Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:59 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
So a Godly Christian will be ok killing a innocent baby?
I'm confused. When did Biden get an abortion or kill an innocent baby?

Also just because someone recognizes that it isn't YOUR decision when it comes to another woman's body or life doesn't mean they are ok with abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 06:12 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Biden is a regular church-goer, going to mass most Sundays."
What a hypocrite he is. The Catholic church is AGAINST abortion and he supports it!

He is just like may dem politicians who only go for political reasons.
No he doesn't don't be stupid. I don't personally like mushrooms but I can't force people to stop eating them or making them. Just because you accept women might make difficult choices with thier own life doesn't mean you are ok with it.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
No he doesn't don't be stupid. I don't personally like mushrooms but I can't force people to stop eating them or making them. Just because you accept women might make difficult choices with thier own life doesn't mean you are ok with it.
They are making difficult choices for someone else’s life also. I not saying I’m opposed to early-term abortion, but let’s not whitewash it so as to pretended that a life was not stopped in its tracks.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:21 AM

4,192 posts, read 2,514,758 times
And yet sometimes getting an abortion is the moral choice. At Ravensbrück concentration camp, so many pregnant women were arriving that authorities let them give birth knowing the babies would die of starvation since their mother's had no milk. At Auschwitz, the Germans had a different approach, kill pregnant women thus exterminating both the mother and child. Jewish women were faced with a dilemma of whether to abort and be able to have a child later and thus help save the faith or die. Physicians like Gisella Perl had to help in this terrible choice. I am not sure what the Roman Catholic Church's view on this is.

(Note I use the term Roman Catholic; Anglicans and Eastern Orthodox are also Catholic, but not Roman Catholic.)

Old 12-14-2020, 06:32 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
I'm confused. When did Biden get an abortion or kill an innocent baby?

Also just because someone recognizes that it isn't YOUR decision when it comes to another woman's body or life doesn't mean they are ok with abortion.
The point is, the baby has hi/her own body, and when you refuse to protect the innocent, that is not Being Christian.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:33 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
And yet sometimes getting an abortion is the moral choice. At Ravensbrück concentration camp, so many pregnant women were arriving that authorities let them give birth knowing the babies would die of starvation since their mother's had no milk. At Auschwitz, the Germans had a different approach, kill pregnant women thus exterminating both the mother and child. Jewish women were faced with a dilemma of whether to abort and be able to have a child later and thus help save the faith or die. Physicians like Gisella Perl had to help in this terrible choice. I am not sure what the Roman Catholic Church's view on this is.

(Note I use the term Roman Catholic; Anglicans and Eastern Orthodox are also Catholic, but not Roman Catholic.)
I don’t believe any women now are facing this happening to them, I’m not talking about rape/incest either.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:35 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It looks like he possibly could.

Unlike most presidents of recent vintage, Biden is a regular church-goer, going to mass most Sundays. The same can't be said of most recent president. Not even Bush #2, in spite of being an evangelical protestant, got to church on a regular basis. I'm not sure, but I think you might have to go back to Jimmy Carter to find a president who attended church services regularly.

Granted, the office of POTUS restricts what one can publicly do. But at least it's his plan to attend some church in DC on a regular basis.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/13/polit...ith/index.html

Bush was a religious man and attended church regularly. Obama and Trump didn't.
That's really not so long ago.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:54 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The point is, the baby has hi/her own body, and when you refuse to protect the innocent, that is not Being Christian.
Would you please define the innocent for me. Truly, it's confusing. When does a child cease being innocent?

Contrarian 2s? Foot stomping toddler?

At what age should the child be when I can I feel OK about ignoring or abandoning non innocent children?

Old 12-14-2020, 06:59 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I think the question the OP posed was simply will he be the only President to attend church regularly since Jimmy Carter. I believe that's the case. And speaking of which, he may not have been the best president we've had, but he's probably the best person, in terms of his humanity, to fill that role in my lifetime (meaning Jimmy Carter).
George and Laura Bush attended church regularly.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:01 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It looks like he possibly could.

Unlike most presidents of recent vintage, Biden is a regular church-goer, going to mass most Sundays. The same can't be said of most recent president. Not even Bush #2, in spite of being an evangelical protestant, got to church on a regular basis. I'm not sure, but I think you might have to go back to Jimmy Carter to find a president who attended church services regularly.

Granted, the office of POTUS restricts what one can publicly do. But at least it's his plan to attend some church in DC on a regular basis.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/13/polit...ith/index.html
Does it matter if POTUS attends church on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies