Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 11:41 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Keep in mind that these Trump supporters, such as Pilgrim'sProgress, are quite incredibly heartbroken. They all thought that Trump was, by far, one of the best presidents America ever had, and so they will never ever be able to comprehend how he lost. They thought the polls were all out fake and that he would win by a monstrous landslide. He certainly did not. Among other things, they richly admired Trump for not being too cowardly to call out members of his own political party as "human scum". Maybe we should feel sorry for them.
I pity them. But our nation has moved on.

Old 12-02-2020, 11:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Recounting the same votes isn't auditing.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:04 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Keep in mind that these Trump supporters, such as Pilgrim'sProgress, are quite incredibly heartbroken. They all thought that Trump was, by far, one of the best presidents America ever had, and so they will never ever be able to comprehend how he lost. They thought the polls were all out fake and that he would win by a monstrous landslide. He certainly did not. Among other things, they richly admired Trump for not being too cowardly to call out members of his own political party as "human scum". Maybe we should feel sorry for them.
So you obviously really liked your Obama phone.

Yeah...and the left were all "Russia, Russia, Russia" for the past 4 years. Ya'll thought Hillary's (the poster child for human scum) polls had her dumb arse ready to run the country back in 2016.

No one is "heartbroken". The right isn't as fragile as the pathetic left. No "safe spaces" needed. No rioting, burning, looting or murdering. That's the left's go-to BS.

When the right goes low the left gets high, apparently.

Stop drinking still water; no one likes townies.

What did you do so wrong in your life that you prefer others pay your way & you're good with supporting illegals (b/c others pay your way and you have nothing/zero/nada to lose?). Why not just move to China or Finland? They don't want you because you have nothing to offer?

What do you not like about Trump's policies?

https://140reasons.com/

Old 12-03-2020, 12:08 AM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Recounting the same votes isn't auditing.

Ignorance is not a prerequisite for another 'audit'. Maybe you should recognize that. A Republican state, legislature and SoS.

Sounds like you're kinda bumm hurt.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:09 AM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The scary thing from the perspective of military leadership is that this Senate is not dependable in standing up for the Congress as a branch of government equal to the Executive.

The military will not take action against the president unilaterally. They will drag their heels and develop sudden telephone difficulties. When I was on the Strategic Air Command staff in the final days of Nixon, we got a quiet memo from Air Staff in the Pentagon to ignore any "unusual orders" coming directly from the White House until we got clarification from Air Staff.

The military is staffed by the president, but military authority actually stems from Congress (which is why questions about the validity of a president don't affect the validity of the military). The uniformed military leadership will drag their feet and have an eye on Congress as an equal branch of government to validate any action against an unlawfully behaving president.

The Chiefs of Staff and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff have already subtly--but publicly-- staked out their positions as "upholding the Constitution, not an individual." But they depend on Congress to define in the critical moment what the Constitution actually says to them.

If Congress rolls over for the president...that will be the most scary scenario for the generals.
Some good discussion on Topic with this thread I read this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martia..._United_States there is the Posse Comitatus Act

Says both the President and congress have power to impose Martial law. I can't see where it gives him any power to "suspend the constitution". I know he can arrest people without a trial or a hearing but still doesn't stop the clock on his term which ends on 1/20/21. Even when FDR put Japanese Americans in camps he had congress pass a law and he used his EO power he needed both to do it.

It seems to me that Trump would need the military to actually break their oath to follow an illegal order. Interesting story about Nixon I saw a documentary where in the last days he would got Drunk and someone decided to take his nuclear codes away from him. I wonder if that was the time you received that memo.

If Congress could quickly impeach maybe done in one day if it was a real crises, or the 25th amendment. I could see Trump being walked out with cuffs on "I AM THE PRESIDENT!!" put into a ambulance taken to a mental hospital.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:14 AM

4,192 posts, read 2,512,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Redoing the election is not treason. In fact, our legal documents accommodate it if the election is in question. And if any election has been in question over the past hundred fifty years, it would be this one. An election redo is exactly what is needed. ALL HAND COUNTED with representatives from BOTH PARTIES involved and several verifying recounts done AT THE TIME by individuals of all parties involved.
We have a legal process in place for a failed election and contested elections. This is nothing new, but there is no provision in the US for redoing a presidential election at the ballot box.

President Hindenburg in Germany issued The Decree of the Reich President for the Protection of the People and the State it ushered in the Nazi party. The rest as they say is history. Flynn is asking for the same and like many of those who naively agreed with Hindenburg, they were swept away into oblivion.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:39 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Some good discussion on Topic with this thread I read this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martia..._United_States there is the Posse Comitatus Act

Says both the President and congress have power to impose Martial law. I can't see where it gives him any power to "suspend the constitution". I know he can arrest people without a trial or a hearing but still doesn't stop the clock on his term which ends on 1/20/21. Even when FDR put Japanese Americans in camps he had congress pass a law and he used his EO power he needed both to do it.

It seems to me that Trump would need the military to actually break their oath to follow an illegal order. Interesting story about Nixon I saw a documentary where in the last days he would got Drunk and someone decided to take his nuclear codes away from him. I wonder if that was the time you received that memo.

If Congress could quickly impeach maybe done in one day if it was a real crises, or the 25th amendment. I could see Trump being walked out with cuffs on "I AM THE PRESIDENT!!" put into a ambulance taken to a mental hospital.

Martial law is not merely "calling out the National Guard." Martial law is also the suspension of both judicial and legislative functions (or rather, the Executive Branch declaring that the Judicial and Legislative Branches non-functional).

And it's usually done from the lowest level in the smallest region necessary, such as by a state governor rather than the president. To call martial law upon the entire nation (which has never been done before), the president would have to get either Congress or the Supreme Court to agree that they are no longer functional.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Redoing the election is not treason. In fact, our legal documents accommodate it if the election is in question. And if any election has been in question over the past hundred fifty years, it would be this one. An election redo is exactly what is needed. ALL HAND COUNTED with representatives from BOTH PARTIES involved and several verifying recounts done AT THE TIME by individuals of all parties involved.
You are quite WRONG! There is no need for another election. The polls showed that Biden would win as confirmed by the actual vote.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Bidet is China's boy. Better be glad he lost.
Who said? Alex Jones?

Old 12-03-2020, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
So you obviously really liked your Obama phone.

Yeah...and the left were all "Russia, Russia, Russia" for the past 4 years. Ya'll thought Hillary's (the poster child for human scum) polls had her dumb arse ready to run the country back in 2016.

No one is "heartbroken". The right isn't as fragile as the pathetic left. No "safe spaces" needed. No rioting, burning, looting or murdering. That's the left's go-to BS.

When the right goes low the left gets high, apparently.

Stop drinking still water; no one likes townies.

What did you do so wrong in your life that you prefer others pay your way & you're good with supporting illegals (b/c others pay your way and you have nothing/zero/nada to lose?). Why not just move to China or Finland? They don't want you because you have nothing to offer?

What do you not like about Trump's policies?

https://140reasons.com/
LOL. Just what rogue websites do you visit to make you think the way you do? I want to see them, besides the one already brought up.

By the way, I did not vote for the Democrat candidate in 2016 or 2020. Or for the Republican one. So I don't relate to what the hell you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies