Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 03:40 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the democrats did cheat.

done.
No they didn't.

Done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 03:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Well said.

Although a lifelong D, I have stepped across and voted R a few important times in local/state contests.

I'll just never understand how DJT is the so-called republican hill his followers want to die on.
I started supporting the Republicans in my mid thirties, about thirty or so years ago. For a long while I identified as one, but in my state one does not register by party, the only indicator is which ballot one asks for in the primary election, and that is no guarantee of anything. It happened gradually, but I first went that way as Pro-Life and the owner of a small shop in the local Chamber of Commerce. Seemed like a good fit.

I have also split my ballot many times. But normally my small donations went to Republicans.

I started to become disillusioned with the party when I became convinced global warming was a serious problem, and I saw how the special interests turned the party against even believing it was a real issue. That was an early indicator of the craziness and detached reality we can see in Republicans today. Some of these people think one can pick one's own Truth like one picks out a pair of socks.

So in 2015 I decided I was not going to vote for any candidate that took a firm position denying Global Warming, and unfortunately the entire Republican ticket except for a few down ballot races was off limits. It was a big disappointment.

Trump getting the nomination was the last straw for me.

I am a Democrat since 2018. They now get my money and my vote.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:22 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Uhh, no. The check didn't come from Trump despite his insistence that it did. The check came from taxpayer money. He signed a package put to him by Congress.

His heart has never been in the right place. (does he have a heart?) He was concerned with himself alone. His base was way down on the list. He was never concerned with the majority of Americans that did not vote for him in 2016 or 2020.

If he had any heart or any love for this country, he'd stop with the nonsense lawsuits and concede an election he clearly lost. The DOJ and whatever the agency is that looks for fraud have both clearly said there was no fraud that would change the results of this election.
Right about the checks. Remember that the checks were delayed because Trump insisted that they have his name on it, as though it were a personal gift from him?

Old 12-31-2020, 07:19 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Right about the checks. Remember that the checks were delayed because Trump insisted that they have his name on it, as though it were a personal gift from him?
Yep, he want's credit for it. Typical Trump.

Trump also wants credit for a vaccine which his followers won't take for a disease which his followers won't take precautions for ... all because Trump initially denied it was a problem then denied it was a serious problem then as the whole damned scheme was blowing up in his face he would take no responsibility at all for it.

~

Trump's Final Days of Rage and Denial-irresponsible-trump.jpg

Old 12-31-2020, 09:27 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Even Chris Christie has broken with him calling Trump's legal theory absurd. No, the democrats are handling it right, ignoring Trump who is acting out more and more desperately. It will be a lot to clean up...sort of like a 10 year old having a tantrum and throwing glasses of pudding all over the walls.
Christie is another Romney, no Republican.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:33 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Christie is another Romney, no Republican.
What do you call William Barr? A Democrat?

Old 01-01-2021, 07:42 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Trump is tweeting nonstop nonsense.

And no wonder. He is about to lose his indictment protection and the financial picture is looking less rosy by the day.

Deutsche Bank is dumping bankers who worked with Trump and trying to sell off their loans to him.

Why they ever made loans to this notorious deadbeat is a mystery to be solved.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:26 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

and just made the right leadership gesture saying he - and WH staff that didn't need to - wouldn't go to the head of the line for the vaccine.
Deleted

Old 01-01-2021, 09:21 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
The news had video of him and Melania returning to the White House days ago. He, not answering questions, shoulders drawn, head down. Her, smiling and waving to the crowd. I don't think they are on the same page with this eminent departure.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:25 AM

26,586 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
...He, not answering questions, shoulders drawn, head down. Her, smiling and waving to the crowd. I don't think they are on the same page with this eminent departure.
2021 is going to be a very good year for the future Mr Melania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies