Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 12:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,671,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why?

What is different?

Are you treating people differently?
Are people treating you differently?

No? Then nothing has changed.
That's total BS. Millions of us share that feeling that a great weight has been lifted from the us and the country. That is very meaningful for our lives and the continued existence at this experiment in democracy.

It's a great day for America! a hugely significant day. We rejoice for the country, which is after all the people. Welcome Back America!!!

Old 11-07-2020, 12:23 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,230,650 times
A weight has not been lifted - you have just voted for an administration that is going to shackle you - but you are too caught up in yourselves to see it.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:23 PM

850 posts, read 798,700 times
Next up 2 senate seats up for grabs in Georgia for the Democrats to take control.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:27 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,933,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What business are you in that prospered while thousands were hospitalized and dying of Covid?
A business that allows people to support and feed their families. We are fine, as well as our employees, who were happy to work. Unlike government jobs, we don’t have a endless amount of government funds of taxpayers money to pay them if we closedown, fortunately we are considered essential, unfortunately the lockdown hurt a lot of smaller businesses and some may not even recover.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:28 PM

838 posts, read 557,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Well, despite Trumps personality, how has it effected your life? I can tell you how Obama and Biden effected our life and business, I can tell you a lot of small companies had to close up, not because of a pandemic, but Obama and Biden’s policies, I can tell you that many times we thought we were going to have to lay off employees and couldn’t afford to give raises, we couldn’t afford to hire anybody because we couldn’t afford Obama’s healthcare plan that you have to pay if you have a certain amount of employees working for you, because small companies aren’t like huge corporations that can afford it.

Under Trump it got so much better, business increased, even during the shutdown and were able to hire again and give out raises.

So tell me how Trump effected you, besides you think he is so mean?
I'm sorry that happened to you under Obama/Biden administration. I really am. And I am happy for you, your family and your employees that you prospered under Trump.

I am not a business owner and my corporate job was not impacted. I voted for Trump 4 years ago. I was optimistic to not having a life long politician in the WH. But after a while, it got scary. Taking no accountability, the lies, the gaslighting. Even if 25% of what he was accused of was true, that was enough. IMO, he was on a dangerous path and more times than not I was on edge as to what he was going to do or say next.

But here's where we are at an impasse. Because my life is different than yours, I cannot ever truly understand how much Trump positively affected you. And if you had never worried about Trump breaking down relationships with our allies (among other things), you cannot ever understand me.

To be honest, I didn't know until this morning just how on edge I had been for 4 years.

I wish you the best.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:29 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,567,271 times
Suggestion read this post one year from now

Old 11-07-2020, 12:30 PM

5,264 posts, read 3,629,833 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBlaMOmKV4

Old 11-07-2020, 12:34 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,533,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
Calling a woman trampy. LOL, ok. I see you. Your mommy must be so proud. If she were a man she would be.....???
If she were a man, she wouldn’t have been selected VP. She was selected because Democrats see everything through the prism of race and gender, and they favor blacks and females.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:38 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,312,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Next up 2 senate seats up for grabs in Georgia for the Democrats to take control.
Good luck with that. Even with record Democrat turnout both races got more Republican votes. Perdue won by nearly 2% of the vote, and fell short by only .2% of taking it outright instead of avoiding the runoff.

Ossoff will need to get every Libertarian vote, and I suspect many of those were people who didn't like either candidate so they won't bother even to vote in January.

As to the other race, Warnock got the most votes, but fell short of Loeffler + Collins (who has now pledged to support her). The top 2 Republican candidates got nearly 46% of the vote out of 20 candidates. Will all of the rest of the 20 all back Warnock? Will their supporters? Or will a lot of people say they do but not bother voting?

Who will turn out January 5th or seriously bother to vote early over the holiday season? Will Democrats wait in line for hours once again or will rural voters turn out as they did this week?

I foresee 2 Republican senators returning to Washington DC in January to be seated as part of the majority. Stacey Abrams, Obama, Oprah and whomever else can turn up but it won't make a difference.

But as a resident of Georgia I welcome all of the Democrat dollars being spent in my state until then.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:40 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,933,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
I'm sorry that happened to you under Obama/Biden administration. I really am. And I am happy for you, your family and your employees that you prospered under Trump.

I am not a business owner and my corporate job was not impacted. I voted for Trump 4 years ago. I was optimistic to not having a life long politician in the WH. But after a while, it got scary. Taking no accountability, the lies, the gaslighting. Even if 25% of what he was accused of was true, that was enough. IMO, he was a dangerous path and more times than not I was on edge as to what he was going to do or say next.

But here's where we are at an impasse. Because my life is different than yours, I cannot ever truly understand how much Trump positively affected you. And if you had never worried about Trump breaking down relationships with our allies, you cannot ever understand me.

To be honest, I didn't know until this morning just how on edge I had been for 4 years.

I wish you the best.
Thank you, I do understand listening to the news anymore is disheartening and can be pretty scary, I do wish it was less commentary and just tell news from a unbiased standpoint. I do know some who were in the military and they didn’t care for Obama or Biden and there hasn’t been any wars under Trump. My husband actually met Trump in person before he was President and said he was a nice guy and didn’t act condescending or full of himself and was jovial.

Also thank you for being able to express your opinion respectful and thoughtful. We all have our opinions and that is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.