Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 08:08 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Here's mine:

Trump is deliberately sabotaging the U.S. by refusing to concede and riling up his base as well as letting the pandemic get worse to incite division.

Since he cannot get 4 more years, he's gonna do what he can to destroy the house before he's evicted.

To add another layer of tin:
Russia likes this.

But to be realistic:

He's really just a huge prick and sore loser.
Absurd- Trump is a populist and far more supportive of the nation than China Joe, who has sold out to whoever will give him the most money.

When the legal battles are over, Trump will have another four years and Biden will be disqualified for fraud. It is just a matter of time.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:20 AM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times
The country is at the mercy of a man who is mentally ill. His handlers do their best to contain his worst impulses, but the crazy still leaks out. There's probably a part of him that is sane and rational, which we see from time to time when he is calm. But it's not strong enough to overcome the narcissistic impulses.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:21 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
I agree mostly with your post except bolded. I am sure he is the creator of all of those stories and no one else.
The stories are real. The Democrats have done their best to undermine faith in the security of the vote. Of course, maybe they are just like Sadaam Hussein, who wanted people to believe he had WMD. Dems wanted people to believe they could guarantee a win, but maybe could only produce a few thousands fake votes.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:23 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The country is at the mercy of a man who is mentally ill. His handlers do their best to contain his worst impulses, but the crazy still leaks out. There's probably a part of him that is sane and rational, which we see from time to time when he is calm. But it's not strong enough to overcome the narcissistic impulses.
I don't think of Joe Biden as narcissistic. He just has a vastly overstated estimate of his own abilities.

As Obama said, "Never underestimate Biden's ability to screw things up."

Old 11-17-2020, 08:39 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think there are enough irregularities, and errors regardless of which side they benefit, that should be recounted (if within a certain percentage) and or investigated. We should all want this to be done.

That being said, I think Trump and the Democrats need to shut it, until all these things have been done. In the meantime, Trump and team should be working with Bidens transition team.

As far as the pandemic. Nothing is going to change what is going on with the virus. Trump, Biden and team, Wonder Woman, Baby Yoda...etc....it's a virus that has no cure. No leadership is going to be able to do anything. The responsibility is on us, we follow the protocols and live our lives. Period.
Actually, Scarab Chuck, every irregularity and error is being looked into. So far, nada. Got anything else?

What I find interesting is that this is the first time in 20 years that Georgia has used paper ballots and guess what? Perhaps the entire nation should be using paper ballots.

As to the Covid pandemic, the first thing that could be done by the feds is to ramp up production and distribution of N-95 masks. We have several family members who are medical providers. They are still reusing N-95 masks. Several are reusing N-95 masks they got in June/July. A friend is a manager in the state prison nursing system. She is buying masks and PPE herself and distributing them to medical personnel herself.

The second thing is to ramp up testing. Make it free. easily available, with far faster results. It's a hodge podge now. I had to sign up several days ahead of time, and it still took 6 days to get the results. Now what good is that information?

Third thing is to set up distribution of vaccinations that is an improvement over the distribution of PPE and testing.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:43 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,815 times
It's all in a book called "The Foundations of Geopolitics" by Aleksandr Dugin. Came out in 1997 and is a book about how disrupting other nations could lead to Russia becoming a great power again.

It said that the UK should be "cut off" from Europe. Done.
It said France and Germany should form a strong alliance. Done.
It said Ukraine should be annexed by Russia. Partially done.
It said the USA should be infiltrated by Russian special services to fuel instability and separatism based around racism and also to further the cause of American isolationism. Seems to be going well.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:52 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
I don't know what Trump expects to accomplish at this point, it's almost like he is till running for election. Maybe its to save face so in the end he can deny he lost the election, how much longer is he going to do this.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:55 AM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't know what Trump expects to accomplish at this point, it's almost like he is till running for election. Maybe its to save face so in the end he can deny he lost the election, how much longer is he going to do this.
Tilting at windmills. The question is, who is his squire Sancho?

Old 11-17-2020, 08:55 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Absurd- Trump is a populist and far more supportive of the nation than China Joe, who has sold out to whoever will give him the most money.

When the legal battles are over, Trump will have another four years and Biden will be disqualified for fraud. It is just a matter of time.
Sure the billionaire populist president that doesn't like people and puts himself ahead of the country.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:58 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
In short, as an admitted sore loser, he just wants to play the exact same game the left has been plyaing on him for his entire term, and that is a witch hunt. I fell it's really that simple, proving that both sides of government are childish poor sports who will never work in unison to help the citizens of the country it runs, but instead will play in0fighting while we are spectators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies