Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 04:53 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,223,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It looks like he possibly could.

Unlike most presidents of recent vintage, Biden is a regular church-goer, going to mass most Sundays. The same can't be said of most recent president. Not even Bush #2, in spite of being an evangelical protestant, got to church on a regular basis. I'm not sure, but I think you might have to go back to Jimmy Carter to find a president who attended church services regularly.

Granted, the office of POTUS restricts what one can publicly do. But at least it's his plan to attend some church in DC on a regular basis.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/13/polit...ith/index.html

The Catholic Church stated Joe Biden is a lousy Christian and is not allowed to take communion. Biden is not right with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 05:01 PM

42,001 posts, read 75,358,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
The vast majority use their religion when it suits them. I
That "quality" is not limited to practicing Catholics. But we are none of us perfect.

There's a lot I don't like about the Catholic Church. Do I wish the church was different in some ways? Sure, but I consider Catholicism something that my ancestors handed down to me, not unlike the shape of my nose or the color of my eyes.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:03 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
Bill Clinton regularly attended church as President, so not all the way back to Jimmy Carter.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:06 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,527,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
So a Godly Christian will be ok killing a innocent baby?

No, a "Godly Christian" realizes NO religion's dogma should be the basis for US law.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:09 PM

20,903 posts, read 9,605,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Catholic Church stated Joe Biden is a lousy Christian and is not allowed to take communion. Biden is not right with God.
There was a particular pastor at one church in South Carolina who refused to give him communion.

But Biden himself is a member of the Catholic Church who belongs to a parish in Wilmington, where he receives communion all the time.

The fact he is a member of the Catholic church tells you he is, in fact, eligible to take communion.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

And the organization that protected predator priests is right with God? Seems the church should remember Matthew 7:1-3: Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
May be not you but the piece was gushing with praise over Biden's church attendance. And who said we should keep religion to ourselves?

"For Joe, faith is both a private devotion -- he prays regularly, he goes to church. But it's also public. "

Apparently not Biden. We should be reminded weekly that he attends mass.

Well,there was Matthew who said: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:21 PM

1,492 posts, read 485,861 times
They are praising Joe as a holy man and regular church goer, while Joe called his campaign the campaign of light...

...I figure they can fight over who is the light. They have their world. Who will consume who.

When things are dim, you can see many different lights.

When things are brilliantly bright, you can only behold the One Light. Consumed. Shechinah.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:22 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,530,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Not really. I just call a hypocrite a hypocrite.

The vast majority use their religion when it suits them. I know you’re not a full catholic... you’d be more willing to help the needy if you were. Another example was woman I was seeing for a bit a couple years ago. I knew she was a bit... on the easy side who went on a rant about how catholic she was. You can’t pick and choose what teachings you follow is my point. It’s all or nothing if you want to claim to be fully invested in it.

It’s fine to be a catholic in name only Rachel... most are... just own it is my point. Don’t hide from it.
This is just TOO funny! You are accusing me of not being a full Catholic? Why would you assume I’m Catholic at all? I simply defended Catholics against people such as you who have disdain for them.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:25 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,119,178 times
this is the type of "coverage" Biden will be getting for his term
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies