Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 02:03 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fai...-coney-barrett

Barrett's response was measured but on point: "If you're asking whether I take my Catholic faith seriously, I do, though I would stress that my personal church affiliation or my religious belief would not bear on the discharge of my duties as a judge."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 02:29 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Of course. This is a Kennedyesque fear mongering campaign. From the very late 50s I might add. Tone deaf progs at it again.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:31 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Of course. This is a Kennedyesque fear mongering campaign.
There is a substantial group of people that really want our public policy to be based on the Bible. Now I'm not saying I know 100% that she is lying and that she does belong to that group, but it's certainly a possibility given her past statements and positions.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:52 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
There is a substantial group of people that really want our public policy to be based on the Bible. Now I'm not saying I know 100% that she is lying and that she does belong to that group, but it's certainly a possibility given her past statements and positions.
Biblical guidance has always been among the founding principles of this country. But our forebears picked and chose among Biblical ideas to arrive at which ones they thought we should follow.

"Don't steal", "don't murder", "don't lie or defraud" are found prominently in the Bible. And they make up a significant part of our founding laws and principles. But if they had never appeared in the Bible or other ancient texts, they'd still be very good things to have in our laws.

OTOH "No graven idols" was also in the Bible, but is not found anywhere in our founding principles.

There are a number of principles in the Bible. Some are found among our country's founding principles. But others aren't, and shouldn't be.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:59 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Amy Coney Barrett, candidate for the Supreme Court, says that the Bible will not affect her judgement on Court decisions

That's like saying Cardinal McCarrick won't let his "church views" affect his judgement of pedophile priests. ...

Old 09-21-2020, 03:09 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
LOL. If she has to say that...

Old 09-21-2020, 03:13 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,396,257 times
May the Force be with her.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
I'm so disgusted by Trump supporters that I hope they nominate her and she goes full right wing, ending abortion, ending government handouts and every other thing that Trump supporters love to scream about but actually do themselves. Wait until their daughters are forced to carry their abuser's child to term while being forced to pray in school. Give them a belly full of every thing they claim to want.

It's like evangelicals that said they cared about the Bible until Trump came along. They never cared, it was all a ruse in their pursuit for power. As soon as a sleazy thrice married, multi-bankruptcy billionaire that publicly cheated on his wife but promises they will have power comes along, the Bible got tossed.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:19 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Kennedy was a good judge and a catholic. It’s completely inappropriate and unconstitutional for any member of Congress to block her appointment because of her religious beliefs.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-21-2020, 03:20 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm so disgusted by Trump supporters that I hope they nominate her and she goes full right wing, ending abortion, ending government handouts and every other thing that Trump supporters love to scream about but actually do themselves. Wait until their daughters are forced to carry their abuser's child to term while being forced to pray in school. Give them a belly full of every thing they claim to want.

It's like evangelicals that said they cared about the Bible until Trump came along. They never cared, it was all a ruse in their pursuit for power. As soon as a sleazy thrice married, multi-bankruptcy billionaire that publicly cheated on his wife but promises they will have power comes along, the Bible got tossed.
I'll take that deal since the 2nd half of your fever dream will never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies