Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2020, 01:26 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
So dramatic and like I've said time and time and time and time and time again, this is NOT the worse disease to ever cripple the world. Like so many of you (mostly/mainly leftist) take it as. And as I constantly point out, the survival rate is 98%-99% and you guys simply gloss right over that.

Without resulting to name calling or insults, I'll just call you guys "Provids". How many of you Provids know someone who has died or been terribly effected by this virus? And I mean someone who you know DIRECTLY. Someone who has a truly direct effect in your relationship. Not your friends mothers neighbors daughters ex-boyfriends sister-in-laws son. Of course, if someone who died in your family from the virus directly, then you get all that energy from me. Still, it doesn't change the fact that the data proves this virus isn't what you think it is.

Trump surviving this virus should be more encouraging if anything yet you guys want to engage in conspiracy theories. While all this time you called anyone who isn't on the same page as you "conspiracy theorist". I'm all for conspiracy theories, I always find them fun to talk about. However and again, you proponents of the virus are now okay with conspiracy theories, now they're "allowed".

You Provids just want to side with this virus to spite the opposite party (the right)and/or the president. The last thing that you Provids want to do is agree with anything with the people whom share a different set of ideologies then you do. Don't care about facts, don't care about truth just simply want to grandstand and feel as if you have the moral high ground. That's all this has come down to: politics.
And the most amazing part is that Mr T has got the entire world to follow along in making him "look bad".

He doesn't need any help in that dept.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:27 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
I'm sure there was a social experiment conducted in some university in America who did a class project on the psychological effects of wearing masks and what impact it had on society. Stanford University did one similar study where they took students and divided them up into two groups, those who were law enforcement and those who were criminals. They then had the law enforcement group take the criminal group into custody, put them in the slammer, and throughout the project kept them blindfolded while feeding them hotdogs. All a social experiment.

They know what psychological effects result from a public not having the ability to see facial expressions on everyone. They also know the psychological effects "thinking" the person near you has a "disease" that you could get.

They know the psychological effects and put it into motion right after the failed impeachment scam, leading up to the 2020 presidential election.

It has caused wide-spread large-scale panic, friction, and divide throughout society, not to mention the devastation to the economy, loss of livelihood to both business owners/operators and employees alike.

Last edited by FC76-81; 10-07-2020 at 01:40 PM..

Old 10-07-2020, 01:29 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Imagine person A and Person B standing face to face.

Person A begins to pee on person B. Person B is very wet.

Now, person B puts on pants.

Person A pees on him again. Person B has some protection but his leg still gets wet.

Now both have pants on. Person A pees but now it just soaks his pants and drips down his leg. Person B stays dry. With distance person B avoids any stray particles that come from person A.

That's how masks work...
No. Virus particles are much smaller than the pores in the masks. All that happens is if an infected person sneezes or coughs or spits when he talks, it doesn't travel as far. But it still gets through those masks. And it penetrates the other person's mask (we aren't talking about surgical masks here-we are talking about the cloth masks/neck gaiters that everyone wears).

Old 10-07-2020, 01:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Do you think he sleeps all day? He gets briefing all of the time, talk to world leaders etc. Yes even with all of his capability, it does happen that person can run late.
If the president can not follow the rules, including showing up in time to be tested as the debate committee required, then he should not be allowed in to the debate. He has shown that he has no regard for the health and well being of anyone not named Trump and has zero concern about spreading a communicable virus to anyone and everyone.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:30 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
THE LOCKDOWNS HAVE TURNED FEAR INTO A VIRTUE. Those who are afraid believe they're better people than those who aren't, and will subconsciously look for ways to multiply that fear, because it's their virtue.
Are the Dems and their "Fears" controlling the airlines and the world-wide tourist industry?

Man I guess they really ARE powerful. Fly---mask.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:30 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
“Most devastating”? Ever heard of the Spanish Flu? Or the H1 Flu?

Old 10-07-2020, 01:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
He is doing great according to his doctor. He got on symptoms of Covid at all.
Since when is MRS Trump a he?
Do you have some inside info?

Old 10-07-2020, 01:35 PM

13,660 posts, read 9,727,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
It's always the other guy until it isn't, and as long as it isn't you, why should be care about anyone else?
That's one way of reckoning. But another way, is that if it IS me, then fine, let it be me as well. I accept that possibility, not merely as "risk management", but as an adamantine reality of life.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:43 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
“Most devastating”? Ever heard of the Spanish Flu? Or the H1 Flu?
In our lifetimes. I don’t remember the entire world coming to a stop.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:51 PM

494 posts, read 180,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
There you go. "Anti-Maskers", "Anti-vaxxers", just throwing words in anyone's mouth who isn't buying the b.s.. I'm not even truly "right wing" but I might as well be!

Listen, if you want to wear a mask, WEAR IT. I don't care. If you want to get a vaccine, GET IT. Again, I don't care. You have the right to wear whatever it is on your face that you'll feel protected from. And you also have the right to treat yourself the best way you believe.

However, I have the right NOT to wear a mask and have the right now to want to be vaccinated. I'm not against either one but I'm against the government trying to tell me how to take care of myself and for people like yourself who want to be "Safety Nazi's".

Not that explaining this means anything to you guys because you folk just simply don't care to understand any of this. It all just comes down to name calling, libel and smearing, false accusations with anyone who disagrees with you on COVID.
One question for you: do you, your kids, spouse, all wear seatbelts? If so, then you are the same as someone wearing a mask because their state's government deemed it necessary in helping stop the spread of the virus.

All of this nonsense with people not going to wear a mask because the government can't tell me what to do is ridiculous. Every waking moment of every day you are doing what the government asks you to do. Get up and not murder someone - check, not do copious amounts of drugs - check, pay my taxes - check, not drink and drive - check and the list goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies