Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 05:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I'm sorry but these people knew better. They knew they were putting others at risk by not wearing masks.
It is to late for that, how about some sympathy here, not to mention we have been told, for 6 moths, the masks help us from spreading it, not from getting it, so what difference does her wearing or not wearing a mask make based on your comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 05:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
They are paying the price for the boss stupidity.
absolutely no excuse for statements like you just made. I am appalled at how some are reacting to this horrible situation. Can't we just pray for recovery for all and stop playing the blame game?

I always thought the Democrats were the loving and kind people, but that is not what we are seeing right now. We are seeing gloating, hatred, blaming everyone and I bet down deep many are happy to see this develop:

Last edited by nmnita; 10-03-2020 at 06:06 AM..

Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,170,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
My daughter had Kawasaki disease in 2015. It was toughest time of my life. She finally managed OK with two dose of IVIG and inflammation subsided and coronary arteries were OK. I did a lot of research (I am a scientist so I had access and was able to read a lot of research papers in those 2 weeks) and it looks like even patient who recovers completely may have issues later and there are cases where arteries developed issues when patients were as old as 21 years (usually this disease occurs when kids are 5-6 years old; my daughter was 5)! This is why my daughte has to go through scans every 3 years now and it is advised they are conducted until atleast she is 21. Now as far as I have read what happens to heart in covid-19 seems very very similar. This is why I have made sure my daughter does not go outside and stays home no matter what happens. We have been fine so far using masks/washing hands as well make sure you do not touch your mouth/face/eyes (easy enough to do once you practice) and go out as little as possible. So when I see BS like covid-19 is no big deal - it'll come and go I shake my head in disbelief!
I guess no one told you, science has no place in this group. This is exactly why we’ve taken precautions. Everyone is quick to say “most people recover” which is false. On the surface it looks like people recover but trust and believe covid does damage internally, and most people don’t know because they aren’t looking for it and physically they believe they are fine.

My friends son had Kawasaki disease at a young age , and it was brutal. He too had to get scans thru last year I believe. He will be 23 this month.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:12 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,095,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I hope she doesn't infect her husband and kids.
Her husband and kids probably infected her.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:16 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,315,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
She was another person in the first 3 rows center of the event. Tillis on the right near Lee and behind first Lady.

The is rapidly becoming a super spreader event.

Who else sat near them? Any photos?

Old 10-03-2020, 06:45 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,813,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
absolutely no excuse for statements like you just made. I am appalled at how some are reacting to this horrible situation. Can't we just pray for recovery for all and stop playing the blame game?

I always thought the Democrats were the loving and kind people, but that is not what we are seeing right now. We are seeing gloating, hatred, blaming everyone and I bet down deep many are happy to see this develop:
No, you didn't think that. Please.

trump and his cohorts have laughed about this virus. Mocked people for wearing masks. At the debate Tuesday, when trump may have already been infected he was STILL mocking Biden for wearing one.Over 200K dead on his watch and he treats it like a joke.

You reap what you sow. I feel badly for the nonpolitical people around the trumps, like secret service and staff, who may get sick or die due to his callousness.And some secret service agents are none too happy with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...43f_story.html

Old 10-03-2020, 06:45 AM

4,671 posts, read 3,871,362 times
I can't really feel sorry for the Republicans. I noticed after the debate all of Biden's team were wearing a mask, & not 1 person on Trumps team was wearing one. How dumb can you be? Plus all the time Trump spent downplaying the pandemic & pushing for the things to open. Now it's hitting his team at probably the worst possible campaign time. It's almost karma.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:47 AM

10,112 posts, read 6,458,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And colds usually kill as many people equivalent to the city of Akron, Ohio over 7 months.
But according to "some" posters here, most of those people were already old, sick, or dying anyway, so - oh well. It's actually mind-boggling to me. I wonder if those same posters will feel the same way if the POTUS, G-d forbid, should die of Covid?

Old 10-03-2020, 06:49 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,122,581 times
The title of this thread is wrong. Kellyanne Conway did not test positive for coronavirus. She tested alternative-negative for coronavirus.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:50 AM

68,347 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
No, you didn't think that. Please.

trump and his cohorts have laughed about this virus. Mocked people for wearing masks. At the debate Tuesday, when trump may have already been infected he was STILL mocking Biden for wearing one.Over 200K dead on his watch and he treats it like a joke.

You reap what you sow. I feel badly for the nonpolitical people around the trumps, like secret service and staff, who may get sick or die due to his callousness.And some secret service agents are none too happy with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...43f_story.html

When Trump was waving the Bible around in front of the church, perhaps he should have opened it and read a bit.

Proverbs, 16:18, Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies