Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 04:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Joe Biden tells CNN that he's going to be calling for the nation to wear masks for the first 100 days after he takes office.
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...26020482293764

Except most places have mask orders already. Polls show list already wear masks. So what will he be doing different?

And will he be asked how long after the vaccines we are supposed to wear masks? Sure you can’t just say take them off right away but there has to be an end date. It can’t go on forever right?
Joe forgets what he says from one day to the next.
Wear Masks
Wait, it unconstitutional for me to say that
Wear Masks
Wait, He just said last week it’s up to each state and local official to decide

Today ... wear Masks for 100 days.
And if we don’t..... what does he plan to do?

Throw us in the gulag? Demented Joe has delusions of grandeur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 04:21 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
This great but it really should be for longer

If you do not want to wear a mask just stay the F home

Old 12-03-2020, 04:23 PM

6,127 posts, read 3,351,401 times
I have no problem wearing the mask. I doubt it helps anything, but it’s easy to put it on.

As far as Biden, the less I see of him squinting and trying to read a teleprompter while hopped up on medication to minimize his dementia, the better.

Not my president, his words mean nothing to me.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:24 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Unless you have cameras in peoples houses or ban people from visiting another residence you can’t mandate what happens in peoples homes
Oh for goodness sakes, quit with your pearl clutching. There's no mandate and even to use the words "calling for" is strong. Biden says he's going to "ask" the American people to wear a mask for 100 days. This is just about messaging and "trying." Now, knowing the anti-mask crowd, it will just cause them to dig in further so I don't know why Joe bothers with his naively optimistic approach, but he's going to "ask."

You know what, just don't 'effing do it. No one really cares anymore.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:25 PM

118 posts, read 77,894 times
He just has to do something so he can take credit when things improve. If they don't improve he can still say he did something. It's a no risk political play.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:30 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,702 times
hes using his lame crackly low begging tone. all the lefties go to puddles over it.

he told two crying women he cant do squat to help them, and hes gona be honest. they were so grateful and gobbling it up. lol

Old 12-03-2020, 04:31 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
It's a reasonable request.

Already he's proving himself better than Trump.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:31 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
I can’t speak for other areas of the country and how high mask compliance is in other parts. Another question to look at is where is transmission occurring and are people wearing masks in those places?

Lots of people are gathering inside homes with people outside of their household, and they are most likely not wearing masks. You are also in close proximity to these people and moving around less. Dwellings also have lower ceilings and more encapsulated spaces, making the virus easier to transmit. This is opposed to stores where you are not in someone’s face for long lengths of time, you are constantly moving about, you have a wide open space with high ceilings to allow for air circulation, and most likely everyone is masked.
I’m trying to find the article I read last week that claims that stores are the number one place where the virus spreads. Not homes, grocery stores.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Oh for goodness sakes, quit with your pearl clutching. There's no mandate and even to use the words "calling for" is strong. Biden says he's going to "ask" the American people to wear a mask for 100 days. This is just about messaging and "trying." Now, knowing the anti-mask crowd, it will just cause them to dig in further so I don't know why Joe bothers with his naively optimistic approach, but he's going to "ask."

You know what, just don't 'effing do it. No one really cares anymore.
Except what Biden asks is already happening
So what is he really asking for?

What’s his plan beyond masks?

Old 12-03-2020, 04:35 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I’m trying to find the article I read last week that claims that stores are the number one place where the virus spreads. Not homes, grocery stores.
What's the difference between "stores" and "grocery stores?" Do you think it means you're more likely to pick it up in Kohl's versus Safeway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies