Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 08:08 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Are you aware the evidence gets presented in court, not to people on social media?
You deserve that smack in the head because I didn't say she should post it on social media.

However, she did not provide it in her pleading in court - which I have read, instead saying she would provide it to the court upon request.

Which is highly suggestive of her wanting to publicize the allegation knowing that if she provided the substance of the message, it would immediately be seen a gross over characterization and be thrown out with a quick motion to dismiss.

We can both follow the court proceedings from here but I would suggest that the plaintiff's goal of making this public allegation has been served, and people on the right will cite it even after it gets dismissed by the court, but of course Trumpers won't mention that part if/when it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 09:43 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,405,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Want to make a wager?

I'm betting there's nothing whatsoever life threatening in the voice mail. Additionally, there was a baby babbling in the background so it's likely there's not even a cuss.

Do you want to take the position that the attorney making the voice mail threatened her life?

Deal's on.

Meet you back here when we get to hear the voicemail.
I don't think the attorney leaving the voice mail threatened her life. Her motion would have looked much different if that had happened. And K&E would have fired the associate who made the call.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,964,724 times
Quote:
I voted straight Republican for the first time in my life, to stop a Blue Wave. I am a former Democrat. As long as we have split government, I'm good. I certainly would pick Trump over Harris/Biden, because policies over-ride Trumps horrific personality. I have stated all along, Trump will not win the election. I called every single state correctly, except one. I have stated Trump will not win in his legal attempt. I have stated Trump's team needs to put up or shut up. I have stated those believing Trump will win are tin foil hat wearers at this point. How much more do you want me to say about Trump? He has a horrid mouth. He is not a uniter. He is not presidential. However, I like just about all the policies. I don't vote on feelings. I don't care if the guy is nice or a jerk. I care about policies. Jimmy Carter is the single nicest person on the entire planet. I'd have a drink with him any day. He was an awful President. Trump is a total freaking turd. A jerk. A liar. But his policies are ones I like.

I'm sorry you can't seem to think in more big picture way. I'm sorry it's all about party for you. I think bigger picture than that.
It is about party for me. Republicans by and large have and continue to give Trump carte blanche. They threw out the impeachment saying it was a hoax and even if he did talk to Ukraine, it was fine. Remember the talk went from no collusion to so what if there was collusion... They continue to not give a damn while we get infected with Covid. And more importantly now, Trump has been evocative with his voter fraud BS by a number of Republicans and only a few are telling him he should concede. Sen. Graham encouraged the GA Sec. Of State to legally throw out votes. Trump had revealed Republicans as spineless corrupt jerks who put party ahead of country. I will only vote a few local Republicans down ticket again.

As for your comments on Trump, you seem to do the same thing as you said in doing so and given Trump carte blanche as well. You really think you have moral high ground on me now? I didn't fully buy Biden until he did his DNC speech and his first debate performance where he talked to America. I just for the life of me don't understand why Americans voted for the most corrupt POS POTUS ever and voted his enablers in Congress.

Last edited by mkpunk; 11-17-2020 at 06:35 AM..

Old 11-17-2020, 11:40 AM

1,253 posts, read 504,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is about party for me. Republicans by and large have and continue to give Trump carte blanche. They threw out the impeachment saying it was a hoax and even if he did talk to Ukraine, it was fine. Remember the talk went from no collusion to so what if there was collusion... They continue to not give a damn while we get infected with Covid. And more importantly now, Trump has been evocative with his voter fraud BS by a number of Republicans and only a few are telling him he should concede. Sen. Graham encouraged the GA Sec. Of State to legally throw out votes. Trump had revealed Republicans as spineless corrupt jerks who put party ahead of country. I will only vote a few local Republicans down ticket again.

As for your comments on Trump, you seem to do the same thing as you said in doing so and given Trump carte blanche as well. You really think you have moral high ground on me now? I didn't fully buy Biden until he did his DNC speech and his first debate performance where he talked to America. I just for the life of me don't understand why Americans voted for the most corrupt POS POTUS ever and voted his enablers in Congress.
Well at least you admit your thinking is dictated based on what political parry a person belongs to.

As someone who does not belong to any political party, I have no issue seeing that both Biden & Trump have serious personality issues. Both have major sexual misconduct issues. Both are less than honest. Both have been involved in shady dealings. Both lie like a rug. For me it just comes down to limiting what government is capable of doing and having what they can do be as in line with my preferences as possible. That's it in a nutshell. I don't look at it beyond that. I prefer gridlock and I am thrilled there was a Red Wave instead of a Blue Wave down ballot, as now Harris/Biden have been neutered. Their plans are dead in the water. No chance to pass much of anything.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:27 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,952,507 times
Quote:
What has Trump done? He is (in a losing cause) exercising every legal option prior to the votes being certified and the delegates voting in December to elect Harris/Biden. Harris/Biden had planned on doing the same thing if they lost, as is evidenced by the fact they sent teams of lawyers ahead of time to the swing states.
I read they hired 1600 lawyers in the summer and were hiring more in October.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:50 PM

6,812 posts, read 6,967,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
When I see the title is "Trump Lawyer Whines to Court about Getting a Mean Voicemail from Kirkland & Ellis" I doubt very much this is the real story. And people have issues with Gateway Pundit. Give me a break.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:55 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,273,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I read they hired 1600 lawyers in the summer and were hiring more in October.
Most have quit. She is Also trying to quit also but the judge won’t let her off the case as of today. I am sure she is not pleased. Did you follow today’s hearing? Kerns is stuck.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hmm. "Discourteous".

I wonder if the voicemail to Kerns is MORE discourteous than calling a republican political rival's wife ugly and his father a murderer, or if it's LESS discourteous than that.

Let's use that as our standard of what constitutes "courteous and appropriate" and see where this goes.
Obviously "discourteous" was the law firm's attempt to downplay whatever was said. However, they did state this:

Kerns, who did not immediately respond to messages from POLITICO seeking more details, said some of the communications may have violated state or federal law.

However, she told U.S. District Court Judge Matthew Brann that the message from the Kirkland lawyer was troubling as a breach of professional norms.

Kerns said the voicemail message violated court and state bar rules, but added: “If there needs to be a rule saying that Kirkland & Ellis associates should not call opposing counsel and leave an abusive voicemail then all hope is lost.”

Old 11-17-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Most have quit. She is Also trying to quit also but the judge won’t let her off the case as of today. I am sure she is not pleased. Did you follow today’s hearing? Kerns is stuck.
Wonder why they are quitting? This may be a clue:

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/11/1...-and-civility/

Old 11-17-2020, 04:04 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,273,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Wonder why they are quitting? This may be a clue:

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/11/1...-and-civility/
I have no idea why and she didn’t give the judge a reason. She’s family law. Divorce, etc. I hope she is charging 10xs her normal rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies