Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 04:22 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Three armed guys coming into a store and demanding that a guy close up shop because they felt slighted is talking, in your view? You and I have two different versions of talking.
Again, the store clerk was allegedly armed too since they were there because he pointed a gun in the woman's face. Three men showed up and didn't put guns in anybody's face and they talked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 04:26 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Again, the store clerk was allegedly armed too since they were there because he pointed a gun in the woman's face. Three men showed up and didn't put guns in anybody's face and they talked.
They didn't talk man. They forced a guy to close up shop. The clerk didn't close up a shop because he wanted to, he did so because he was afraid and therefore complied.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:32 PM

724 posts, read 503,849 times
FWIW I don't condone the way the fellows ( especially the one who was yelling ) that walked into the store went about the whole thing , though on the flip side if the fellow behind the counter really did pull a gun on that woman without cause then I can certainly understand people being a more than a little upset .

To reiterate though , I don't think it wise to pass judgement in a situation where no evidence has been shown of the accused's guilt or not guilt , which is why I'll avoid doing so .

But in all seriousness ( and again reiterating ) I hope no more incidents like this will happen again , because eventually someone will probably end up getting shot and thereby spark off an even darker chapter in an already ugly story .

Old 09-16-2020, 04:57 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
FWIW I don't condone the way the fellows ( especially the one who was yelling ) that walked into the store went about the whole thing , though on the flip side if the fellow behind the counter really did pull a gun on that woman without cause then I can certainly understand people being a more than a little upset .

To reiterate though , I don't think it wise to pass judgement in a situation where no evidence has been shown of the accused's guilt or not guilt , which is why I'll avoid doing so .

But in all seriousness ( and again reiterating ) I [B]hope no more incidents like this will happen again , because eventually someone will probably end up getting shot and thereby spark off an even darker chapter in an already ugly story .
[/b]

Thousands of incidents happen like this in our country that never lead to anything but aggravation for both sides. My kids and their friends get into it with gas store clerks weekly because a.) They're there three times a day b.) Teenagers and tweens are annoying and c.) Store clerks/owners are cranky either by nature or because they have to deal with little s***s every single day. Yet, there they are.........

Old 09-16-2020, 05:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
That's not "talking". Consult with an attorney for the difference. That's harassment and maybe assault, but that would be up to the Police upon reviewing the video.

That they or you don't know the difference might be indicative of why the crime rate is high in Black communities.

Nor was it "peaceful". That's spin that is counter to what the video shows, which is harassment at minimum.

You are ridiculous to think this is a normal, legal interaction. If this is how you think, then you or those over whom you have influence are going to have a difficult time in this Life.

The only non-criminal valid path that they had was to call the Police, or an attorney if they wished to pursue a civil suit.

Absent any way forward with either, they have zero Right to confront the store owner. Should they confront the store owner again, they'll almost certainly be arrested. No one has the Right to intimidate anyone into apologizing for anything, let alone closing their store.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM

724 posts, read 503,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
[/b]

Thousands of incidents happen like this in our country that never lead to anything but aggravation for both sides. My kids and their friends get into it with gas store clerks weekly because a.) They're there three times a day b.) Teenagers and tweens are annoying and c.) Store clerks/owners are cranky either by nature or because they have to deal with little s***s every single day. Yet, there they are.........

That's a good point , though this case seems to be different .

I mean this video clip does a poor job of showing it , but weren't these guys who walked into the store all openly carrying firearms ?

Because there are obviously plenty of convenience store clerks out there who will immediately start shooting if they see people carrying guns coming into their store .

Again I don't want to take the side of the clerk in case it does turn out that he did indeed pull a gun on someone without reason , but the guys who walked into the store certainly aren't wholly in the right either even if they actually had a legitimate beef .

I especially hope the racial aspect of this incident doesn't fire many folks up , because a bunch of racially motivated quick mart gun battles is the last thing we need .

Old 09-16-2020, 05:28 PM

495 posts, read 193,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I couldn't find the video. I don't even remember if it was on CNN, MSNBC or local news. It also could have been in international news. I looked at various news websites and youtube though and it's not posted there.

I'm not sure why you find this so unbelievable given the unbelievable things that people do - much of it ending up on the news. This isn't even the strangest thing I've ever seen, so while I was pissed off, I wasn't shocked.
This should be enough to prove your point.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/06...er-in-chicago/

Old 09-16-2020, 05:29 PM

3,227 posts, read 1,607,268 times
Quote:

But in all seriousness ( and again reiterating ) I hope no more incidents like this will happen again , because eventually someone will probably end up getting shot and thereby spark off an even darker chapter in an already ugly story .
These gentlemen are in the business of intimidation...

https://twitter.com/KittyLists/statu...37356222164993

https://twitter.com/KittyLists/statu...34904634724353

Old 09-16-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
That's a good point , though this case seems to be different .

I mean this video clip does a poor job of showing it , but weren't these guys who walked into the store all openly carrying firearms ?

Because there are obviously plenty of convenience store clerks out there who will immediately start shooting if they see people carrying guns coming into their store .

Again I don't want to take the side of the clerk in case it does turn out that he did indeed pull a gun on someone without reason , but the guys who walked into the store certainly aren't wholly in the right either even if they actually had a legitimate beef .

I especially hope the racial aspect of this incident doesn't fire many folks up , because a bunch of racially motivated quick mart gun battles is the last thing we need .
I was referring to the incident with a clerk and a woman prior to these guys, my apologies for not clarifying. These guys chose to escalate it by going in armed. They could've just let the incident with the woman go, call the cops, or myriad of other less offensive options. Yet they chose to walk in armed, film their encounter, demanded of him to call the women in the neighborhood queens, and finally forced him to close up for the day.

No one has a right to do that, even if they felt justified in their actions. If every single one of us chose to settle our conflicts like this, it would be anarchy.

And, I'm not sure that store clerks pull guns on their customers for no reason, if that in fact occurred with a woman prior to the tough guys entering the scene.

As far as the racial aspect you refer to, it appears, there are two different sets of rules of behavior: one for blacks and one for everyone else.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:33 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
This is not just some guy defending the honor of his woman, this is a direct challenge to the power and sovereignty of the state. They are filming it themselves, it is a direct statement and declaration of power. They don’t care about any election, they already own the street.
They don’t own s***. They are on the thinnest of ice right now. People are already turning on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies