Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 06:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Why would or should I celebrate?

This folks is a problem. We treat politics like a sporting event with the same consequences.

There is not a thing to celebrate if Biden wins. If he wins we get a hair sniffing pervert who is also a village idiot. His own VP claims to believe Biden's accusers. His son is a coke head and a money launderer and Joe Biden may be involved. He was certainly involved with getting his son a commission in the USN even though he had an arrest record. He was certainly involved in getting his son a job in a Ukranian company paying him 6 figures to do a job he literally had 0 experience doing, after he was kicked out of the Navy for a hot pee test.

What is to celebrate here?

Ok Trump is gone. Hurray for that I guess, but in exchange we get another pervert who is at least semi-corrupt and who thinks acting like the village idiot is a good approach to leadership.

No nothing to celebrate. We get screwed either way.

Would the OP celebrate if they were anally raped instead of orally raped? Because that is exactly what we are facing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 08:06 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I’m thinking a nice steak dinner and a movie night on Wednesday. It will be nice to turn on the TV soon and not have to listen to Trump’s lies anymore.
Buy as many guns and ammo as I can, lots of supplies for the coming collapse under the most corrupt and incompetent administration Biden/Harris. Finish my degree and apply for EVERY SINGLE JOB overseas I can. In mean time hope Trump takes it to the supreme court and if they cheat him out of the win then start the Trump News Network!

Old 11-01-2020, 08:29 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Pray that you won't have illegals establishing sanctuary in your backyard.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:33 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Just remember, Trump is going to tweet out that he won on election night, even if he lost. He'll send his followers into a fervor, and cause as much chaos as possible until January.
For Trump and his followers, the only valid election is one that he wins. If he wins, it was fair and square. If he loses, expect his minions (and FOX and other looney right-wing sites that will feed directly into Trumpers' Facebook pages) to start screaming from the rooftops that the election was "stolen," that there were fake ballots cast, blah, blah. There is no other possibility for these folks. They don't care much for democracy.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:36 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I’m thinking a nice steak dinner and a movie night on Wednesday. It will be nice to turn on the TV soon and not have to listen to Trump’s lies anymore.
I was planning on driving 10 miles to a low-income neighborhood and burning down some stuff and then looting myself Christmas presents for my family. But hey, it's just an *idea*.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
For Trump and his followers, the only valid election is one that he wins. If he wins, it was fair and square. If he loses, expect his minions (and FOX and other looney right-wing sites that will feed directly into Trumpers' Facebook pages) to start screaming from the rooftops that the election was "stolen," that there were fake ballots cast, blah, blah. There is no other possibility for these folks. They don't care much for democracy.
You just described Hillary and her followers perfectly, only it was CNN, MSNBC, and others. The Russians the Russians. Etc.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:41 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
OMG, this ^^^^ is one hilarious post.

You don't remember the 2000 and 2004 elections as you are likely too young but that's what the Democrats were saying then.

Also, just in 2016...we had to put up with morons screeching about how the popular vote should decide the winner.

Yet here you are, claiming the moral high-ground because you're either too young to know history or too partisan to care...or both.

Basically you sound exactly like oh...Rush Limbaugh about 20 years ago. Seriously, this is absolutely like an intervention. You can learn how much both parties are alike or you can just grab yourself a big bottle of easy-thinkin' and it will all fade away.

P.S. I really dislike Trump. His constant lying and BS is way too much and he has to go. I voted (D) for president, Senate and Congress this year.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You just described Hillary and her followers perfectly, only it was CNN, MSNBC, and others. The Russians the Russians. Etc.
Hilary? After four years you still can't get her out of your head.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:44 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I'll make the big dinner that I was going to make in 2016 but back then I didn't care. I was just so sick of hearing about the election. If Biden wins and Trump respects the US Constitution and steps aside, like a decent person...oh yeh, nothing decent and patriotic about him...but if he does leave, I'll cook that big roast beef dinner.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:57 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,292 times
It's sad to see how people have become so disenfranchised they are going to "celebrate" A Trump loss rather than a Biden win.

I'll tell you what I am going to do if Trump wins. I will go to bed and get up to go to work.
If Biden wins, ill go to bed and get up to go to work. Just like I have every other election since I have become a working adult.
It's time for people to grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies