Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2020, 08:01 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes ID but they don't require all the other restrictions.

Many of the voter ID requirements are too strict. Folks have birth certificates that some communities deem 'not official' -- spellings in last name are different in documents...birth, marriage, etc.

If you do reading online - -many of the issues aren't that the people have no ID, it's that their ID doesn't tick all the buttons.

We aren't talking immigrants. We are talking older folks who have lived in the USA all their life...and they are refused voter ID because they don't have the specific official documents.

Amd while some of those people may be poor -- they may not be on welfare.
That is something that can be fixed. Make sure your name on your ID is spelled the same as your name on your voter registration card. This is something people should do but neglect to do.
I know its a PITA especially if you are female and have married, divorced, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 08:30 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
It's suppression because many poor people do not have the means to pay for an ID, or to stand in line for hours at the BMV to get an ID.
My Dad fought the Japanese for 3 years in some of the worst places on Earth and carried a piece of shrapnel in his leg his whole life for the flag and his love of country and family. Are you suggesting it’s too much of a sacrifice to stand in line for an ID card that will be provided for free? I’m just trying to understand this.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:36 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's how people go to the polls on election day only to be told they already voted. Someone else merely claimed to be them by their "say so," and stole their vote.

Oh, sure, when that happens you can cast a provisional ballot and that might be counted once it's verified, but what happens to the original vote cast in that name by an imposter? Do they track that vote down and void it? No. So... one voter casts two votes. That's just one way how elections are easily stolen.

Like what?

Too easy to steal votes that way. Anyone can go in and say they're someone else.
Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but on what scale?

Jump in your way back machine to the early days of the Trump nightmare. Do you remember the voter fraud committee Trump put in place to reveal the wide spread fraud that gave Hillary the popular vote?

What happened to that committee?

Read AP News: "Report: Trump commission did not find widespread voter fraud." These were Trump appointees that came to that conclusion.

What do you make of lap dog Bill Barr saying there is no widespread voter fraud and that the election was not compromised?

Chris Krebs Trump's director of cyber security fired for saying our election was secure? That means what? What makes more sense? That Trump is lying or everybody else is lying? If you say everybody else I'll post another how to make a tin foil hat video and I'll arrange an intervention for you when you finally realize that you've been had by a con man.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:51 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but on what scale?
In Nevada, alone, a quick canvas found 42,284 voters who voted twice. That data has been presented to the state legislature. Other states have similar problems with double-voting, as well, likely because of the exact problem I described...

How the one voter = 2 votes election fraud works:

Quote:
"As 2020 continues to amaze, I went to vote this morning and was told that I already voted. After much back and forth with the head of the precinct and city registrar, I was told that I checked into city hall last Monday at around 1:30 p.m. and voted."

He was directed to go with the chief officer of election to call the city registrar.

"I'd already been given a provisional ballot by the head but wanted more answers before doing it," he said. "She couldn't answer who the 'fake me' voted for or discount the vote now and count the new one. She mentioned exact day and time and it lined up with me at work in Harrisonburg."
He has a work time card to prove it, and will provide it to the election officials so that his provisional ballot will count. But so will the other one cast in his name.

https://www.newsleader.com/story/new...20/6144019002/

Now tell me... How does the fake vote cast in his name get tracked down and voided if they don't know who it was who impersonated him nor for whom the imposter voted because elections are tracked only by whether one voted, NOT for whom they voted?

Old 12-07-2020, 08:56 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Simple question.
Because not everyone has an ID, especially those living on the fringe of society, illegal immigrants, former felons, etc.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:01 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Some real asinine arguments here in this thread, just like I posted earlier, my co-worker comes up with the most inane reason to not have to have an ID to vote.

When getting a hotel room or picking up a prescription requires more verification than voting, we've got some priorities wrong here.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:09 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Showing an ID is a simple basic request that helps protect the integrity of elections.

Of course democrats hate laws requiring I’d to be shown to vote because the people without ID tend to be those who do not work, commit crimes, rely on government handouts etc. These people are the democrats dependent voter base they need to win elections.

The democrats also rely on not having voter ID laws so they can commit electoral fraud like they did on a mass scale this year.

If everyone had to present ID to vote everywhere in America then democrats could never win another election again.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some real asinine arguments here in this thread, just like I posted earlier, my co-worker comes up with the most inane reason to not have to have an ID to vote.

When getting a hotel room or picking up a prescription requires more verification than voting, we've got some priorities wrong here.
My grand was born in 1907 in rural TN at home, probably even without a doctor in attendance. She passed at the age of 104. I dont know when she last voted but she had a state issue ID at the time of her death. There was no state issue birth certificate when she was born and she never drove or worked outside the home so I imagine it was a little tricky to obtain her BC, SS# and valid ID, but she managed to, in BF Appalachia no less.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:27 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
My grand was born in 1907 in rural TN at home, probably even without a doctor in attendance. She passed at the age of 104. I dont know when she last voted but she had a state issue ID at the time of her death. There was no state issue birth certificate when she was born and she never drove or worked outside the home so I imagine it was a little tricky to obtain her BC, SS# and valid ID, but she managed to, in BF Appalachia no less.
Your grand was an upstanding citizen.

I posted earlier that I'd be willing to pay a bit more in taxes for low income people to help with an ID. There really isn't a reason to not have one.

I don't really care to be honest, but if you're going to vote, show some ID.

This flooding the system with ballots, no voter signature verification and ballot harvesting is just BS, I mean just BS.

Whether this works in favor of the dem or the repubs doesn't matter to me.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your grand was an upstanding citizen.

I posted earlier that I'd be willing to pay a bit more in taxes for low income people to help with an ID. There really isn't a reason to not have one.

I don't really care to be honest, but if you're going to vote, show some ID.

This flooding the system with ballots, no voter signature verification and ballot harvesting is just BS, I mean just BS.

Whether this works in favor of the dem or the repubs doesn't matter to me.
My state will issue a free state voter ID for registered voters who do not have a valid ID. One can also cast an absentee ballot if you are 60 or disabled and if you can not afford a certified birth certificate you can sign a form stating you are indigent and can not obtain such forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies