Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who do you think won this final debate?
Trump 308 67.99%
Biden 145 32.01%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Car makers and countries are switching over to electric. I live in a state and town where fracking is very important. My neighbors on both sides work in that industry. I get how important it is today. But in a couple decades we will not have anyone to sell oil and gas to. Countries like China that do not have oil reserves and Europe that have little are going to switch away from needing oil. That is an issue that needs to be dealt with not ignored. I am not sure that Biden or Trump have the correct balance on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
They made a big deal years ago when Bush Sr. looked at his watch during a debate.

Tonight sometime late in the debate Joe did the same. No word on it.

Any comment here from Biden supporters that thought Trump won this debate? I’d like your take on it.
Biden won overwhelmingly

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
I think this 500 children separation and there parents can't be found thing is a hoax. You're going to tell me that CBP didn't record the name of the parents and their child before separating them. And the parents or relatives never made contact to claim their children. These are probably just abandon children that came without parents.

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You said "there was no child separation under obama" in the post I responded to and now say, "In the rare cases it did happen..."

You lied, you got called out, don't dig yourself in deeper.

I stand corrected. I was typing quickly and what I meant to write was "there was no policy of child separation under obama" Of course there were a few separations, just like CPS will separate American kids from their parents if the parents are doing criminal acts or are unfit to take care of them.

But I see you did not deny my main point, which is Trump had a standing "zero tolerance" policy to separate all families.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:02 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
I like to watch the body language and facial expressions of the debaters. it can tell you something. so when Trump said something amazing, Biden's face turns into the deer in the headlights look as if he never heard such a thing. Then when Trump said something that was honest but negative to Joe, he started laughing, chuckling, looking down and shaking his head no in denial. You can see by his over the top reaction that what Trump said got thru Joe's facade. its a defense mechanism to hide shame and the truth from stabbing thru the lies. Meanwhile, Trump kept speaking with a modulated tone, in control, and looked presidential. he has no juvenile 8th grade goofy facial reactions.

I also saw Biden stuttered a few times, i thought he was going to lose his train of thought, but didn't too much. he mispronounced maybe 4 words like he usually does.

I also thought i saw Biden's blue tie at one point it had an almost diagonal fold in it as if there might have been a hidden microphone wire covered up by the tie, its how your tie would crease that way if you had a wire in there and it showed. I know people with good eyes might have spotted what i think might have been the microphone wire creasing his tie.

8,340 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Biden didn't say that. He said we are going to "transition away" from oil and gas. That's nothing new, and everyone ones that over the next few decades that's exactly what needs to be done.
No. It doesn’t need to be done. How many times did Joe lie tonight?

1,768 posts, read 716,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think this 500 children separation and there parents can't be found thing is a hoax. You're going to tell me that CBP didn't record the name of the parents and their child before separating them. And the parents or relatives never made contact to claim their children. These are probably just abandon children that came without parents.
It is not a hoax, in that I really believe their parents can't be found. Because they are either back in their home country, the kids are being trafficked, or their parents abandoned them. Probably a mix of all of the above.

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Exactly. Mostly props to gain entry. Trump stopped that scam.

2,450 posts, read 973,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Nope, there was no policy of child separation under Obama. In the rare cases it did happen they were reunited later. Under Trump, a "zero tolerance" policy was issued by Sessions that in effect required every family to be separated indefinitely. Obama's policy was to keep families together as much as possible, Trump's policy, while it lasted, was to break them all apart.
Yes, Obama would cage families together in the Obama cages. That was yet another failed policy. When it came out that many of these children were not with their actual parents they were separated from their captors. You know how the Trump administration figured out who was with a family member and who wasn't?

THEY TOOK DNA FROM EVERYONE AND COMPARED THE SAMPLES!

Thank God Trump ended the policy of caging children with their kidnappers. This is just one of the thousands of failed Obama administration policies. Yes, those kids are in limbo right now. However, they aren't with their kidnappers and they are being well taken care of with food, clothing, medication, and schooling. I guarantee you that one day years from now some of these former kids will be checked in on as adults and their Success stories of their lives will be told and they will all thank President Donald Trump and his policies for saving them from a life of God knows what.

2,634 posts, read 2,679,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Joe Biden kicked Impeached Trump's grumpy ass all over that debate stage.
Did you watch the debate?

Old 10-22-2020, 10:03 PM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiRIqKQieo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.