Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Charge Louisville "Riot U-Haul" Renter With Sedition?
Trace the plates, question the rental outfit, indict and convict? 64 94.12%
It's Part of Free Speech, Don't Chill Speech 2 2.94%
Do Nothing 1 1.47%
Other opinions, please post, or just post anyway 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 01:43 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,447,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
LOL - deflect because any answer you give will show what a hypocrite you are.
I didn't deflect from anything. I answered your question.

It doesn't matter what I'm afraid of. Do you own a weapon for self/home defense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM

11,911 posts, read 5,887,740 times
Hool and crone - this is where both of you are back stepping. I don't question someone's need for a gun - these are dangerous times and many are like those in my family - competitive shooters but these protestors have nothing to fear as long as they are peaceful and you know it. Supplying them with vests and shields mean they are mixing with those who are up to no good or are planning nefarious acts themselves. I need an umbrella to protect me from the rain - I don't carry one to protect me from rubber bullets because I'm doing nothing wrong that would result in the police shooting at me.

Same goes with the masks - they were used before Covid to hide their faces. Now if you truly believe in your cause - you have nothing to fear by having your face uncovered but they hide because they don't want people to know who they are.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:45 PM

11,911 posts, read 5,887,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I didn't deflect from anything. I answered your question.

It doesn't matter what I'm afraid of. Do you own a weapon for self/home defense?
You didn't answer my question - you told me it was none of my business. If you are going to speak your mind on a public forum - than people have every right to ask you question to determine if you are making valid points or just making things up as you go along.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question - you told me it was none of my business. If you are going to speak your mind on a public forum - than people have every right to ask you question to determine if you are making valid points or just making things up as you go along.
I absolutely did answer it, here I'll highlight it for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
None of your business, frankly. Just like it's not up to you to decide what I do or don't "need" regarding defense of me and mine.

Maybe I'm afraid of zombies, maybe I'm afraid of my neighbor, maybe I'm afraid of ANTIFA. Maybe I'm not afraid of anything at all. It's irrelevant.
What I might or might not be afraid of is IRRELEVANT when it comes to the question of what anyone else thinks I "need" for self-defense/home defense.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Hool and crone - this is where both of you are back stepping. I don't question someone's need for a gun - these are dangerous times and many are like those in my family - competitive shooters but these protestors have nothing to fear as long as they are peaceful and you know it. Supplying them with vests and shields mean they are mixing with those who are up to no good or are planning nefarious acts themselves. I need an umbrella to protect me from the rain - I don't carry one to protect me from rubber bullets because I'm doing nothing wrong that would result in the police shooting at me.

Same goes with the masks - they were used before Covid to hide their faces. Now if you truly believe in your cause - you have nothing to fear by having your face uncovered but they hide because they don't want people to know who they are.
Tell that to Heather Heyer or Summer Taylor or......

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...portland-video

Again, who are you to decide what legal items some other citizen does or doesn't "need"? You're no better than the gun-grabbers.

Last edited by hooligan; 09-24-2020 at 02:32 PM..

Old 09-24-2020, 01:57 PM

52,392 posts, read 52,904,140 times
Sedition is a term I keep getting heard thrown around.

Prosecutors need to look into the line between free speech of protesting versus what is happening with that equipment and intentions and if it's is more into the sedition territory move forward and prosecute those involved.

Of course Soros and he's lefty cronies are buying and installing DA's across the country that basically do his bidding so who knows what is going to come of that. This new no prosecuting of laws BS that is infecting this nation.

The Feds need to start looking into this stuff as it's starting to get ridiculous and anyone with a brain can tell it's a well funded movement that is happening, not just rando people mad at the system and wanna break crap, it's getting to be well beyond that at this point.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:04 PM

24,072 posts, read 15,189,958 times
Quote:

When one goes out into the street to participate in these protest they have no clue what they will encounter. How does anybody know who or what will happen?

A close relative had to be in the middle of a protest due to his work. As he parked his car, a tear gas canister rolled under it. He ran. But when he got back to his car, the canister that he saw was gone. The city had cleaned the street even under his car. The daily paper said no tear gas was used. But everybody in the vanity knows it was.

Everything I've read says +/- of the protest are 95% peaceful.

There was some conversation regarding photos of protestors in the paper. From I understand if they are the street it's ok to take a picture. A published close up needs ID and a release. A blurry crowd shot, not so much.

The umbrellas are for pepper spray. It started in Hong Kong.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:35 PM

3,242 posts, read 1,626,341 times
You can’t have a proper demonstration without shields, so says the org chart...

Old 09-24-2020, 08:27 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When one goes out into the street to participate in these protest they have no clue what they will encounter. How does anybody know who or what will happen?
Do these protesters even know what they want?

Old 09-24-2020, 09:00 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,625,686 times
I wonder if it was Kammie that paid for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies