Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2020, 07:22 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Pity one of those 10 physicians wasn't a psychiatrist. A couple of experimental anti-psychotics would be taxpayer money well spent.
Such a great point!!!!!

Old 10-05-2020, 07:26 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Although he does appear smitten - Trump does have a way of hiring gorgeous young women for his communications/spokesperson staff, these photos were taken at a public event in view of the crowd.

These photos were taken at a public good-bye, at a send-off for Hope Hicks when she left the white house in 2018, and carried in AP News. These weren't some clandestine tryst secret photos.

https://apnews.com/article/6c34711c1...6df2b88e6f28a4
I can't imagine being kissed by Trump. Gross! And to think he paid way more than $70K on that "hair" and it still came out that horrible? He needs a new hairdresser.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:27 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

If I were the admin at the hospital, I'd be in meetings this morning trying to figure out how to off load this man on to someone else's responsibility, if all he needs at this point are oxygen and steroids for the foreseeable future. He's a 9 minute helicopter ride back to the hospital.
I think he used up his $750 Federal Payment already. This time he can walk. It will be good for him to don a mask and get some exercise and fresh air. His "fans" can cheer him and he can kiss their babies along the way. Win/win for everyone. Well, except for anyone who gets close to the diseased dotard.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:32 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Trump and Melania both test positive for coronavirus!

I have no sympathy for the man and woman who have no sympathy for over 200,000 Americans.

He never said he has no sympathy.

How do you feel about NY Gov Cuomo?

Old 10-05-2020, 08:46 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I hope he is fine but there is a lot of parsing of what has been said that releasing him tomorrow is just plain foolhardy and goes against standards of care for the virus. Most patients who have been discharged early were discharged in over-run hospitals. Walter Reed is most definitely not. Most Remdesivir patients are kept in the hospital during their treatment and administering the drug. Trump is set for another two or three days depending when his first treatment was. Take your pro-Trump crap back in the orifice it came from.
Good point. My wife was discharged too early for those same reasons earlier in the Pandemic. I had to immediately call for an ambulance to send her back as her O2 sat was in the 70's on room air. And she was discharged without oxygen!

Of course our knowledge and treatments related to the virus are much improved now. If Trump is stable enough he certainly could go back to the WH with proper protocols, equipment, monitoring and medical personnel in place and close at hand.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't transfer a man with mild flu like symptoms to Walter Reed and start a medication regime that is made up of experimental treatments and the drugs given to the 'sickest of the sick' to a man with mild flu like symptoms.
You might.

Covid 19 and O2 levels can be a sticky wicket.

Many patients start to decompensate with their 02 levels dropping. They can feel quite well despite some scary low O2 sats. Plus, it sounds like Trump's chest CT was abnormal. Probably suggesting new infiltrates from the virus.

So his risks of crumping in the next few days are high. (along with his age and obesity)

Thus the aggressive treatment.

Remdesivir, dexamethasone and (most likely) the Regeneron treatments are quite safe. And very powerful.

As the Pandemic winds down we have learned a great deal. So the treatments have evolved and improved.

In the not too distant future I would expect that these treatments will start in the outpatient setting.

So IMO, what we are seeing with Trump, is what Joe Blow might get for his virus in the not too distant future.

If he were a liberal many of us would be lauding his bravery as an early medical research subject!

Old 10-05-2020, 09:09 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Why do you say that? Most people who get COVID-19 recover very quickly even without the care the president has had. Hell all I took was a Z pack and I was basically fully recovered in 2 days.
I was just responding to this quote from several pages back. Actual maybe 2 dozen pages back.
----------
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz What a Narcissist. His damn Ego needs stroking even while being hospitalized. If they release him tomorrow I'm thinking that all of this was a political hoax.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...virus-313.html

Old 10-05-2020, 09:23 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
White House has well equipped medical facility inside. From i read, it's pretty close to ICU capability. Also those doctors are military doctors so they would just be ordered to go to White House and they would have to follow orders.
ICUs are located in hospitals that contain multi-million dollar labs like that needed to monitor Trump's remdesivir treatment and radiological equipment like CT scans to deal with what most doctors believe is his now moderate-stage pneumonia. Dr. Conley mentioned that Trump is being repeatedly tested. Covid-19 is an inherently unstable disease often characterized by wide fluctuations within any one patient.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
People die WITH Covid, or FROM Covid????

Either can happen. Most FROM. If you test positive, but die from some unrelated problem, you die WITH.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:28 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF6HUj39-Lo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies