Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 11:08 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is an ego trip. They are just so impressed with themselves.
Why shouldn't they be? My youngest cousin has a Ph.D in musicology that she worked very hard to get, including spending time overseas in Europe to do the research for her dissertation on early 20th century Viennese operetta, a dissertation that is soon to be published in book form. Her complete fluency in German came in handy during that time (she also speaks French and Italian in addition to English). She already has a tenure-track position at the U of Arkansas. At the age of 35. She's set for life career wise.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:12 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
For total viewers Tucker has almost 3 million compared to 2 million for Anderson and < 2 million for MSDNC.

In prime time FOX still beats out CNN & MSDNC.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/thur...e-time/465444/
Wait, so you believe the "MSM" and "polls" now? That's a treat. No, Tucker Carlson and all Fox News talking heads have taken a big hit since they distanced themselves from the Trump trainwreck. Meanwhile CNN and MSNBC are way up.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways -- the media is not to be trusted, but hey, if a story comes out in your favor than it is true??! Total hypocrisy on your part.

You've made your bed now you have to sleep in it.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:13 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Oh yeah! she has a Doctorate in Education.. But her demanding to be called Dr Jill implies that she is a practicing physician.

Tucker Carlson Show pointed out tonight that is the same doctor title like Bill Cosby has. and that her and her husband have anxiety about how much they think they are worth, Jill wanted to earn a doctorate degree because she didn't want to be called Mrs Biden. she wanted this title to make herself feel worth it.
There were 3 professors in the Teacher Education department at my college who were called Dr, including the head of the department. I attended that school between 1995 and 2000.

It's NOT a new title. I'm amazed at the colossal stupidity of the people who don't seem to ever heard of this concept before.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I can see having PhD after your name, but Dr. should be reserved for medical Dr's.
Why? If you were going to reserve "Dr." for anything, it would be for PhDs as it originally was. Seems a bit silly to have a secondary meaning overtake the primary definition.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:15 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Also, just to be clear, Jill doesn't have a PhD.

She has EdD.

(To which I still think she's a nitwit for calling herself "Dr".)

Old 12-14-2020, 11:16 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
There were 3 professors in the Teacher Education department at my college who were called Dr, including the head of the department. I attended that school between 1995 and 2000.

It's NOT a new title. I'm amazed at the colossal stupidity of the people who don't seem to ever heard of this concept before.
Me too. But I chalk it off to the fact that Trumpers have no experience in acedemia, owing to the fact that many do not have degrees or like incel Tucker just have a BA (and a poor attempt at making their wardrobe look like they are a professor or something.)

Old 12-14-2020, 11:16 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponatimeindenver View Post
No. JD is a Doctorate degree - Doctor of Jurisprudence.
Nah, no dissertation, no doctorate in my book.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:18 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Nah, no dissertation, no doctorate in my book.
Fortunately, your book is completely meritless and of no value outside of your personal opinion.

What was your dissertation on?

Old 12-14-2020, 11:20 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Wait, so you believe the "MSM" and "polls" now? That's a treat. No, Tucker Carlson and all Fox News talking heads have taken a big hit since they distanced themselves from the Trump trainwreck. Meanwhile CNN and MSNBC are way up.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways -- the media is not to be trusted, but hey, if a story comes out in your favor than it is true??! Total hypocrisy on your part.

You've made your bed now you have to sleep in it.
You realize that Nielsen ratings aren't "polls" - right?

Old 12-14-2020, 11:22 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
No, Tucker Carlson and all Fox News talking heads have taken a big hit since they distanced themselves from the Trump trainwreck. Meanwhile CNN and MSNBC are way up.
Those aren't polls. Those are actual ratings numbers from last week. Look it up yourself and show something to the contrary other than your worthless biased opinion.

I doubt you would do that, though. You're better at putting out lies and misinformation than actual facts. Put your money where your mouth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies