Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 09:16 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The stories are real. The Democrats have done their best to undermine faith in the security of the vote. Of course, maybe they are just like Sadaam Hussein, who wanted people to believe he had WMD. Dems wanted people to believe they could guarantee a win, but maybe could only produce a few thousands fake votes.

Give me a break! Trump claimed exact same thing before 2016 election and even sat up a commission to prove he lost popular votes because of fraud but couldn't find anything and the contingently never talked about it. So apart from him claiming the same thing again what else is there? Your feelings or beliefs don't count as evidence

Old 11-17-2020, 09:16 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Here's mine:

Trump is deliberately sabotaging the U.S. by refusing to concede and riling up his base as well as letting the pandemic get worse to incite division.

Since he cannot get 4 more years, he's gonna do what he can to destroy the house before he's evicted.

To add another layer of tin:
Russia likes this.

But to be realistic:

He's really just a huge prick and sore loser.
There will be dozens (at least) of tell-all books written by people who worked for Trump. I'm sure one of them will say that they perpetuated his delusion that he won for fear he would launch nuclear weapons at California or something like that.

I think Trump is simultaneously: 1) a malignant narcissist who is having a psychic break because for the first time ever he is not getting his way 2) in the mid stages of dementia so literally out of touch with reality at times and 3) a sad, pathetic old man terrified of prosecution.

Repubs, salivating at the thought of harnessing the power of the MAGAT faithful to permanently install minority rule, are going along with his fantasy that he won in hopes of currying his favor. They are also scared to death he might scupper their hopes with a mean tweet. MAGATs obey Trump. If he tells them to write in Sam the Llama on all future ballots, they will.

Personally I don't think Trump will ever campaign for anyone but Trump, so Repubs are wasting their time with that angle. At best, they might be able to keep him distracted and mollified enough to not openly attack their candidates. If he says he's running in 2024, they are really up a creek, as they will need to pretend to go along with it for fear of riling up the MAGATs.

But without Trump on the ballot, will MAGATs turn up at all? Or will they just follow him around the country like a RWNJ version of deadheads, mortgaging the house to buy tickets to his rallies and send him donations so he can "fight the libs!".

As with all cults, Dear Leader will not lose his grip on these people until he dies.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:25 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Give me a break! Trump claimed exact same thing before 2016 election and even sat up a commission to prove he lost popular votes because of fraud but couldn't find anything and the contingently never talked about it. So apart from him claiming the same thing again what else is there? Your feelings or beliefs don't count as evidence
We've been talking about the Democrats loosening ID laws for a decade. They used the virus to significantly loosen them all over the country. It was a dog whistle to all the fanatics to cheat. Everyone willing to use their brain saw that when they did it over the summer. All the affadavits have shown that many of them followed through. How many votes? Who knows? Maybe it was minimal.

But we already have an election for Las Vegas county commissioner with 153,000 votes thrown out. It was problems all over the county with failures due to all the mail in ballots and other procedures that the Democrats had loosened in the months before the election. They only threw out one because it was very close. They threw out a local election in New Jersey because of mail in ballot fraud. They arrested someone in Philadelphia before the election for fraud. There was a woman in Texas arrested for harvesting 143 ballots from nursing home people. And Republicans can do it too. They threw out that US House election in North Carolina in 2018.

You can continue to act stupid and believe the MSM narrative, but there are people abusing the system and patriotic Americans should care.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:26 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,605,333 times
I think Trump's team will release fairly convincing evidence that overseas servers actually did change votes for Biden on certain voting machines. Even with that a court will dismiss it. By this point he has convinced most of his base the election was a fraud and must be redone. However, that's not likely.

Then Trump will release the real Kraken. Since he is still the president until Jan 20, he still has all presidential power. With the "Executive Order on Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election" in 2018 he has authority to declare the election had foreign inflence. For one, any evidence of votes being manipulated by foreign servers comes under the EO, since Dominion Voting Systems is a Canadian company! And Scytl is run out of Spain!

Trump will order certain Dominion voting machines seized, bank accounts and assets seized... Whatever to gather proof. What's critical is what happens on Jan 20. He may say I'm not leaving until a new election without using these machines!

Old 11-17-2020, 09:28 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
I think Biden won
Having said that and putting on my tin foil hat
When Biden says olive branch and unity he is talking about foreign country relations not us
All actions will be consistent with Obama policies for the next 4 years but with far less ability than Barack Obama

Old 11-17-2020, 09:40 AM

9,524 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
Here's mine:

Trump is deliberately sabotaging the U.S. by refusing to concede and riling up his base as well as letting the pandemic get worse to incite division.

Since he cannot get 4 more years, he's gonna do what he can to destroy the house before he's evicted.

Russia likes this.

But to be realistic:

No tinfoil hat here. Just the observation that apparently 79,022,580 voters are dumber than a bag of rocks. How's that for realistic?

Old 11-17-2020, 09:42 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,991,845 times
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
No tinfoil hat theory. Trump was a terrible president and so he lost after his first term. Republicans and Democrats both voted him out. It happens.

And especially this:

Quote:

Old 11-17-2020, 09:54 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
No, no, no. Bigfoot snuck across the border from Canada, got Covid and died, then voted.
I call for a new series on SciFi to settle our disagreement.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:59 AM

4,875 posts, read 2,679,748 times
no tin foil hat theory needed..it's plain to see that old orange face is being the little ***** that he is because he is who he is..hopefully never again..2024 or not..

Old 11-17-2020, 10:03 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Here's mine:

Russia likes this.

But to be realistic:

You've got a crystal ball that tells you what Trump's mindset is? He'll concede when it's absolutely certain that the elections was honest. What's he doing to destroy anything? What's he supposed to do about the pandemic that hasn't already been done? The governors are making their own rules on how to handle it.

A prick and a sore winner are those who won the election but still feel the need to attack the outgoing president and his supporters. Look in the mirror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies