Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 10:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good point.

Corporations got a large, permanent tax cut.

Taxpayers got a far smaller, and temporary tax cut (starts phasing out in 2021), and the bill for the corporate tax cut.

Such a deal.
Do you honestly believe it would have been any different had a democrat been president?! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 11:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Trump's Final Days of Rage and Denial ...

This irrational response by Trump to the election is not driven by ego, but by fear.

Seal live persons into a casket (it has happened, unfortunately) lower them into the grave and start shoveling dirt in and those persons will act in a most irrational manner, clawing away at the casket til they lose all their fingernails and blood is dripping into their face. It is totally irrational because everyone knows they will never get out under their own power. They lack the means and in reality they know it.

They will claw and scream themselves into exhaustion. They will pray and they will curse.

That's Trump.

So why Trump? Other presidents have left office and not acted so bizarrely, many have lost their bids for a second term. They didn't make all kinds of phony allegation about voter fraud, crazy court cases based upon nothing, secret cabals to arrest their opponents ... they just accepted the reality, choked back a tear, bit their lip and moved on ...

So why Trump?

Trump is afraid. He knows what awaits him.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good point.

Corporations got a large, permanent tax cut.

Taxpayers got a far smaller, and temporary tax cut (starts phasing out in 2021), and the bill for the corporate tax cut.

Such a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you honestly believe it would have been any different had a democrat been president?! lol
Yes, it would have been different.

'Trickle Down' is a Republican thing ... Voodoo economics is a Republican thing. This was Paul Ryan's thing, his baby, his pride and joy. Mitch McConnell fought for it and Trump was very happy to sign it. The only opponents were Democrats.

The Democrats have always opposed 'Trickle Down' Supply Side Economics. The Republicans have always promoted it.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:04 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
trump has lost it....but he ain't wrong. voting is superfluous from now on because democrats cheat.

I no longer trust our election process.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump has lost it....but he ain't wrong. voting is superfluous from now on because democrats cheat.

I no longer trust our election process.
If you don't want to vote, then don't vote. Nothing would make me happier.

But the Democrats have not been cheating, Trump has hoaxed you. The US Federal government itself, run by Trump appointees, says the election was most secure and unaffected by widespread voter fraud. Exactly the opposite of what Trump has been claiming.

You need to examine Trump's motives for lying to you, because the examinations of the election have all been done and there was no cheating.

~

I posted this in another place, but it is relevant here ...

"No Fraud. The Department of Homeland Security said so. Most secure election ever, they said.

No Fraud. The Department of Justice said so. No widespread fraud that would have affected the outcome, and no charges to make ... against anyone.

The aforementioned are run by Republicans, appointed by Trump. Their statements say you are all wet. If they agreed with you, you would be quoting them right here, for sure.

No Fraud. The states said so, they all certified, even under unrelenting pressure from the white house, even under death threats. All of them have had Republican involvement in the process, and some of them have Republicans all the way up to governor."

Old 12-20-2020, 12:47 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If you don't want to vote, then don't vote. Nothing would make me happier.

But the Democrats have not been cheating...
I am a white, middle class, married, mother, professional, law abiding, taxpaying republican. of course me not voting "would make you happier". I'm the enemy.

apparently you are not reading anything but mainstream media.

the democrats did cheat.

done.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-20-2020 at 12:57 PM..

Old 12-20-2020, 12:51 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,375,111 times
Who is Peter Baker?

Old 12-20-2020, 01:25 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
I am a white, middle class, married, mother, professional, law abiding, taxpaying republican. of course me not voting "would make you happier". I'm the enemy.

the democrats did cheat.

done.
So where is the credible evidence that convinced you of this?

Old 12-20-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:

the democrats did cheat.

done.
You are NOT my enemy. I don't have enemies here.

Besides, we are very much alike, except that I am male.

But if you want to support that miscreant amoral bastard in the white house, of course I hope you don't vote. I would be delighted if all of you misguided Trumpie cultists didn't vote. It would make our republic safer.

So take a clue: believe in our free and fair elections and vote! If you want others to support your favorite candidates when they win, support the candidates that win. It is the beauty of our republic and our tradition of peaceful transfer of power.

Now you can answer post number 68. We are awaiting your response.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:38 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are NOT my enemy. I don't have enemies here.

Besides, we are very much alike, except that I am male.

But if you want to support that miscreant amoral bastard in the white house, of course I hope you don't vote. I would be delighted if all of you misguided Trumpie cultists didn't vote. It would make our republic safer.

So take a clue: believe in our free and fair elections and vote! If you want others to support your favorite candidates when they win, support the candidates that win. It is the beauty of our republic and our tradition of peaceful transfer of power.

Now you can answer post number 68. We are awaiting your response.
Well said.

Although a lifelong D, I have stepped across and voted R a few important times in local/state contests. I never saw the "other" side as the enemy all my life. The past 4 years has really made that difficult sometimes for one reason and one reason only. I'll just never understand how DJT is the so-called republican hill his followers want to die on. I mean...HIM?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies