Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Charge Louisville "Riot U-Haul" Renter With Sedition?
Trace the plates, question the rental outfit, indict and convict? 64 94.12%
It's Part of Free Speech, Don't Chill Speech 2 2.94%
Do Nothing 1 1.47%
Other opinions, please post, or just post anyway 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 05:22 AM

35,395 posts, read 17,291,741 times

Advertisements

Someone paid for the U-Haul rental full of riot gear (link) (video in linked article). I'd like to see who that was. Maybe that would make an interesting sedition investigation and arrest. Potentially Federal too. And Federal courts rarely acquit.

Let's do some investigating. Obviously the poor ghetto youth have nothing to fear as, frankly, what good does incarcerating them really do? Unless they have rap sheets a mile long, none, since no judge will or should impose a lengthy sentence. And if they have rap sheets it's another charge or conviction piled on top of others. I would like to see some wealthy families squirm as their spoiled, "virtuous" sons and daughters face consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 05:26 AM

17,029 posts, read 12,648,529 times
Last step: Thank the renters for being dumb enough to make something so easy to trace.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:06 AM

24,105 posts, read 15,210,209 times
Looks like anti riot gear to me.

What was distributed that was a weapon?

So what if some one handed out stuff to protect people?

Old 09-24-2020, 06:13 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,541,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

The rioters are there IN VIOLATION OF CURFEW. What is it about liberals that makes no mention of rioters ignoring laws?

And while you’re so concerned with the “protection” of rioters, any concern for the cops that some thugs shot?

Old 09-24-2020, 06:20 AM

24,105 posts, read 15,210,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The rioters are there IN VIOLATION OF CURFEW. What is it about liberals that makes no mention of rioters ignoring laws?

And while you’re so concerned with the “protection” of rioters, any concern for the cops that some thugs shot?

When have I ever said shooting anybody is OK?

Shooting people is wrong. I'll even include wild animals and big game hunting being shot is wrong..

That includes police.

Was there a curfew at 2PM?

Old 09-24-2020, 06:24 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,453,894 times
Is distributing "shields, masks, goggles and water bottles" illegal?

If not, I'm not sure under what pretense you would investigate anything from an LEO perspective. Of course journalists are free to investigate whatever they like within their powers and authority.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:40 AM

1,110 posts, read 675,679 times
4chan in a matter of hours had already identified the culprit with the help of the license plate and truck ID number seen in the video. The renter (a bail disruptor - bailproject dot org) participated in a 4 minute audio interview with someone claiming to be a Uhaul representative reaching out RE: complaints received about her particular truck. She bragadicously explained and defended her actions. When the interviewer disclosed the possible legal ramification of her actions, long pause.... "You'll have to speak with my lawyer", hung up.

If the "protest" devolved to violence, it is clear her actions aided and abetted, thus 'participating' in an organized violent riot during a state of emergency. Very likely a federal charge.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:42 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,453,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
4chan in a matter of hours had already identified the culprit with the help of the license plate and truck ID number seen in the video. The renter (a bail disruptor - bailproject dot org) participated in a 4 minute audio interview with someone claiming to be a Uhaul representative reaching out RE: complaints received about her particular truck. She bragadicously explained and defended her actions. When the interviewer disclosed the possible legal ramification of her actions, long pause.... "You'll have to speak with my lawyer", hung up.

If the "protest" devolved to violence, it is clear her actions aided and abetted, thus 'participating' in an organized violent riot during a state of emergency. Very likely a federal charge.
What school did you get your J.D. from?

Old 09-24-2020, 06:44 AM

8,099 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

It's doubleplusgood!

Old 09-24-2020, 06:44 AM

3,575 posts, read 2,216,054 times
Stop the violence, stop the rioting! Stop shooting police. I am tired of people using every excuse to shoot a cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies