Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 01:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes they understand this, how else can they claim to be the victim without racism?

I hope that video is staged, but if not, this country is screwed.
It's not staged. You've got three black people saying this should be expected. Okay, now we know.

I suppose when the cops pull a black man out of a car and make him get on his knees while they tell him they didn't like something he did, and then they let him drive off into the sunset - that will be fine because hey, friendly conversation and everyone went on their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah. Very weird. It’s called being put on notice that no disrespect will be tolerated.

Who turned and said “now we have no stores” after they burned it down. Show me. I need live footage.

And the store owner WAS put on notice. Clearly. With no ambiguity.

I couldn't find the video. I don't even remember if it was on CNN, MSNBC or local news. It also could have been in international news. I looked at various news websites and youtube though and it's not posted there.

I'm not sure why you find this so unbelievable given the unbelievable things that people do - much of it ending up on the news. This isn't even the strangest thing I've ever seen, so while I was pissed off, I wasn't shocked.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:15 PM

25,771 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Now we have a black supremacist militia roaming the streets of America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLepgj-j68

Now we all need to refer to black women as "Queens" or else!
It just keeps get stranger and stranger.
No, you don't understand. This is okay. The fine young men are black and simply promoting racial harmony.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:21 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Now we have a black supremacist militia roaming the streets of America
LOL. Morons and thugs. What they did was highly illegal.

The fact that they don't know that the Police or lawyers are the only possible way to handle this, and not intimidation and personal confrontation, is the same reason they have a high crime problem.

These dummies need to have a long conversation with the Police, and maybe their lawyers if they want to stay out of jail.

Moreover and generally speaking, this type of behavior will cause them to lose ever more stores in areas that already have the lowest supermarket and convenience store concentrations for any population in the Nation.

I wonder if they consulted with "their community" to figure out if their "disrespekt" issue was worth risking store access for everyone else. Probably not, as they don't actually think in "community" terms.

Last, their 'thirsty' armed defense of their "Queen's" ego is thoroughly embarrassing for them as men.

Last edited by golgi1; 09-16-2020 at 01:34 PM..

Old 09-16-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Irony.

They created 1 Trump voter I know of. Sister of a work friend lives in Pittsburgh and is in the background of one of those videos being harassed while trying to eat. He says his sister is now voting Trump. Note not a lifetime thing. He says his sister cares little about politics and this is more of a middle finger at the people that wrecked a rare night out.
I was just about to post that because of the things going on, three people I know who have stated they cannot stand Trump and are Independents - are all voting for Trump now. They said they don't care who writes what book or what news stories come out about him - they're voting for Trump.

These idiot Dems blew it in 2016 and are doing the same in 2020.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:07 PM

431 posts, read 257,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Two sides of a dispute handle it themselves without the police showing up and shooting everybody? Sounds like civilians can handle things on their own without it being a bloodbath sponsored by the state.
You almost start to make sense with what some would consider, arguable logic; and then you blow it. We obviously don't agree on this whole event. You clearly believe the police or "the state" is the problem and (racially motivated) militia groups like these are the solution for us to have a better society. So professor, I argue that mal content, victim mentality, self pity fuel by a more sinister political agenda to change this country as we know it is the root cause for the deterioration of our American society. What say you?

Old 09-16-2020, 02:28 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,070,571 times
Quote:
They did with George Floyd. I'm not BLM or Antifa so i'm not addressing them, because this situation has nothing to do with either. The police didn't need to be there, the issue was peacefully resolved. The police would have most likely violated somebody rights and escalated things to violence. It's strange that the "good guys with guns" label wasn't used here for the good guys with guns in the video.

The citizens handled the issue here without the police. No violence. No riots. No property damage. No death. No nationwide calls for "change". No waste of tax money. The police could actually use the time saved here to work on real crimes. This is what you all wanted, and some still don't seem happy. Interesting.
While I agree with your noble point of citizens resolving issues themselves without the involvement of state authorities, this was resolved "peacefully" as you say, only through intimidation and coercion. No different than when a state agency resolves it "peacefully" through the same methods. IRS collects hundreds of billions of dollars per year through "peaceful" methods such as fines, liens, garnishments, threats of, and in certain cases, imprisonment.

Are you saying it's OK for non-state groups to resolve issues through coercion and intimidation but it's not OK for the state to do the same?

Old 09-16-2020, 03:18 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
You almost start to make sense with what some would consider, arguable logic; and then you blow it. We obviously don't agree on this whole event. You clearly believe the police or "the state" is the problem and (racially motivated) militia groups like these are the solution for us to have a better society. So professor, I argue that mal content, victim mentality, self pity fuel by a more sinister political agenda to change this country as we know it is the root cause for the deterioration of our American society. What say you?
i didn't say racially motivated groups are the solution. I said two parties talked out an issue without getting state sponsored guns involved. It appears as though many people here, have this idea in their head that one of the parties merely having guns is violent, even when nobody points a gun at anybody. All i saw was talking, a handshake, a "thank you" and an exit. That is peaceful.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:22 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
While I agree with your noble point of citizens resolving issues themselves without the involvement of state authorities, this was resolved "peacefully" as you say, only through intimidation and coercion. No different than when a state agency resolves it "peacefully" through the same methods. IRS collects hundreds of billions of dollars per year through "peaceful" methods such as fines, liens, garnishments, threats of, and in certain cases, imprisonment.

Are you saying it's OK for non-state groups to resolve issues through coercion and intimidation but it's not OK for the state to do the same?
I didn't see any coercion or intimidation. I saw talking, a handshake, and a "thank you" from both parties. Somebody posted video of this same group going into other businesses. In one video they talked to store employees, the store refused to close, so this group said something like "no justice no peace" and they peacefully left. No riots, no property damage, no violence.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:27 PM

11,799 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
I didn't see any coercion or intimidation. I saw talking, a handshake, and a "thank you" from both parties. Somebody posted video of this same group going into other businesses. In one video they talked to store employees, the store refused to close, so this group said something like "no justice no peace" and they peacefully left. No riots, no property damage, no violence.
You are off your rocker - the sight of a gun and the size of the gentleman as well as his 2 companions is enough to intimidate someone.

If I knew your address and decided to come over with a couple of the boys - bearing guns - to tell you I don't appreciate the way you talk on this forum and that I think it would be a good idea for you to quit posting after giving the group here an apology for all your nonsense - then according to you - that's peaceably settling things right? Whether you want to comply or not - you would with a possible consequence if you don't staring you in the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies