Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 08:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I don't understand how any self-respecting conservative can support these people.
They are no longer conservatives.

They are Trumpers.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:25 PM

57,418 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, a coup because one DOES like the Constitution.
So are coups part of the constitution, these so called patriots are nothing but insurrectionists. They don’t like the outcome of democratic elections so they need to overthrow the government.

Flynn should have remained in jail where he belongs.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:21 PM

28,692 posts, read 18,846,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, in order for the US military in this country to rise up and remove a president, the causes for such a move would have to be very great. Like maybe a razor thin majority of one political party manages to pass laws to stack the Supreme Court with four partisan justices. And maybe using the corrupt president's VP as the deciding senate vote. Then the partisan packed court magically rule to ignore the law and rules to install a corrupt president, in a very contested election, with overwhelming evidence of lawless acts and voting inconsistencies. Something like that.

No, not even then.

And here is the thing you don't seem to understand: A military coup is not reversible, at least not within the same generation, probably not within the same century. Once the military takes control of the selection of government, it remains the de facto head of government. Even if the generals step back and allow civilians to "manage daily affairs." Once the generals have selected a president, all presidents will understand they they serve only by the will of the generals.

There is no mechanism in the Constitution that allows for selection of government officials by the military. If the situation ever comes to that, the Constitution is dead. Generals cannot break it and then put it back together, at least not in any of their own lifetimes.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:56 PM

24,447 posts, read 23,117,922 times
He should do it now. let's stop pretending creepy Joe Biden is POTUS.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I don't understand how any self-respecting conservative can support these people.
Really, it's actually quite easy to understand why. These people pretty strongly think that President Trump was the best president since Ronald Reagan, no, I mean, since Abraham Lincoln.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:30 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,230,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He should do it now. let's stop pretending creepy Joe Biden is POTUS.
Stop pretending you deal in reality.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:32 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,996,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Sanity was restored the moment Trump left office.
I am not saying we had sanity under Trump either. We been nuts for a long time now.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:52 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,396,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So are coups part of the constitution, these so called patriots are nothing but insurrectionists. They don’t like the outcome of democratic elections so they need to overthrow the government.
Stop being facetious.

The only reason anyone cared about the election is that the Constitution is almost completely history.

And there was no "democratic" election, and there wasn't supposed to be a democratic election.

What there was was an election to (a) choose Biden to commit crimes against Republican voters and destroy the nation's future or (b) choose Trump to prevent such crimes and make the country as a whole prosperous. What there should have been was an election to determine who would defend the country's borders, with everything else being left to the states.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:52 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"I'm a simple marine...I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can't happen here."

How do we get "Michael Flynn calls for Trump to suspend the constitution and declare martial law to re-run election" from that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Follow the thread which turned into a discussion of Flynn's new quote over the weekend. Since you were not specific which quote you wanted I gave you the new one.

I'm looking for the quote that the thread title is based on.

"Michael Flynn calls for Trump to suspend the constitution and declare martial law to re-run election"

When and where did Flynn call for Trump to suspend the Constitution, declare martial law and rerun the election?

What were his specific words?

Old 06-01-2021, 02:40 AM

13,345 posts, read 7,373,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Stop being facetious.

The only reason anyone cared about the election is that the Constitution is almost completely history.

And there was no "democratic" election, and there wasn't supposed to be a democratic election.

What there was was an election to (a) choose Biden to commit crimes against Republican voters and destroy the nation's future or (b) choose Trump to prevent such crimes and make the country as a whole prosperous. What there should have been was an election to determine who would defend the country's borders, with everything else being left to the states.

Trump is a criminal that's why didn't vote for him again. I don't like Democrats policies but Trump went too far no way I could vote for him again. His attack on our election system verified I made the right decision.

Biden was the first democrat I ever voted for in 34 years. I think lot of us out there like me more then you think. I don't brainwash easily our system worked no matter how hard Trump tried with courts, state legislators all chose the voters over the lies. If Trump runs again ill vote Democrat again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies