Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 05:03 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,624 times

Advertisements

When asked about a Myanmar-style coup happening in the US, Michael Flynn (Trump's national security advisor) said that a coup "should" happen in the US. The audience cheered.

I didn't vote for Biden or any Democrats, and I don't care for their policies. But how could anyone call for a military coup? Isn't the need for democracy clear to everyone? Hasn't everyone learned from the awful 20th century (military coups and dictatorships around the world)?

Old 05-31-2021, 05:12 PM

10,481 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Because Biden and his administration are selling us out to invaders from south of the border and to the CCP. And they used a corrupt media and election rigging to steal the elections. They are domestic terrorists working with a foreign enemy. I say storm all of Washington, arrest all of the executive branch, storm the CIA and FBI agencies as well as NSA, ATF, all of it and gut it and start fresh. Ban all people who are not natural born American citizens from ever holding any political office or allowed to vote.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:12 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,551,421 times
At the very least, one would hope his security clearance will remain permanently revoked.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:19 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,807 times
1. Armed insurrection is probably the most patriotic, most American thing there is.

2. The need for "democracy" is not clear to everyone. The US is not a democracy, and the people who think it is or should be are part of the problem

Old 05-31-2021, 05:21 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,957,807 times
If it will restore sanity I am all for it. At this point it seems like a coup will be the only action that can save us.

Tulsi Gabbard is a Vet. I think she should be installed by the coup as leader.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:24 PM

2,367 posts, read 910,049 times
The US came into existence by a military coup against the British. Not all coups are bad.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:30 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If it will restore sanity I am all for it.
Sanity was restored the moment Trump left office.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:31 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
But how could anyone call for a military coup? Isn't the need for democracy clear to everyone? Hasn't everyone learned from the awful 20th century (military coups and dictatorships around the world)?
How could any American not understand that a military coup is pretty much what the American Revolution was. Except that we didn't have an army so regular people just did it.

Where there is a real serious question as to if the election was really fair and if our elections are actually secure... I think the military should consider pushing congress to stop playing around with stupidity and get serious or they will get serious.

It is clear to me we are losing our democracy to people who want to use the USA wealth and tax payer to fund their goals.. and if that means doing things that is not in the USA's best interest and daring us to do anything about it.... well....

Already some military generals have written a letter pushing back against Biden...

Now I am not saying a military coup would ever happen but there are more subtle ways..

Old 05-31-2021, 05:38 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
When asked about a Myanmar-style coup happening in the US, Michael Flynn (Trump's national security advisor) said that a coup "should" happen in the US. The audience cheered.

I didn't vote for Biden or any Democrats, and I don't care for their policies. But how could anyone call for a military coup? Isn't the need for democracy clear to everyone? Hasn't everyone learned from the awful 20th century (military coups and dictatorships around the world)?
Scares me, too.

It seems an increasing number of people from across the political spectrum support dictatorship. They seem to believe dictatorships will impose all or most of the things they want without abusing power. That's never the case. What always happens is the people who support various dictators are used as 'useful idiots' and the dictatorship will sell them down the river along with those who oppose the dictatorship. But people never learn from history.

It almost always comes down to some kind of security. People believe more government control will make them secure in some way. The right usually looks at military/border security. The left believes in the health/safety/welfare state security. People seem not to understand--until it's too late--that they will never be secure under any kind of authoritarian government / dictatorship.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Then why don't Trumpers admit they tried one on 1/6?

And yes, they were armed from a legal POV (both natural law and statist law to boot).
Ha ha.. no weapons.. just American flags and Trump flags.. it is so ridiculous and you ate the propaganda of the MSM that it is an insurrection... ha ha..get some common sense will you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies