Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 12:37 AM

13,324 posts, read 7,362,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Umm..no. Sorry Spanky but you're wrong, but continue to toss out your feeble insults without backing up your nonsense.

In its January 2021 Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that annual U.S. crude oil production will average 11.1 million b/d in 2021, down 0.2 million b/d from 2020 as result of a decline in drilling activity related to low oil prices. A production decline in 2021 would mark the second consecutive year of production declines

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=46476

So right now oil production IS declining but expected to to increase in 2022by a small amount. I guess my echo chamber has better acoustics than yours.
Fracking rigs are offline to keep prices high they go into production and drive prices down which causes OPEC countries to produce more oil because they make payments to their citizens. Middle eastern countries have to pump and sell more barrels of oil to maintain the same payments. This is why we had several round trips into the to the low $40 per barrel. OPEC has attempted several times to try and put Fracking out of business it hasn't worked. The real truth is they can't stop pumping oil when prices are $30 a barrel they have to increase it. Fracking companies are able to operate down into the $30s now which hasn't helped OPEC. One thing to remember Fracking is really only been used in the US until just 4-6 years ago started to be used in other countries. When those others start to use fracking we could even see more oil pumped.

I don't expect $100 barrel I would be surprised if we see $70 a barrel if anything likely by fall we will see a significant drop in oil. The fact is America will continue to use less and less oil as electric cars, hybrids, and more fuel efficient cars are sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I don't know of any wind powered vehicles other than sailboats or those things they take out on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Chevy is rumored to be building a 700 HP electric Camaro for possibly 2023. I would consider something like that. It would be faster than lightning and totally quiet. Not how you imagine a muscle car, but that's a lot of ponies under the hood.

What bothers me the most is that we had energy independence up until the time Biden took over. Now we have shortages and sky-rocketing fuel prices. As with everything Biden has touched, it's all gone to hell. You can say he's not to blame, but the fish stinks from the head down and blame falls in his lap whether he (or the liberals) like it or not.

If Trump can be blamed for every little thing, than so can the current incompetent occupant of the White House.
Not about politics when electric cars exceed the abilities of combustion engines it will be the end of them it will happen. It's been proven Electric cars are more powerful then a combustion engine. Tesla has proven their cars can beat any combustion engine their new roadster will have a top speed of over 250+ MPH.

Eventually maybe not in our lifetimes we might be able to only drive a combustion engine historic vehicle on a closed track. I'm also predicting that cars will become self driving on the streets and we will no longer even drive a car on the streets. Just get in and there be no steering wheel accidents will go to zero as computers will not make human errors. Again if you want to drive have to go to a closed track. It's hard to imagine but I really think that is exactly where we are headed. There is also a possibility of Drone like vehicles that you can fly around the city in.

Last edited by kell490; 05-17-2021 at 12:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 01:01 PM

239 posts, read 700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Yes, I am willing to give up my fossil fuel vehicle that helps keep America dependent on Middle Eastern oil for an electric vehicle.
Well, under Trump we were energy independent and NOT dependent on the Middle East and now looked what happened.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:21 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacersFan View Post
Well, under Trump we were energy independent and NOT dependent on the Middle East and now looked what happened.
Being a net exporter of oil is not the same thing as "energy independent."

Old 05-17-2021, 01:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,872,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacersFan View Post
We have imported oil from the middle east during every year of Trump's presidency. Do you have any facts to base your opinion on?

Old 05-17-2021, 04:52 PM

8,896 posts, read 5,385,644 times
No, not at this time.

Will do it if/when I want to.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:39 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,612,350 times
Is Pinocchio Joe promising a free electric car to everyone? I'll take it!

I don't think my current gas guzzler would look good with a sail on the roof.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:37 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,223,230 times
Politicians DESPERATELY need "the next" economic driver to develop jobs to replace maturing industries and technology. This is why they are pushing the switch over to GREEN everything and promoting fearmongering in climate change. It's all a carefully crafted ploy to divert attention from the real problem: DEBT.

Follow the money.

Old 05-21-2021, 08:21 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Politicians DESPERATELY need "the next" economic driver to develop jobs to replace maturing industries and technology. This is why they are pushing the switch over to GREEN everything and promoting fearmongering in climate change. It's all a carefully crafted ploy to divert attention from the real problem: DEBT.

Follow the money.
Seems to me that debt or not, politicians would still DESPERATELY need "the next" economic driver to develop jobs to replace maturing industries and technology. That's one of the things they're supposed to be doing.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:08 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,497,858 times
Cars are too expensive for me now. I sold my last heap a year ago. My wind powered vehicle is my bike when I get a tailwind.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:57 AM

13,324 posts, read 7,362,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Cars are too expensive for me now. I sold my last heap a year ago. My wind powered vehicle is my bike when I get a tailwind.
Electric bikes are getting cheaper and can go 40-100 miles I could see cars being replaced with lot of these bikes. Brand new bikes are less then $2000-3000 for higher end stuff lower cost conversions can be done lot less.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies