Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 03:26 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a ridiculous thing to say.

Soooo you are telling me that if something tragic happened in your life like a car accident, a medical emergency or maybe you were mugged that you wouldn't call the Police for help?

The Police are not the enemy. The Police are good people that are doing a tough job for the communities they live in. I think it is disgusting that the Democrats and their media are turning people against the Police. It is terrible that people are attacking them and killing them for what, some kind of justice?

The thing is with the Police they will take the abuse from the public and the elected Democrats and if you should need their help they will come to you no matter your race or if you are a Trump or a Biden fan.

I don't know what you do for work but would you want to be attacked for doing your job? Would you want to be called out as a racist just because you wear a similar uniform as a bad cop in other state that hurt someone? Would you want to wonder if someone messed with your take out food just because you are a cop? Would you want some idiot to follow you home and damage your property or hurt your family?

Do I like Totalitarian Governments? We are far from that. People are FREE to protest anything they want in America, try doing that in most of the countries of the world and you might find your self in prison or worse. Peaceful Protests are one thing but when it turns into a riot I think the Police should be allowed to use any means available to stop the violence.

I am not for riots or anarchy but I am for Law and Order on the streets.
Being anti-authoritarian does not mean anti-cop.
We need cops.
But we also need to hood them at higher standards. Meaning they cannot get away with something a citizen would get severely punished for.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:22 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
We need cops.
But we also need to hood them at higher standards. Meaning they cannot get away with something a citizen would get severely punished for.
Do citizens get send out to deal with life & death situations where they have, literally, split second decision to make it the call? The cops have to make the right decision EVERY SINGLE TIME on the spot. That same split decision will be analyzed, frame-by-frame ,in high definition by lawyers and Facebook warriors for months in the safety of their room.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Later they will justify officers changing their badge numbers daily because otherwise the public will link badge numbers to names in under a day for every officer, and make it s public database.

Which will of course result in ZERO accountability.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Later they will justify officers changing their badge numbers daily because otherwise the public will link badge numbers to names in under a day for every officer, and make it s public database.

Which will of course result in ZERO accountability.
Oh, hypothetical situation huh?

Is that the same hypothetical situation when you claimed violence in Portland will cease if federal agents leave?

Old 09-25-2020, 04:33 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
We need cops.
Are you sure for cops and citizens are not the same.

As citizens, we are expected to avoid the places where we expect to find danger. When it comes to CHL, there is a saying, "Now that you can carry a gun, don't go anyplace you wouldn't go if you couldn't carry a gun.". If we expect we need a gun there, we aren't suppose to go there.

Hence, going to a place where you expect you will need a gun is reckless at least, it is putting one's self in the situation instead of finding one's self in the situation, and it could be presented to the jury as premeditation. There is at least one instance in the current times where that may be the court interpreted situation.

Police, on the other hand, are expected to go where they expect danger, where they expect they will need a gun. It is part of the job and as such, it would not make much sense to expect them to go there but then punish them for what they must do.

Hence, cops and citizens are not the same....at least some of the time.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Do citizens get send out to deal with life & death situations where they have, literally, split second decision to make it the call? The cops have to make the right decision EVERY SINGLE TIME on the spot. That same split decision will be analyzed, frame-by-frame ,in high definition by lawyers and Facebook warriors for months in the safety of their room.
Well cops are the ones that need the mental capacity of o handle those situations. Civilians do not have the training. Hence higher standards.

I will make exceptions for example that guy that stole the stun gun in the drive through. He pointed it at the cop, what did he expect? But situations like Brianna Taylor, she didn’t deserve what happened, and breakinginto someone’s house even if you shout police, you breakdown’s someone’s door, how would they know? They couldn’t just scope out the apartment and apprehend the couple on their way to work? That’s also why we need more bodycams.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:57 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...number-instead

Plot Twis: The Numbers are written as equations.
Very sensible move in the age of doxing by crazed leftists.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Oh, hypothetical situation huh?

Is that the same hypothetical situation when you claimed violence in Portland will cease if federal agents leave?
Officers during the floyd unrest were already putting tape over their badges.

Old 09-25-2020, 06:07 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
No.
What Im saying, I don’t agree, but I understand.

But this is leading us to something darker for our nation as a whole.
Blame your fellow democrats for this. Their recent actions (rioting/looting/vandalizing) have made it necessary for the police to take steps like removing their names on their uniforms. If it gets even worse, I wouldn't blame them if they started covering their faces.

The next time a cop does you wrong (I say the next time because I truly wonder if you have had a brush with the law, thus your attitude) take a photo of his/her badge number or write it down. Period.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Officers during the floyd unrest were already putting tape over their badges.
Umm, which one? Its definitely not Chauvin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies