Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 06:46 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times

Advertisements

I predict that this week Newsom will issue a NEW Shelter In Place Order this week. All non essential businesses shutdown and no in person interaction with anyone outside your household unless it's an essential service. This is how I think it will be stricter than the one in Spring:

1) Strict mask mandates for anytime you leave your house, including getting your mail or watering your front lawn. No mask exemptions so if you can't wear a mask for any reason, you stay in your house and have another household member get essential needs unless it's a life or death emergency.

2) This time they will enforce the rule about zero social interaction with anyone outside your household: that includes stopping to talk to a neighbor while you're walking your dog (even if you both have masks and stay 6 feet apart).

Anyone violating those two rules can be legally charged with a misdemeanor and fined up to $1,000 and/or sentenced to 30 days in jail. HOWEVER, the rules will ONLY be enforced in upper class neighborhoods where people are mostly law abiding and can afford to pay the fines. There will be a hotline to rat on people not following the rules. If the person in the neighborhood is White or Asian and upper class, the enforcement officers will actually show up and fine the violators. Lower class neighborhoods will probably be ignored because there is too much risk involved when it comes to enforcing the SIP law and they are very unlikely to pay the fine. I don't think anyone will go to jail but there will be plenty of citations and fines issued. Typical cases will be retired couples having their adult kids over for a meal, a person who lives alone having their significant other spend the night, a family with one kid having another family's kid over for a playdate, two single women walking their dogs together, and stopping to have a conversation with a neighbor who is watering the front lawn while jogging around the block. They will also take pictures of anyone who isn't wearing a mask on their mouth and nose and fine them if they are the right demographic to pay the fine to avoid trouble.

Can anyone else here see this coming?

Last edited by ThinkingOutsideTheBox; 11-30-2020 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 07:10 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
The "stronger" the order, the more difficult it will be to enforce; the individual who does his/her best to comply with s mask recommendation isn't going to be as cooperative when set upon by a couple of "Karens" on a power trip -- or burdened by new directives from a school district more concerned with mindless conformity than developing an ability to think. Every new directive increases the incentive for the thinking individual to move away from the center of "the grid" -- albeit not to leave it.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:27 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Is Newsolini going to close the forest again? Close the ocean again? Ridiculous.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerT55 View Post
He’ll wait until about a week before Christmas so he can ruin the holiday for as many people as possible.
I'm deer hunting and I don't care what he tosses out I'm up there I'll see probably...... zero people too. The first baloney lock down didn't stop us either will this garbage. I know when the forest service guys and gals start work and when they stop. They don't want to enforce this pile of steaming dung either.

Talk about a real life Grinch. He's so worried about his "legacy" yet he got caught at the French Laundry. I'm sorry but that's hilarious. Do as I say, not as I do.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:36 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
In our county the number of cases went down in the last 3 days. He better not. It’s an extremely dull tool.

Old 12-01-2020, 02:13 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerT55 View Post
I was going to call him Gavin the Grinch, but you beat me to it. I was out this weekend and no stores were limiting people to 25% capacity. People were going in and out as they pleased.

Maybe some restaurants will obey, but most people will ignore any stay at home orders. Let him order it. It’s useless.

I saw one restaurant is ignoring the order in LA and put up a sign over their name that said “The French Laundry”. LOL
There's a bar owner in Staten Island who declared his bar an autonomous zone.

Old 12-01-2020, 05:41 PM

The SF mayor was caught eating at the French Laundry one day after Newsom was there. Same with the LA woman who voted to ban outdoor dining was caught eating at a restaurant the day before the ban. Unbelievable.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The SF mayor was caught eating at the French Laundry one day after Newsom was there. Same with the LA woman who voted to ban outdoor dining was caught eating at a restaurant the day before the ban. Unbelievable.
Quite believable. They are politicians. They can do what they want. Rules, orders and laws are for us plebes.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:03 PM

I’m watching TV right now and people are in tears about closing, they said they have no confidence in LA county.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:13 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Well, seeing as Newsome himself already stated before your post that it was likely....yes, we can all see it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies