Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2022, 08:08 AM

17,663 posts, read 14,802,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This pandemic is making a lot of money for a lot of people.

Nor much done to improve healthcare though.
Fixed it.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:10 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,997,008 times
My employer just retracted our Phase I which was a voluntary come back into the office for any position that wanted to. Now they had a mandatory Phase II for a few specific positions (not mine) that came out way too early. This is one I tried to help fight down via our union but because they sent it out prematurely before we could even discuss it, a few people got scared and went to get vaccinated. One woman even in tears on a separate call saying she didnt want to because she is trying to get pregnant. Now that phase has been delayed to May 2022 at the earliest when initially Phase II was supposed to start yesterday.

Some people really miss the micro-managing of others in the office and have a hard time seeing patterns to predict the future. I told them this would happen (rise in cases) because it's the winter time when people so best to just wait. And one of the other supervisors on our call had the nerve to say only unvaccinated are getting sick. I had to shut that down quick lol.

I just don't miss the office at all. Some of these people I consider real smart yet they fall for the propaganda and still want shower praise anytime someone mentions they got a booster. These vaccines have created this real religious cult vibe with folks and they don't see it.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:25 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
My employer just retracted our Phase I which was a voluntary come back into the office for any position that wanted to. Now they had a mandatory Phase II for a few specific positions (not mine) that came out way too early. This is one I tried to help fight down via our union but because they sent it out prematurely before we could even discuss it, a few people got scared and went to get vaccinated. One woman even in tears on a separate call saying she didnt want to because she is trying to get pregnant. Now that phase has been delayed to May 2022 at the earliest when initially Phase II was supposed to start yesterday.

Some people really miss the micro-managing of others in the office and have a hard time seeing patterns to predict the future. I told them this would happen (rise in cases) because it's the winter time when people so best to just wait. And one of the other supervisors on our call had the nerve to say only unvaccinated are getting sick. I had to shut that down quick lol.

I just don't miss the office at all. Some of these people I consider real smart yet they fall for the propaganda and still want shower praise anytime someone mentions they got a booster. These vaccines have created this real religious cult vibe with folks and they don't see it.
It's the scientology playbook gone mainstream.

1. Do not look at any other source of information.
2. Believe everything we tell you.
3. Do exactly as we say.
4. Anyone who doesn't believe is wrong.
5. Anyone who doesn't't believe gets kicked out of the club
6. Only communicate with those the club.
7. Anyone kicked out of the club is to be shamed, insulted, screamed at, and stalked so the aforementioned acts can be performed.

It's to. the. letter.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:26 AM

8,425 posts, read 4,600,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It is quite possible with the Omicron surge today, that in an area of older mostly vaccinated folks, that many current local hospital admits are vaccinated.

Where I live in a relatively unvaccinated rural area we are still seeing the opposite. In fact Omicron is just coming in now.

How do you know they are Omicron in your rural setting?

Old 01-11-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meengla View Post
There is no such provision, of course. We are all on our own. But my company is sending test kits to those who refuse to vaccinate but would take the weekly tests. That's great.

That is good. My GF's company is accepting only their in-house tests (at $75 a week) or a clinics. No home test kits allowed.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
More than likely the Omicron will make the Mandates even more useless. We should all hope that continues.

But that's not what is happening.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:35 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,809,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Yeah. We’re seeing a doubling down of mandates, not a repeal.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:39 AM

18,889 posts, read 8,538,633 times
Quote:
How do you know they are Omicron in your rural setting?
They've been sending out samples to reference labs. In our local news today they report our first Omicron case. So our numbers still reflect the Delta, where deaths are still heavily weighted toward the unvaxed.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:40 AM

388 posts, read 277,034 times
Quote:
That is good. My GF's company is accepting only their in-house tests (at $75 a week) or a clinics. No home test kits allowed.
Ouch!! Mine is a MAJOR health insurance company itself and they can not only afford free testing but I believe they are genuinely a pro-employee company, within corporate limitations, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's the scientology playbook gone mainstream.

1. Do not look at any other source of information.
2. Believe everything we tell you.
3. Do exactly as we say.
4. Anyone who doesn't believe is wrong.
5. Anyone who doesn't't believe gets kicked out of the club
6. Only communicate with those the club.
7. Anyone kicked out of the club is to be shamed, insulted, screamed at, and stalked so the aforementioned acts can be performed.

It's to. the. letter.
Yes.
People and herd-mentality! Can we look back at the craze over the hand sanitizers and the relentless cleaning of countertops and tables and chairs in public places not so long ago? While it's good to clean stuff, the idea that an airborne virus would be slowed down from such measures started to sound absurd--but only after many, many months later! How many such instances of group-think and absurdities are still lurking around in our daily lives and in our collective souls? There are indeed some Antivaxxers who believe that vaccines have chips and other bizarre conspiracy theories but I think many Vaxxers are equally, if not even more, anti-science and brainwashed.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:42 AM

18,889 posts, read 8,538,633 times
Quote:
It of course takes some time to discuss and then implement a Mandate. And the discussion may be including data and information weeks or more old. So I would anticipate that if the Omicron continues to act in a more benign fashion, Mandates will hopefully begin to fall by the wayside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies