Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 02:23 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,869,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I know Trump's personality was a major issue for some. so that's his personality.. I can handle someone who does a good job but has a bombastic personality. What policies do you think Biden will do that will affect us in a good way? not just "we got rid of Trump" but what will he actually do that you will like? One major thing Im hearing is that China (our enemy) is going to have more power on the USA (in a bad way) with Biden. What do you think about how China will fit in and will they control us in a bad way?
China already owns the U.S. and has for years. China is one of the largest holders of U.S. debt.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:25 PM

8,319 posts, read 3,957,425 times
Quote:

To Biden voters - what WILL he accomplish and what are you looking for in him?
What I would expect any President to do.

Protect our system of government, and our rights that are guaranteed under the Constitution.

Protect our national security and stand at the ready with our allies to defend our liberty, if it comes to that.

In other words what every single President, Republican and Democrat did well in my lifetime until we elected Donald Trump.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,761,678 times
Quote:
I know Trump's personality was a major issue for some. so that's his personality.. I can handle someone who does a good job but has a bombastic personality. What policies do you think Biden will do that will affect us in a good way? not just "we got rid of Trump" but what will he actually do that you will like? One major thing Im hearing is that China (our enemy) is going to have more power on the USA (in a bad way) with Biden. What do you think about how China will fit in and will they control us in a bad way?
I hope he will preserve what's left of Obamacare, protect Social Security and Medicare, expand Medicaid, enact comprehensive immigration reform, rejoin the Paris climate accords, retaliate against Putin for putting a bounty on American troops, protect national parks and public lands from short-sighted exploitation of natural resources, appoint experienced, educated, qualified federal judges, not cozy up to murderous dictators, and restore America as a country other countries look up to.

He probably can't do all of that, but if he gives it his best shot I'll be proud of him.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:31 PM

18,291 posts, read 15,828,103 times
It doesn't matter who comes to terms with the results of the election.

The election is over, done. It's been decided with today's electoral college vote and will be affirmed by congress.

The presidency leaves the current holder on Jan 20, 2021, when the term ends, as detailed by the U.S. Constitution.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:47 PM

8,514 posts, read 8,879,856 times
China owns a lot of our debt because neither party would control defense spending, or domestic spending or raise enough taxes on anybody, especially the wealthy and major corporations.

How much it matters, is debatable. Moreso in short term than long-term. We keep making it work but I dunno about forever.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:19 PM

2,960 posts, read 2,910,185 times
A lot of things happening and quick. It's not a lack of evidence, it's so much it's like a freight train to the face.

If you're watching lamb-chop for news, make your surroundings safe in cause you seizure out

Old 12-15-2020, 12:56 AM

24,520 posts, read 33,392,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
None of that matters to me.

I don't want a man with Trump's character anywhere near that office. That's not negotiable either
I didn't want a man with Bill Clinton's (lack of) character near that office, too. Unfortunately, he was.

Old 12-17-2020, 03:38 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,782,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I didn't want a man with Bill Clinton's (lack of) character near that office, too. Unfortunately, he was.
That's cool. Clinton won a second term in spite of said objection.

Trump on the other hand is a loser.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:07 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,288,495 times
We now live in a world where the internet will tell you any "truth" you want to hear. If you like it and think the YouTube video is cool or the poorly-written "article" contains enough juicy words that you like to hear associated with the people you hate, it's your truth.

The very small people who post on IBBs like this, who cling to the idea that Trump somehow won re-election, have enough cynical backup from internet "sources" to sustain them until they die. They have every right to keep sending Trump money for his "legal efforts," whether they realize or not that the money is all going into Trump's pocket as a massive last hurrah grift.

The rest of us still have critical thinking skills. We understand logic, and if/then statements, and the principles of vetting information through multiple sources before we come to believe its truth.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:23 PM

6,831 posts, read 14,081,181 times
One thing I know for certain about Biden... He would never say he believes president Xi Jinping or Vladimir Putin over our American intelligence department. Trump has already failed this test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies