Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 10:15 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Men approach an individual, display overwhelming force, make whatever demand they like, the individual complies. That's how it's been done since time immemorial. No problem, right? Unless you care about the whole civilization thing...
what does this have to do with THIS situation? why are people talking about everything else. In this situation, the two parties shook hands and said thank you, peacefully. Both sides were civilized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 10:20 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Again I'd argue nothing was peacefully resolved. The BP who demanded the clerk close the shop didn't shake his hand. He waved him on and said you need to get out of here.

The gesture (hand shake) the clerk offered two of the BP also at the scene was an attempt to defused the situation. In fact the clerk had been trying to defuse this situation from the time it started. However, the BP doing the talking was having none it. He insisted the store be closed end of discussion.
How do describe a situation where two parties have a dispute, then talk, shake hands, say "thank you", and walk away from each other? Sounds peaceful to me. What am I missing? LOL

Old 09-15-2020, 10:36 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what does this have to do with THIS situation? why are people talking about everything else. In this situation, the two parties shook hands and said thank you, peacefully. Both sides were civilized.
You're serious? You think that display of intimidation and submission was a peaceful, civilized encounter? In that case I don't want you, or anyone who thinks like you, having power over any aspect of a society I live in.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:54 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
Quote:
Nobody died, the store will be back open. No tax dollars wasted. Both sides handled it peacefully. Did you want the police to show up and create another nationwide revolution?
Holding someone at gunpoint and demanding they agree with you is NOT peaceful!
If you were that store owner I’m sure you would have a different POV.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:55 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
How do describe a situation where two parties have a dispute, then talk, shake hands, say "thank you", and walk away from each other? Sounds peaceful to me. What am I missing? LOL

Well, for starters you're missing:

1:34 clerk attempts to tell BP he needs to watch video of incident. BP says he doesn't care what he sees.

2:38 BP (away from camera) angrily shouts at clerk to back up and stay away (from the protective glass I assume.)

3:03 BP tells clerk he's got to go. He wants him fired.

3:16 clerk tells BP he doesn't have key to lock up. BP tells him he's lying.

3:33 BP tells clerk to lock the door which he does.

There's nothing at all peaceful about what is seen in this video.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:00 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
They did with George Floyd. I'm not BLM or Antifa so i'm not addressing them, because this situation has nothing to do with either. The police didn't need to be there, the issue was peacefully resolved. The police would have most likely violated somebody rights and escalated things to violence. It's strange that the "good guys with guns" label wasn't used here for the good guys with guns in the video.

The citizens handled the issue here without the police. No violence. No riots. No property damage. No death. No nationwide calls for "change". No waste of tax money. The police could actually use the time saved here to work on real crimes. This is what you all wanted, and some still don't seem happy. Interesting.
Why did you bring up George Floyd? He had nothing to do with this incident? What's up with you and these alternate scenarios? Stick to this story!

Old 09-15-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah. Very weird. It’s called being put on notice that no disrespect will be tolerated.
Pretty much what causes black men to murder other black men all across America, nightly.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 09-15-2020 at 11:36 PM..

Old 09-15-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think the clerk would have raised his arms at one point if a firearm hadn't been pointed at him.
And the spokesbully ordered his minion to "stand down". Why would these two things occur if a gun wasn't pointed at the clerk?

Old 09-15-2020, 11:13 PM

8,180 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Another queen?
Wait, is this from the same kingdom as the queen that had the plane fiasco?
Can you have 2 queens?
How many kingdoms are we dealing with here... because I don't think you can have more than one queen. Can you?
This is really getting confusing.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:03 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
It looks like those dorks saw " The Black Panther" one too many times. They think they're in Wakanda. Call a cop and they'd be crying like babies in about 30 seconds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies