Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 06:51 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,702 times

Advertisements

This short documentary breaks down the series of events that led up to Kyle Rittenhouse having to defend himself from a violent mob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dh...ctr=1600867185

This case is important because it may impact American's rights to self-defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 07:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
From the "About" page of #FightBack:

...The left has spied on, harassed, and smeared President Trump and his officials with illegal actions and fake news. The Trump Russia conspiracy theories were based on lies and hysteria in response we fight back to protect individual rights by supporting lawsuits and other actions that address discrimination against conservatives...

Hard pass on them having any sort of un-biased legal opinion on those shootings.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:53 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,562,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

...The left has spied on, harassed, and smeared President Trump and his officials with illegal actions and fake news. The Trump Russia conspiracy theories were based on lies and hysteria in response we fight back to protect individual rights by supporting lawsuits and other actions that address discrimination against conservatives...

Hard pass on them having any sort of un-biased legal opinion on those shootings.
I like it when people don't even attempt to make a valid argument based on another person's argument, instead opting to go immediately to ad hominem attacks.

It let's you know the character of the people you are dealing with.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:54 AM

19,225 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Why is it every time a person places themselves in a situation they shouldn't be in and could easily avoid with a weapon they shouldn't have or need they are suddenly claiming self defense?

Quote:

The about page statement is stating facts.
What about it do you disagree with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I like it when people don't even attempt to make a valid argument based on another person's argument, instead opting to go immediately to ad hominem attacks.

It let's you know the character of the people you are dealing with.

I'm not wasting my time looking for unbiased information from Rittenhouse's defense team. Sorry, not sorry.

If that offends your delicate sensibilities, you'll just have to manage to make it through.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Doesn't matter -- if anybody thinks it is a good, wise thing for a young boy who is untrained to be used as a vigilante to try and keep law and order.....they need their freak'n head examined.

He should never have put himself in that position.
His mother should never have allowed him to put himself in that situation.

It is beyond sad.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:57 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,562,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why is it every time a person places themselves in a situation they shouldn't be in and could easily avoid with a weapon they shouldn't have or need they are suddenly claiming self defense?
You have the right to self defense when someone else attacks you.....even if you "shouldn't have been in that neighborhood" or "shouldn't have been wearing that sexy dress".

That's just how self defense works.

Quote:
I'm not wasting my time looking for unbiased information from Rittenhouse's defense team. Sorry, not sorry.

If that offends your delicate sensibilities, you'll just have to manage to make it through.
The point is that you are intentionally ignorant as to what was argued and you embarrass yourself by attempting to attack what you admit you are ignorant of.

I'm not offended by it, I just pointed out that ignorant ad hominem attacks are indicative of the character of those making them.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
You have the right to self defense when someone else attacks you.....even if you "shouldn't have been in that neighborhood" or "shouldn't have been wearing that sexy dress".

That's just how self defense works.

The point is that you are intentionally ignorant as to what was argued and you embarrass yourself by attempting to attack what you admit you are ignorant of.

I'm not offended by it, I just pointed out that ignorant ad hominem attacks are indicative of the character of those making them.

Like I said, you'll have to find the intestinal fortitude to make it through, somehow. I'm sure you can do it.

I have no desire to give their YouTube channel another view hit.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Kyle was trying to avoid the situation but was attacked and chased by a violent leftist mob, and was thus forced to defend himself.

I should also add that no one has the right to trash a neighborhood and riot in the streets.
This is something Biden supporters need to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies