Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 02:53 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,547,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think some will never admit it or allow that Biden is the president. I see Trump signs still in my area, and my feeling is they'll probably stay up for the next four years.
Oh, it's the same way here in my town. Trump signs and flags up all over the place still. One home I drive by has a handmade sign in the yard that says "Biden is a Cheater."

Yes, I know it's a Trump supporter's right to fly his or her Trump flags and keep his or her signage up as long as they want, and they can continue to keep giving their hard-earned money to the con man as long as they want. It's their right to get fleeced, I guess.

However, Biden won. Get over it. (Yes, I did get over it when Hillary lost. I didn't like it, but I got over it.)

Old 12-13-2020, 02:54 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,430,831 times
Representative Adam Kinzinger, Republican of Illinois, yesterday, warned his party on Twitter against excesses like the secession talk thrown around on Friday by Texas G.O.P. chairman Allen West or any further efforts by Republicans to stoke false hopes among their voters.

“I want to be clear: the Supreme Court is not the deep state,” Mr. Kinzinger wrote in one tweet. “The case had no merit and was dispatched 9-0. There was no win here. Complaining and bellyaching is not a manly trait, it’s actually sad. Real men accept a loss with grace.

He should repeat the last line directly to Trump.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:14 PM

22,483 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
Oh, it's the same way here in my town. Trump signs and flags up all over the place still. One home I drive by has a handmade sign in the yard that says "Biden is a Cheater."

Yes, I know it's a Trump supporter's right to fly his or her Trump flags and keep his or her signage up as long as they want, and they can continue to keep giving their hard-earned money to the con man as long as they want. It's their right to get fleeced, I guess.

However, Biden won. Get over it. (Yes, I did get over it when Hillary lost. I didn't like it, but I got over it.)
Biden did not win fair and square.

Yet none of you Biden voters care about that, as long as you think he won.

I don't care what side you are on. Everybody should want the same thing---and that is knowing that our elections are safe and secure. There was vote fraud in this election. It needs to be dealt with so going forward all Americans can have trust in our election systems.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:25 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,547,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I don't care what side you are on. Everybody should want the same thing---and that is knowing that our elections are safe and secure. There was vote fraud in this election. It needs to be dealt with so going forward all Americans can have trust in our election systems.
Yes, Biden did win fair and square. He won by what--7 or 8 million or so votes? There was no fraud. Votes were counted and recounted and recounted again. Lawsuits were filed and thrown out of court. Good grief! How blind must a person be to believe that Biden didn't win fair and square?

Never mind. You don't have to answer my rhetorical question. You will never convince me of voter fraud in this election, and I will never convince you that Biden won fair and square. I do know, however, that Biden will take the office of President of the United States next month.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:35 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,100,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post

Actually I’m all for them leaving their flags and posters up, it serves as a sign for the rest of our nation on where the cult members are at.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:56 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,430,831 times
Quote:

Biden won fair and square and by SEVERAL MILLION votes. Our election was secure, confirmed by Homeland Security. There was no voter fraud and no matter how many times you deny this and claim fraud, it won’t make it true.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:00 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,936,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Actually I’m all for them leaving their flags and posters up, it serves as a sign for the rest of our nation on where the cult members are at.
Absolutely they are free to fly what ever flag they want in their yard, put whatever bumper sticker they want on their pickup truck.

They are making a statement to the world for sure. Displaying their childishness and stubbornness for all to see, without a hint of embarrassment.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:04 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,677,134 times
Emotionally, there is no telling when Trumpers will accept reality. Perhaps never.

This is what they will do in action:

Able bodied militants like the Proud Boys will try to start trouble. Expect to see violence with this group.

Retirees and other unoccupied people will join Trump rallies where ever they spring up. Generally not a violent group.

Armchair warriors will stay home and donate to Trump.

Everyone else will move on with their lives. They will talk about how much they adore Trump on Parlor.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:17 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,936,284 times
Quote:

I am absolutely certain that you believe every word that you wrote. But realize that every single day, fewer and fewer are willing to embarrass themselves by repeating this nonsense.

I am completely sure that some will go their graves believing that Trump won the election. But there is a difference in believing something and having evidence and findings proving that their belief has merit.

The Trump campaign has filed nearly 40 lawsuits challenging the election results since November 3 and hasn't won a single case. At least 86 judges across the country, many appointed by Trump, from the state level all the way to the Supreme Court, have rejected these challenges.

So when someone posts a statement on an Internet forum that directly contradicts the rulings from almost 90 judges all over the country, including a Supreme Court 9-0 decision, why would anyone take them seriously?

People are free to say anything you want - but understand that at this point, those that believe that Trump won this election have ZERO credibility.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:23 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What we are observing with this attempted coup-de-Tate is the end result of decades of concerted effort by the Far Right to institute one-party rule here in the USA. You have to go all the way back to the Nixon resignation and even before that to find the roots. The people you are describing out in the hinterlands of the Red States are simply pawns in their game.
Pot, meet Kettle!

Donkey Business -- How to "Build" a One-Party Nation (originally posted 11-15-2012)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...one-party.html

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-13-2020 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies