Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 02:33 PM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I'm guessing a full-blown affair wil be revealed before he "gets to make his case"

Married women are stampeding towards the exits of Cal Cunningham's campaign.
They are? A lot of them held their noses and voted for Trump last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 02:35 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Democratic candidate North Carolina Cal Cunningham running against Tillis (who just tested positive for COVID) admits to sexting and sending intimate messages to a woman who is NOT his wife...

North Carolina Democratic Senate candidate Cal Cunningham admitted Friday to sending intimate text messages to a woman who is not his wife — but said he would not drop out of one of the key races that will determine which party controls the Senate next year.

"Would make my day to roll over and kiss you right now," Cunningham wrote in one of the messages. Dates were not included in the screenshots. The woman sent a separate text message asking when she could see him, writing, "I want to kiss you," and later, "I want a night with you," according to the screenshots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...arolina-425810
Members of BOTH parties seem to have a high incidence of infidelities.

It must go along with the job of being a politician.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:39 PM

515 posts, read 253,381 times
North Carolina is not the old Bible-thumping state that a lot of y'all seem to think it is. The voting power is in the cities now. And I can assure you the cities are not the same way. Biden and Cunningham will get their votes regardless as Tillis isn't very popular here. Cunningham is still in this race for sure, and it really depends on how quickly Tillis can get back from Corona that will decide it.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:30 PM

30,262 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateofmind View Post
North Carolina is not the old Bible-thumping state that a lot of y'all seem to think it is. The voting power is in the cities now. And I can assure you the cities are not the same way. Biden and Cunningham will get their votes regardless as Tillis isn't very popular here. Cunningham is still in this race for sure, and it really depends on how quickly Tillis can get back from Corona that will decide it.
I drive all over the place almost every day doing deliveries (thanks 'Rona!), and there are churches everywhere, not just in small towns. I live in one of the biggest cities in the state - churches, churches, churches. A lot of them appear to be Baptist, as well - they are very unforgiving, in my experience.

Just found a list and counted them in the city: 128 - not including any of the areas directly next to the city. They are everywhere. Grand total of churches: 8961 in the state. https://www.expertgps.com/data/nc/churches.asp

As of 2020, the population of the city was: 481,958. https://worldpopulationreview.com/us...-nc-population

That's a lot of churches for a population of that size just in the actual city boundaries. Not talking about any churches in the immediate outlying areas.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 10-03-2020 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 03:34 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,177,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
They are? A lot of them held their noses and voted for Trump last time.
Hmmm, your not in NC are you?

Old 10-03-2020, 03:37 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,177,132 times
Quote:
Cunningham has been ahead by 3-4% for awhile. As you have stated Tillis in not very popular. That said, something like this could be just enough to change the results.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Even if it's found he is having a full blown physical affair with this women and not just sexting her on weekends?

Old 10-03-2020, 04:17 PM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Hmmm, your not in NC are you?
Do I have to be?

Lot's of published commentary from NC women voters in 2016.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wo...-house-options

https://nccppr.org/why-trump-won/

Quote:
In the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Florida, Trump won a majority of the voters who were unfavorable toward both candidates — winning in most cases by a two-to-one margin. And, the Republican polling firm The Tarrance Group says this group “broke late for Trump.” This also led to a lower-than-expected percentage of women voting for Clinton.
Not to terribly hard to read exit polling even out here in Montana.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:30 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
NC is rapidly shedding the bible belt mentality.

This is mostly true and due to the stupid transplants from the North that have been coming here for decades changing our great state to blue, sadly.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:46 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Deflecton is futile. This thread is about Cal Cunningham's cheating ways... and the Senate slipping away from the Dems. Deflection is the same as surrendering...waiving the white flag. Wave away.

This seat is now "leans Republican"
Should thought about when deflection has been used to avoid Trumps transgressions for over three years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies