Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 12:28 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times

Advertisements

If Biden wins, first I'll dance in the street, a solo if I must, with a partner or partners or in a longways set for as many as will if I can.

I do live on a very quiet street, so we won't be scaring the horses. Especially since horses haven't lived here for the last approx. 120 years.

Next, I'll blast away on my ancestral conch shell (once used to call workers in from the fields for dinner). I'll eat some ice cream, and anything else on hand that looks good and seems celebratory.

Then I'll sleep very well and enjoy sweet dreams if they come my way, knowing that better times are on the way and the adults will be running the show again shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 01:29 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
I do not care if he wins or loses.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:02 AM

866 posts, read 320,062 times
There won't be any celebration from me either way. It will be business as usual, trying to make the best out of whatever situation I face.

We all need to remember that our personal choices have a far greater effect on our lives than who is president.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:15 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Celebrating by getting my first good night's sleep in a long time, would be nice.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:29 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Buy as many guns and ammo as I can, lots of supplies for the coming collapse under the most corrupt and incompetent administration Biden/Harris. Finish my degree and apply for EVERY SINGLE JOB overseas I can. In mean time hope Trump takes it to the supreme court and if they cheat him out of the win then start the Trump News Network!
So you're saying that if Trump's own stacked supreme court recognizes that he did not win the election, they would be cheating him? Quite an imagination! Of course, if Trump's court does not follow the mandate he gave them by appointing three conservatives, he will feel cheated. He would be like a thief who felt he had an entitlement to steal and felt wronged if he was caught and convicted.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:32 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,408,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Learn Mexican as Biden will open the floodgates to the illegal alien invasion
FYI, “Mexican” isn’t a language.

Anyway ... it just so happens that my husband’s birthday is Nov. 4th, so hopefully we will be having a double celebration which will involve either a homemade cherry pie or cherry cobbler. Still deciding ...

Old 11-02-2020, 04:34 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Scream at the sky, burn and loot.... Oh wait, we've already seen that movie.....

Probably go water the lawn and smile knowing SCOTUS is locked up for my lifetime.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:41 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Celebrating by getting my first good night's sleep in a long time, would be nice.
Trump being President keeps you from sleeping?

Old 11-02-2020, 04:49 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I’m thinking a nice steak dinner and a movie night on Wednesday. It will be nice to turn on the TV soon and not have to listen to Trump’s lies anymore.
Whilst I am not a Trump supporter, I don't feel that a Biden win would be anything to celebrate and don't think any outcome will be a cause for celebration in terms of this election, much like the last one.

It's also very likely that 78 year old Biden will be replaced by Kamala Harris, which would also put the likes of Pelosi in a position of power.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:53 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
If the Democratic Party hands Trump and his Republican Party a defeat, what will I do to celebrate?

Be grateful and make a few vows:

* to never take our nation's Constitution for granted
* to always stay alert and support wise leaders who exercise just and rightful authority
* to talk to my grandchildren about democracy, justice and freedom and equality and courage and our nation's founding principles
* to do my daily part to defeat hatred and bigotry
* to promote decency, honesty and pride in our institutions of government and its 3 co-equal branches
* to work for peace and unity in these United States of America

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-02-2020 at 05:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies