Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 11:42 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

It has to be a lot more than people being in close quarters, and not wearing mask.
All the thousands that have recently gotten the virus tells me it cant be just those two reasons for the upswing in cases.
So what is the REAL cause of the huge upswing in cases all over the country?
Could this virus be everywhere in the air we breath?
It almost seems like that could be a very real possibility.
I for sure do not believe it is just being passed on from person to person.
There are way to many infections just this week to even consider it is a person to person thing.
In Los Angeles county, just in the last three days, over 5000 people have come down with covid 19, and Santa Ana in orange county holds the record for new cases in the county.
Something is going on, and it is really beginning to scare me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 11:56 PM

4,939 posts, read 3,315,369 times
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...514-2/fulltext Article about transmission, up in the air, bit of a long read.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:16 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Just a natural growth curve that occurs within nature. Look at the population of humans and how quickly we exploded when we hit a critical level that allowed us to be in close enough contact for widespread breeding to occur. This use this example for oil but it can be applied anywhere in nature. We're likely to see bounded growth leading to a bell curve depending on how much this virus is capable of mutating.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig1_226709480

It was always going to happen. Unless you locked down every person on the planet for 6 weeks and prevented them from interacting with anyone which is impossible. At least we have the vaccines coming.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:33 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Maybe should have paid more attention at those high school science classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Just a natural growth curve that occurs within nature.
The spread is people - dumb people - spreading the virus. Throw in some dumb politicians.

Anything else and time to join the Tinfoil Hat Society. They are always seeking new members.

LINK

Old 12-03-2020, 03:41 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
The media?

Old 12-03-2020, 03:42 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
It has to be a lot more than people being in close quarters, and not wearing mask.
All the thousands that have recently gotten the virus tells me it cant be just those two reasons for the upswing in cases.
There are way to many infections just this week to even consider it is a person to person thing.
In Los Angeles county, just in the last three days, over 5000 people have come down with covid 19, and Santa Ana in orange county holds the record for new cases in the county.
It's called a pandemic. We have a fairly infectious airborne disease, and on average, each infected person will infect more than one other person. Look up "exponential growth" sometime.

And it's just beginning to scare you???? Well better late than never, I guess.

Wear a mask and stay away from any situation that causes you to be shoulder-to-shoulder with strangers. Especially if they are talking, laughing, singing, or shouting. Plenty of us have been worried for months.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

Whoever said it's passed strictly from person to person? IF that was the case, WHY would so much effort be expended sanitizing objects? It can also be passed person to object to person. And belief has no affect on what the virus does.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:52 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Maybe should have paid more attention at those high school science classes.

The spread is people - dumb people - spreading the virus. Throw in some dumb politicians.

Anything else and time to join the Tinfoil Hat Society. They are always seeking new members.

LINK
Bingo

Old 12-03-2020, 03:55 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The MEDIA.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:55 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
The US seems to be an order of magnitude worse then the rest of the world right now.

We have thousands of dead each day, the rest of the world has hundreds.

We have hundreds of thousands of new positive test results each day, the rest of the world has tens of thousands.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I’m guessing all of the social activity around the election created spreading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies