Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2020, 05:09 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,131,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Anyway, let's see how the get-a-life, herd immunity approach works in the WH.

As of last count, 34 had tested positive.
They all seem to be fine, having no symptoms or mild symptoms. I'd make a bet that not one gets put in the ICU or on a vent, despite the majority of that 34 being in high risk categories (age + some conditions).

Old 10-07-2020, 05:12 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,660,134 times
So dramatic and like I've said time and time and time and time and time again, this is NOT the worse disease to ever cripple the world. Like so many of you (mostly/mainly leftist) take it as. And as I constantly point out, the survival rate is 98%-99% and you guys simply gloss right over that.

Without resulting to name calling or insults, I'll just call you guys "Provids". How many of you Provids know someone who has died or been terribly effected by this virus? And I mean someone who you know DIRECTLY. Someone who has a truly direct effect in your relationship. Not your friends mothers neighbors daughters ex-boyfriends sister-in-laws son. Of course, if someone who died in your family from the virus directly, then you get all that energy from me. Still, it doesn't change the fact that the data proves this virus isn't what you think it is.

Trump surviving this virus should be more encouraging if anything yet you guys want to engage in conspiracy theories. While all this time you called anyone who isn't on the same page as you "conspiracy theorist". I'm all for conspiracy theories, I always find them fun to talk about. However and again, you proponents of the virus are now okay with conspiracy theories, now they're "allowed".

You Provids just want to side with this virus to spite the opposite party (the right)and/or the president. The last thing that you Provids want to do is agree with anything with the people whom share a different set of ideologies then you do. Don't care about facts, don't care about truth just simply want to grandstand and feel as if you have the moral high ground. That's all this has come down to: politics.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:12 AM

51,735 posts, read 26,035,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
But you can give someone a cold or the flu by breathing on them. Yet, for every year prior to 2020, you never wore a face mask. Why?

Also, masks don't stop your breath. If they did, you'd suffocate. Your breath will leave your mask and eventually I will inhale it, whether I'm wearing a mask or not. It does stop your spit, saliva, etc. And that's it. If the primary transmission of Covid19 is airborne transmission, then masks do nothing or close to nothing. If the primary way Covid19 is transmitted is fomites, then masks make sense. It just depends.
You have been misinformed.

Studies have shown lower transmission rates of contagious diseases with wearing masks. For years, it has been accepted medical practice o wear masks around contagious, and/or immunecompromised people to slow the rate of transmission.

Ask any person with any degree of medical sense at all if she/he would agree to treat a C19 patient without a mask.

Doctors are some of the most arrogant people on the planet. You think they would be wearing masks if it didn't make a difference.

Stop peddling nonsense.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:14 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,131,331 times
Quote:
You have been misinformed.

Studies have shown lower transmission rates of contagious diseases with wearing masks. For years, it has been accepted medical practice o wear masks around contagious, and/or immunecompromised people to slow the rate of transmission.

Ask any person with any degree of medical sense at all if she/he would agree to treat a C19 patient without a mask.

Doctors are some of the most arrogant people on the planet. You think they would be wearing masks if it didn't make a difference.

Stop peddling nonsense.
I just told you what masks stop and what they don't. If you don't understand what I wrote, then that's your problem.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:22 AM

7,412 posts, read 2,728,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Get a life! You need to look at the history of disease and the death rates from other diseases. Are you wringing your hands about the 1.5 million who die from TB around the world including the US every year? A disease that has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years and is contagious? Are you ringing your hands over the millions who were ill with swine flu? Do you care about the million+ that die from heart disease and cancer every year in the US? Etc etc etc. So, oh please, I’m so tired of this tunnel vision when it comes to this disease. Covid is not the only disease in the world, its not the only disease to die from, but we didnt put millions out of work, we didnt ignore the mental health of every age group that has been isolated, we didnt ignore the education of the kids in this country! If you are so scared, stay in your house and stop subjecting the rest of us to rules and regulations that limit our freedom and our well being!
The only response I have to offer, to your attempted insult, is to ask if you actually read any of the posts to which you respond or ever engage in thinking before you speak or type?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-07-2020 at 05:40 AM..

Old 10-07-2020, 05:28 AM

51,735 posts, read 26,035,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The only response I have to offer to your attempted insult, is to ask if you ever engage in thinking before you speak or type?
I often wonder the same thing.

Years ago, I worked in a locked, long-term psychiatric facility. Sometimes the comments on this forum bring back fun memories of those days, listening to long, and ridiculously delusional take on things.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,605,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Trump surviving this virus should be more encouraging if anything yet you guys want to engage in conspiracy theories. While all this time you called anyone who isn't on the same page as you "conspiracy theorist".
That's amusing, but expected from the virulent anti-maskers. The conspiracists are those who deeper meaning in wearing a frigging mask.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:54 AM

45,365 posts, read 26,640,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's amusing, but expected from the virulent anti-maskers. The conspiracists are those who deeper meaning in wearing a frigging mask.
Would you wear a mask if a D politician or govt bureaucrat didnt tell you to?

Old 10-07-2020, 05:54 AM

5,121 posts, read 1,699,957 times
Quote:

Stop peddling nonsense.

Yes, you need to stop doing this.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:59 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,660,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There you go. "Anti-Maskers", "Anti-vaxxers", just throwing words in anyone's mouth who isn't buying the b.s.. I'm not even truly "right wing" but I might as well be!

Listen, if you want to wear a mask, WEAR IT. I don't care. If you want to get a vaccine, GET IT. Again, I don't care. You have the right to wear whatever it is on your face that you'll feel protected from. And you also have the right to treat yourself the best way you believe.

However, I have the right NOT to wear a mask and have the right now to want to be vaccinated. I'm not against either one but I'm against the government trying to tell me how to take care of myself and for people like yourself who want to be "Safety Nazi's".

Not that explaining this means anything to you guys because you folk just simply don't care to understand any of this. It all just comes down to name calling, libel and smearing, false accusations with anyone who disagrees with you on COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies