Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 10:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
The whole idea behind name badge is it makes the officer appears more approachable and friendly in a normal regular encounter with citizen, but we are living in 2020.

Keyword: normal regular encounter
I wonder because one of the things about me is my stance. As someone once told me, "Last night at the party, even relaxed against the wall, there is certain prowess to you.". It is quite as the lines go, "those who feel me near, close their blinds and change their minds".

Further, even in the years afterwards, people react to me as if I'm police or a ranger........and there have been quite a number who have suddenly turned and gone the other direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
No they’re not, and anyone targeting their families should be dealt with.

Just saying our society kind of built up to this with unchecked brutality. Now the police need to protect themselves from an angry society and their only response is more brutality (as we’ve seen earlier this year).

There is no justification for targeting their fams.

Just an explanation for how we got here.
What time warp did you step out of?

It's been like that for decades of where's one family is a target; I suppose the only difference might be is that now the public realizes it.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:57 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Excellent news. Cops are under threat from Antifa and BLM. One of my wife's friends in Rochester NY has been threatened. They listed his name, address, wife,kids and where they play soccer. If you do not think this has gotten real than you are crazy!

A few of my coworkers from CBP and ICE have been doxed by pro-illegal immigrant right groups /leftists since 2018. Many of my coworkers had to move and changed to new address for the safety of their families. Local cops are just late to the game

Old 09-25-2020, 11:00 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
No.
What Im saying, I don’t agree, but I understand.

But this is leading us to something darker for our nation as a whole.
Why? Because the violent leftists don’t know the cop’s name? The horror!!!!!!

They still have their badge number and/or some kind of identification number displayed

Old 09-25-2020, 11:03 AM

14,022 posts, read 15,032,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
It's just common sense. Someone filing a legitimate complaint can get a badge number and go down to file an official complaint. Terrorists and mobs get someone's name in order to target someone and their family just for doing their job. They want a name so they can find their home address, family members, phone numbers, etc.

I'm sure there's people against protecting police officers or their families. It'll be these same people, much like the Minneapolis City Council, that will wonder why nobody wants to join the police force and why violent crime is out of control.

I'm not sure how their is any less accountability. Police officers can still be held accountable for their actions even when their name is not printed on their uniform. It just puts a small barrier up to violent mobs terrorizing an officer or their family.
That’s not really how it works. You remember words as a bunch but random jibberish as individual characters. Which is why Callahnan would read Callahan to most people. That’s why typos are generally still readable.

674368 is gibberish. And unless someone writes it down they will never remember it. They would remember “Jacobs”

Old 09-25-2020, 11:11 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Why? Because the violent leftists don’t know the cop’s name? The horror!!!!!!

They still have their badge number and/or some kind of identification number displayed
“violent leftists”. These guys don’t give a crud about politics.
But this sows more division between people and police.

And this is from their militarization.

See, the military is to protect us from a “them”

That “us”included the police.

Now it’s not like that. Because too many saw the police as infallible.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
That’s not really how it works. You remember words as a bunch but random jibberish as individual characters. Which is why Callahnan would read Callahan to most people. That’s why typos are generally still readable.

674368 is gibberish. And unless someone writes it down they will never remember it. They would remember “Jacobs”
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
https://www.dictionary.com/e/typoglycemia/

Old 09-25-2020, 11:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post

What's wrong with writing it down?

In my car, there is a green log book, to be used in case of accidents. When the Forester got rear ended near the turn of this century, I wrote down all the information I could to include the officer's badge number. When I was talking with an insurance agent a few days later, he complimented me of the throughness of my information, something he didn't usually come across.

A, B, and C. A: It's how I've been trained to do things, to take notes. B: In stressful situations, it calms me down. C: it may have a benefit. In an office shooter training scenario, the odds are that if anyone is left behind with the shooter, it will be me. In such a scenario, if I was the hostage, I would be asking him if I could take notes, noted as above it is my way to calm down but there can be another thing to it as well. It may calm him down because now someone is actually listening to him. Just a tidbit.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What's wrong with writing it down?

In my car, there is a green log book, to be used in case of accidents. When the Forester got rear ended near the turn of this century, I wrote down all the information I could to include the officer's badge number. When I was talking with an insurance agent a few days later, he complimented me of the throughness of my information, something he didn't usually come across.

A, B, and C. A: It's how I've been trained to do things, to take notes. B: In stressful situations, it calms me down. C: it may have a benefit. In an office shooter training scenario, the odds are that if anyone is left behind with the shooter, it will be me. In such a scenario, if I was the hostage, I would be asking him if I could take notes, noted as above it is my way to calm down but there can be another thing to it as well. It may calm him down because now someone is actually listening to him. Just a tidbit.
That’s if the officer lets you.
But I guess you can just take a picture of their badge...

Old 09-25-2020, 11:22 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
I don't see anything wrong w/ this...in fact it's probably going to make it easier to file complaints against them when they do you wrong.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:26 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Less accountability I think it's the controversy. Someone compared it to Watchmen
I'm from Buffalo - these cops have been harassed, had people come to their house, protestors have blown up pics of their families and put them on signs that they carry during a protest ect.. No one should feel threatened by these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies