Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 01:19 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,478,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Quote:
I only hope the Dems get to pay.
You people are always blaming Democrats for everything that seems to go wrong whether under Republican control or Democratic control, it is always the Democrat's fault.

You have an excuse for everything. Pretty immature.
What? It was 100% them that insisted on the mail in ballots. 100%. This was the completely predictable result.
See post #27 above for a response to this.

Quote:
... Republican legislatures denied the election authorities the ability to count mail-in ballots before election day. Everyone knew that it would take longer if they didn't act on it. They knew they could avoid those delays if they allowed ballot counting early, but the Republicans opposed that solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 01:19 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,712,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The other states aren't done counting. It's just that the races in the other states weren't so close. They were able to call the race earlier, because the remaining votes wouldn't change the outcome of the race.

No scam. It's just the way elections work.
So, in your mind, it takes LONGER to count fewer ballots in a CLOSE STATE, than more ballots in a state that was not close?

Elections DO NOT WORK THAT WAY, unless of course, there is fraud, manipulation, or gross incompetence.

Give me a break!

Old 11-05-2020, 01:25 PM

1,231 posts, read 449,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Even without the stunning behavior of the democratic states literally behaving in a way that NO other election ever did, stopping in the middle of the count for 2 days of much slower counting -- when Florida was done Tuesday night, I called this early on.

By introducing such a non controlled factor and trying to rely on it.. you introduced room for doubt into the process.

There is no way that should have been allowed. But the courts really couldn't do anything until there was some "damage" and so they let it go forward. After all they can't guess what is going to happen. What if Trump got 80% of the vote, there would have been nothing to argue about.

But now, they have damage. They have a "case or controversy" And now, the election is HOPELESSLY messed up. Did they think Trump would just roll over and hand it to Biden if it was close? Have they met him?

Even if Biden legit got all the votes he said he did, this was the completely foreseeable result of introducing the mail in ballots.

And who pays? The people.

I only hope the Dems get to pay.
This is clueless. Don't you think the republicans are just as capable of "voter fraud" ?If there really was any of that going on??? Give me a break. You think democrats are just way more crafty? Come on now and think a little. Don't just let your emotions get the best of you.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,787,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So, in your mind, it takes LONGER to count fewer ballots in a CLOSE STATE, than more ballots in a state that was not close?

Elections DO NOT WORK THAT WAY, unless of course, there is fraud, manipulation, or gross incompetence.

Give me a break!
Sure an election can work that way. Depends on the individual state’s laws. Some allow counting of individual mail-in ballots before Election Day, some prohibit any kind of processing, including counting, before the polls close on Election Day.

However things work in YOUR state, there are undoubtedly at least a dozen others that work quite differently in this regard. I’m surprised I have to point this out to a person who I assume is adamant about states’ rights.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:30 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,669,678 times
Snowflakes...

Old 11-05-2020, 01:31 PM

8,358 posts, read 2,981,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Snowflakes...
That defines liberals.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Give me a break!
Yes they do.. just because a state is called for a candidate doesn’t mean they counted all the ballots. You don’t need to count all the Ballots in California to call it for Biden

Old 11-05-2020, 01:32 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,478,297 times
Quote:

Give me a break!
Don't be disingenuous.

If the count is close, say within less than 100,000 votes and more than 100,000 ballots have to be counted then they will not call it until those ballots are counted. No one would be that stupid.

If it is not close, say 100,000 difference and they still have 10,000 uncounted the race can be called, and you know why. All 10,000 added to the one behind would not change the outcome, all 10,000 added to the one ahead would not change the outcome.

So it is pretty safe to assume the state can be claimed.

Last night I think we were hearing of numbers like several hundred thousand yet to be counted in some states. It takes a while, and it should ... we owe it to those people to be accurate.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
That defines liberals.
Nice try but all the crying and complaining is being done by Republicans right now.

Old 11-05-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Don't be disingenuous.

If the count is close, say within less than 100,000 votes and more than 100,000 ballots have to be counted then they will not call it until those ballots are counted. No one would be that stupid.

If it is not close, say 100,000 difference and they still have 10,000 uncounted the race can be called, and you know why. All 10,000 added to the one behind would not change the outcome, all 10,000 added to the one ahead would not change the outcome.

So it is pretty safe to assume the state can be claimed.

Last night I think we were hearing of numbers like several hundred thousand yet to be counted in some states. It takes a while, and it should ... we owe it to those people to be accurate.
They know how this works. They just don’t like the outcome so they scream fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies