Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 11:23 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I'm a nationalist when it comes to American businesses. We should do everything we can to keep our businesses here in the states. Outsourcing might have boosted the stock market & the incomes of CEO's but it put millions out of work and forced millions into lower paying jobs.
I must point out the fundamental evil in your mind. You believe you are the master and you get to dictate how much a person is paid and how they must conduct their business.

The people are not your pet slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Minimum wage is NOT a new concept. ...it was around for years before I made my $2.85/hr detasseling corn. The U.S. economy didn't collapse when first implemented and won't collapse now.
Neither is slavery.

Minimum wage law is nothing but a small manifestation of slavery - you are forcing people to pay above a fair market rate for labor.

That is evil!

Old 12-17-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
If living on minimum wage is so wonderful that you want to lower it, why not just earn less and live this wonderful life you claim the poor have?
Who said living on the minimum wage is wonderful? Reading comprehension?

Old 12-17-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I disagree. That's never happened in the history of anywhere.
Neither was United States. It had never happened before.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:30 AM

2,400 posts, read 784,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That’s not very capitalistic. More workers also means more consumers which means more jobs. There isn’t a limited supply.
More consumers that don't have any money. Brilliant!!!

Old 12-17-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
More consumers that don't have any money. Brilliant!!!
Hey, brilliant. Money making is not a zero sum game.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:35 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Capitalism left unchecked will always devolve into fuedalisn.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:52 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Neither is slavery.

Minimum wage law is nothing but a small manifestation of slavery - you are forcing people to pay above a fair market rate for labor.

That is evil!
Just who exactly decides what a "fair market rate" is?

Old 12-17-2020, 01:04 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,730,079 times
I think the whole class warfare thing is stupid. If someone is successful they should not be taxed to death they should be rewarded.

Most jobs are created by wealthy people Jeff bezos, the Walton's created millions of jobs no one is forced to work for them. When you punish people for their wealth. tax them, their business that's less money going in to the business and in compensating working class people.

Do I think they should pay zero in taxes? no but don't just create burdensome taxes to punish people because they are wealthy. I'm not for corporate welfare but also not for punishing people for creating jobs being wealthy.

You see it with all these companies fleeing Cali right now the unfriendly business environment is destroying jobs and hurts the poor much more

Old 12-17-2020, 02:18 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I think the whole class warfare thing is stupid. If someone is successful they should not be taxed to death they should be rewarded.

Most jobs are created by wealthy people Jeff bezos, the Walton's created millions of jobs no one is forced to work for them. When you punish people for their wealth. tax them, their business that's less money going in to the business and in compensating working class people.

Do I think they should pay zero in taxes? no but don't just create burdensome taxes to punish people because they are wealthy. I'm not for corporate welfare but also not for punishing people for creating jobs being wealthy.

You see it with all these companies fleeing Cali right now the unfriendly business environment is destroying jobs and hurts the poor much more
I'm a firm believer in KISS. to me the tax question is easily solved. Just have a flat tax rate on ALL income. Not just wages. In fact every year simply tax a persons net worth. Your net worth is $500,000 tax rate is 10% you pay $50,000. Your net worth is $50,000 You pay $5000...........and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies