Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 09:06 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Uh, its not 'murder, and rioting'...when people are defending the security of the nation!!!

If you believe this, then you also likely disagree with how America gained her independence...after all, this involved people taking up arms, killing other people, disobedience, destruction of property, and so on! I guess you all consider this 'terrorism'...right?
Except they weren’t defending freedom or liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 11:57 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
I have visited 18 countries, but not found one that I like better than the USA.
Oh I don't know. There's something about Edinburg in Scotland. Even the homeless guys living in tents in that spooky grave yard were nice. Oh wait. I don't think they celebrate Halloween. Deal breaker.

I don't think anyone really means it when they sat they're going to move because of who is president. I don't get this not my president narrative either.

I'm not leaving this great country. We've been down before be it a financial crisis, a bad president and now this pandemic. We are resilient. We will rise again out of the ashes.

Ahh Edinburg. It still calls to me to come for a visit, but, there's no place like home. Even if I didn't recognize it for awhile. Even those ruby red slippers couldn't bring it back these last four long years.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:16 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
We will rise again out of the ashes.
What ashes? Joe Biden is Republican-lite. He isn't some radical. He is Hillary Clinton.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:54 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Has there been screaming and crying in the streets, buildings windows being broken, freeways blocked by those protesting the outcome like your side did in the last election?
Worse. There was an insurrection by Trump supporters and 5 people died. The Capital was broken into while congress was in session. Too many broken windows to count. Looting occurred and the violent mob chanted "Hang Mike Pence". Police were attacked by the angry mob and many police were hospitalized and 2 officers died.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:26 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
I have visited 18 countries, but not found one that I like better than the USA.
Well keep looking. I have been all over the Med, North Atlantic, and Asia. I have found a few I like a lot. Not more, but in different ways.

I loved Singapore. Great food, super clean and super safe. Too expensive to retire there.

I liked Spain, Italy and parts of France.

I loved England.

I liked the PI loved Thailand.

I like Vietnam also.

Do you know what the best part about other countries is? Very few Democratic or Republican hardliners. Very few Trumpers.

Where I live is about 40% of the cost of living of the small town I lived in in the states. You live damned good on $2500 a month. I normally only spend $1500. We eat out at least 25x a month and eat well. And no Trumpers or hardliners. I love the States, especially Wyoming. I hate the Hardliners and their absolute nonsense.

If a bunch of Trumpers do leave the states I hope they go anywhere but here. We dont need their brand of insanity.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:50 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,586 times
I don’t recall and snowflakes stating they would move if Biden won. Now on the other hand the idiots stayed 4 years ago who said they were leaving

Old 01-17-2021, 09:55 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
You mean, are we letting those who committed the fraud, to drive us from our own homes?

Why would we do that? We're not the ones who committed the crimes and damaged the country.

We're waiting patiently to prosecute and punish the ones who did it, just as we would to any low criminal.

Once they get out of jail, they're welcome to stay. If they WANT to leave the country, they're welcome do that instead, too.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:00 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No. They couldn't. But you have to excuse the libs. They think that every country has as crappy of border security and immigration laws as we do.

Actually, I would love to go to, say, southern Chile or Argentina to the Patagonia/Tierra del Fuego region. Or in the straights down by Punta Arenas, Chile. But they don't want Gringos unless they are quite rich (funny how that is important to other countries but not us--we take any old deadbeat). Especially now with the covid thing. And politically, not the best place to be... of course the USA isn't anymore either. So, no, I'll just have to stay here. If the libs don't like it, they get the middle finger.
and sondo you. Mazel tav

Old 01-17-2021, 10:02 PM

77 posts, read 32,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I remember in 2016 many said if Trump got elected they would leave the country. I wonder how many actually did so?

Now we have Trump screaming fraud with all of his followers in total belief of it. Since no one will take your side, are you mad enough that it's time to find greener pastures in another country since you feel democracy isn't working in your own country?
Maybe they can scale trumps wall, and move to Mexico.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:04 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I remember in 2016 many said if Trump got elected they would leave the country. I wonder how many actually did so?

Now we have Trump screaming fraud with all of his followers in total belief of it. Since no one will take your side, are you mad enough that it's time to find greener pastures in another country since you feel democracy isn't working in your own country?
A childish and provocative and trollish post.

But I'll answer.

No, I have no plans to leave the country which has given me so very much and which I love with all my heart. I don't love everybody in it and I sure don't know a considerable percentage of the people elected to run it. One good thing about America is that it's not only big, but it's big enough that most people can find a niche where they are sufficiently "at home."

It's not that "democracy isn't working" - it's that the system has been corrupted by people who pretend they care about transparency and justice but who are corrupt. I don't expect you to agree, so there's no need to say anything further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies