Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 12:37 PM

838 posts, read 555,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I guess not everyone cares what the world thinks of our country, and our citizens. I do.
I do, too.

Although I am hopeful that most will not see this situation as an American citizen s**tshow but rather a one-man sitcom with Trump being the director, producer and lead actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 12:37 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Actually Gore did not want an accurate count. He just wanted to recount blue counties.
Fl. was a disaster during Gore and they did find many irregularities. I know of 2 white vans full of ballots in the everglades

Old 11-10-2020, 12:38 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
What Biden did, is bizarre, to declare victory without his opponent conceding.
What’s crazy is believing the only way this clown could lose
is by fraud.

Where was this energy when he won? Why didn’t they claim fraud then?

Oh.. that’s right, cause they won.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:40 PM

3,650 posts, read 3,787,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I afraid that 30%+ of this country is completely alright with Trump’s attempted Fascist coup.
I fear an electorate with little ability to discern fact from media pablum. Consider the Russia hoax.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ercent-1327839

I fear continued systemic racism from the Democrats and the "lock a brother up" team of biden/harris.

I feast the economic destruction of democrat policies should these two get in.

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I afraid that 30%+ of this country is completely alright with Trump’s attempted Fascist coup.
In what alternate universe is this even happening besides in your fevered imagination?

If anything, it was predicted that the dems would try to steal the election. It was the dems who are attempting a coup. After all, they saw just how little enthusiasm there was for Biden so they panicked.

BTW, all of you crowing over Kamala --- how many of you actually voted for her in the primaries? If you didn't vote for her, then why now, all of a sudden, are you big fans of her?

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
What Biden did, is bizarre, to declare victory without his opponent conceding.
I agree, this year has been bizarre.

I don't think I've ever seen a president who did not win refuse to concede - so you're right, usually the loser errs on the side of graciousness and concedes.

And then following that, the winner declares victory.

Do you expect Biden to never have an acceptance speech - because it's likely Trump will never concede?

Strange times call for strange measures.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:42 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,219,684 times
Quote:
They've pointed out many, many examples of illegality. Now how many votes that represents?
Like what? I have yet to say specifically "we think x, y, and z are illegal". Not even trying to be funny, I honestly don't know what they think is illegal.

We know they disagree with PA's law, but they are authorized by the US Constitution to set the rules and SCOTUS won't set precedence on this matter.

And your second point is correct. Even according to Attorney General William Barr - the illegal acts must be enough to swing the election.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:49 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
I am not afraid of anything to do with the election. I am concerned about some things.

1. It is clear the integrity of the election process was compromised at least to some extent. The shift to mail in balloting makes the system even more ripe for fraud especially with no real meaningful way to verify voter identity.

2. Perhaps more important that whatever amount of actual fraud or error there was is the loss of confidence in our system. Every election cycle it gets worse. The loss of confidence is increased when the powers that be just poo poo the problems ar claim they do not or did not happen.

3. The results of the election is concerning because we may be facing a one party government with a vengeful president at the helm (Harris, not Biden, Biden is only temporary). If they win the Senate and stack the courts, there will be no checks and balances whatsoever. The system our country was structured to prevent will have arrived.

4. I am concerned that they will tax away my lifelong 401K savings before I get to use any of it. I raised this on CD years ago and people poo pooed it saying it could never happen. Yet there it is right in the Democratic platform which may have unchecked power to do what they wish.

5. I am concerned that stacking the courts now will result in more contrary stacking after the next election. Evnetually, the courts will jsut be a rubber stamp of whatever the administration wants to do. It iwll also become meangless when we get to 20 or 50 supreme court justices.

6. It bothers me that career politicians continue to rape the system getting rich while doing next to nothing and excepting themselves form the laws, systems, and rules that apply to the rest of us.

7. I am concerned that the horrible divisiveness and insane obsession with political matters that is currently inflicting our country will get worse. Far worse. especially when Mrs. Harris starts her "pay back" campaign. "Those trump supporters are going to pay." Already the media driven hate is splitting friends and families apart. One of my daughters recently posted on Facebook a meme that basically said that anyone who will not immediately post an unqualified condemnation of trump and everything and everyone to do with him is worthless and I want nothing to do with them. I do not think she was thinking about what it was actually saying, but it was posted. Other friends are scouring all of their Facebook friends friend lists. if they find one person on a friend list who appears to be conservative or supportive or even non condemning of trump, they defriend that friend and have no further communication with them ever. I have lots of friends on both sides of the issues, some are extremists on both sides - now I apparently have a few fewer because some friends are unable to accept that I have other friends who disagree with their politics. the long term outcome of this division and hate can only be a division of the country or a civil war. Both sides seem intent on trying to force any different thoughts out of the other sides mind, or at least out of their writing and speaking. That is not going to happen. Eventually it will blow up. Maybe it can be postponed until I am dead.

9. I am concerned with the apparent failing of faith worldwide and a lack of purpose for human existence which I believe is tied to the rising suicide rates. I am also concerned with the current trend of raising young men to believe they are inherently evil. their thoughts and the way they act is bad, and they are not really necessary in our society. All we really need as a society are women and men contribute nothing but problems and sperm. I think this is also the main cause of the rising ennui, lack of ambition, and suicides among young men. I expect both to be exacerbated by the next regime.

10. I am concerned about the coming economic collapse. I am aware that presidents and even the entire government do not control the economy, but policies can make things a bit worse or speed up the coming fall. I am getting old and I want to rest. I really cannot start over again.

The election concerns me a lot less than the trends in our society. As I said the new regime will likely exacerbate the concerns a little bit, but they did not create them and they will not prevent them. I think people over emphasize the power that government and in particular the president actually have. Short of wars, presidents really to not do very much that is significant. Did anything actually change under the Trump regime? Not really. Things got more attention, but very little actually changed. So I ma not afraid of the coming government, nor even of the growing concerning trends. iut does bother me a bit, but i am not going to lose sleep over it, nor am i in a position to change it.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:50 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,240,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
For the record, I do NOT think there is a 7 state conspiracy to throw the election to Harris/Biden. I do have to question why so many people are against and freaking out over simply having a full and open investigation into the anomalies noted already and the small amount of voter fraud instances that are now coming to light. While none of this will even come close to giving Trump the presidency, I think we should all agree that doing a 6 week in depth analysis of the voting and counting process would be good, as it can verify for all if the election process is secure and convince doubters that Harris/Biden are indeed President Elect. Why not support this, so everything can be put to bed? Gore did not just say okay, whatever. He went through a multi-week process to ensure the accuracy. They way that some are working so hard to stop any sunlight from being cast on this situation just feeds into the tin foil hat conspiracy theories.
The colonoscopy I am due for next year.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:54 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
In what alternate universe is this even happening besides in your fevered imagination?

If anything, it was predicted that the dems would try to steal the election. It was the dems who are attempting a coup. After all, they saw just how little enthusiasm there was for Biden so they panicked.

BTW, all of you crowing over Kamala --- how many of you actually voted for her in the primaries? If you didn't vote for her, then why now, all of a sudden, are you big fans of her?
It’s awfully strange that those who predicted this fraud are the ones who benefit from the claims and have yet to provide any reasonable evidence. Let me know when a court rules in your favor. My guess? Your side still won’t care and will continue with this attempted coup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies