Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2020, 03:58 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times

Advertisements

The only reason for the Lefties' fixation on masks is to determine how much of a public with too much trust in authority will blindly follow their lead and obey their dicta.

Big Brother is watching YOU -- Period.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:16 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
Don't be afraid of COVID.... don't let it dominate your life...Donald J. Trump

If truth be told, I am not afraid of the virus.

I am scared of the people who do not care about their fellow human beings and refuse to wear masks; Those who think it is a flu; Those who think 7 million infected are "nothing" and fellow Americans are nobodies; Those who think that 210,000 dead are "acceptable"; Those who, in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, insist quackery and quacks are equivalent to Science and distinguished scientists.

I am scared of the delusional man who has in-home ICU facilities, 24hr in-home doctors, helicopter ambulance service, and access to any drug known to man-kind. The same man who then works to take basic health care away from millions of Americans.

How did we get to the point where Americans define freedom as the right to endanger others? To the place where Americans worship a fealty demanding demagogue who shows no return loyalty to the nation... a know-nothing bully who is the very one demanding control and dominance over the lives of Americans?

This is what scares me.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-07-2020 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 10-07-2020, 04:39 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

I am scared of the people who do not care about their fellow human beings and refuse to wear masks; Those who think it is a flu; Those who think 7 million infected is "nothing" and fellow Americans are nobodies; Those who think that 210,000 dead are "acceptable"; Those who, in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, demand quackery and claim quacks are equivalent to Science and distinguished scientists.

I am scared of the delusional man who has in-home ICU facilities, 24hr in-home doctors, helicopter ambulance service, and access to any drug known to man-kind. The same man who then works to take basic health care away from millions of Americans.

How did we get to the point where Americans define freedom as the right to endanger others? Where Americans worship a fealty demanding demagogue who shows no return loyalty to the nation? Where a know-nothing bully desires to dominate the lives of all Americans?

This is what scares me.
Me too.

I always knew there were a few nut cases here and there who didn't believe in science, didn't agree with treating everyone equally, passed around delusional conspiracy nonsense, saw themselves as guardians of a losing culture, ... KKK comes to mind.

I never thought that 40% of the country would back this.

And never in a million years did I think that 40% of the country would think it is fine and dandy to test positive for a contagious and deadly disease and then deliberately expose others to it.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:47 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
211 thousand or so deaths in the US impacted or caused by covid. Other than the Political FORCED shutdown of the economy ( and sad families) what has been the effect. I still don't know a single person hit with the bug. Hide your head in a sack and live like a cowardly cur dog... not me...…

Old 10-07-2020, 04:47 AM

3,088 posts, read 1,549,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

I am scared of the people who do not care about their fellow human beings and refuse to wear masks; Those who think it is a flu; Those who think 7 million infected is "nothing" and fellow Americans are nobodies; Those who think that 210,000 dead are "acceptable"; Those who, in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, insist quackery and quacks are equivalent to Science and distinguished scientists.

How did we get to the point where Americans define freedom as the right to endanger others? Where Americans worship a fealty demanding demagogue who shows no return loyalty to the nation? Where a know-nothing bully desires to dominate the lives of all Americans and thinks nothing of holding our government hostage and commanding votes are the ransom?

This is what scares me.
Get a life! You need to look at the history of disease and the death rates from other diseases. Are you wringing your hands about the 1.5 million who die from TB around the world including the US every year? A disease that has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years and is contagious? Are you ringing your hands over the millions who were ill with swine flu? Do you care about the million+ that die from heart disease and cancer every year in the US? Etc etc etc. So, oh please, I’m so tired of this tunnel vision when it comes to this disease. Covid is not the only disease in the world, its not the only disease to die from, but we didnt put millions out of work, we didnt ignore the mental health of every age group that has been isolated, we didnt ignore the education of the kids in this country! If you are so scared, stay in your house and stop subjecting the rest of us to rules and regulations that limit our freedom and our well being!

Old 10-07-2020, 04:50 AM

4,193 posts, read 2,516,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Stop being so dramatic. It's the flu. Not Captain Trips.
Chris Christie is so scared of it, he checked himself into the hospital.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:52 AM

4,193 posts, read 2,516,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The only reason for the Lefties' fixation on masks is to determine how much of a public with too much trust in authority will blindly follow their lead and obey their dicta.

Big Brother is watching YOU -- Period.
Its Trump who is paternalistic and who doesn't trust the American people. Rather than give us facts, he intentionally downplayed the pandemic so we would not worry. We can make our own decisions if we have the information. Its obvious he can't make decisions, he put his family, his supporters even those who clean his home at risk.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:00 AM

If I could give you cancer from breathing on you, I would wear a face mask.

Just saying.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:04 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If I could give you cancer from breathing on you, I would wear a face mask.

Just saying.
But you can give someone a cold or the flu by breathing on them. Yet, for every year prior to 2020, you never wore a face mask. Why?

Also, masks don't stop your breath. If they did, you'd suffocate. Your breath will leave your mask and eventually I will inhale it, whether I'm wearing a mask or not. It does stop your spit, saliva, etc. And that's it. If the primary transmission of Covid19 is airborne transmission, then masks do nothing or close to nothing. If the primary way Covid19 is transmitted is fomites, then masks make sense. It just depends.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:05 AM

Anyway, let's see how the get-a-life, herd immunity approach works in the WH.

As of last count, 34 had tested positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies