Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 08:28 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The burden of proof your side demands is so ridiculously high, when it comes to vaccines, that if we applied the same standards to Covid19, we would probably have no confirmed deaths from Covid19 in this country.

You also require some public health organization, whose obvious goal now is to push vaccines and lower hesitancy, to confirm if these deaths are linked to the vaccines - which if weren't due to the vaccines represent extreme coincidences. Absence of any report on these deaths, you dismiss them as coincidences.
Well said. I agree.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:29 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,057,416 times
Quote:
Tyrannical, like coercing people into vaccinating?
Rational persuasion is not coercion. Irrational persuasion isn’t either, so keep trying that, and keep losing. Reality has a way of rewarding those that recognize it and act in accordance with it.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:29 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,273 times
I must say as an analogy.

A newly built plane [new model] falls out of the sky. No cause. No one knows why.

What the NTSB usually does is ground the planes until cause can be established. But if they were to follow CDC protocols, they would do nothing, instead say "there are X plane crashes" so maybe it's just a coincidence. We will wait for more crashes to see if there is a pattern.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:30 AM

2,335 posts, read 817,072 times
Quote:
In my state [Florida], the governor has banned businesses from requiring vaccine passports. So in all likelihood that will never happen in Florida.
Texas has a similar ban on these groups trying to implement punitive measures through vaccine passports.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:30 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,260,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missterri View Post
while we wait, let’s not vaccinate kids.
+1.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:32 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,057,416 times
Quote:

A newly built plane [new model] falls out of the sky. No cause. No one knows why.

What the NTSB usually does is ground the planes until cause can be established. But if they were to follow CDC protocols, they would do nothing, instead say "there are X plane crashes" so maybe it's just a coincidence. We will wait for more crashes to see if there is a pattern.
Except that the NTSB follows the actual evidence and tries to determine what is true and real. Kind of the polar opposite of what anti-vaxxers do, and have always done. It’s kind of their thing.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times
Quote:

And if the vaccine were STILL in actual clinical trials, they would be investigated.

Since they are EUA, the reporting of deaths does not seem to be any issue whatsoever.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:36 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
While we wait, let’s not vaccinate kids.
Vaccinating kids is unnecessary. At this point in time anyway. We can apply a wait and see approach, to see if we attain herd immunity via vaccinating adults. Once we go through the Adult population, we can re-evaluate based on virus circulation rates and data on kids.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times
Quote:
Vaccinating kids is unnecessary. At this point in time anyway. We can apply a wait and see approach, to see if we attain herd immunity via vaccinating adults. Once we go through the Adult population, we can re-evaluate based on virus circulation rates and data on kids.
That’s logical to me but apparently not good enough for those who insist we must vaccinate every human on earth in order to keep them extra safe in case their vaccine doesn’t work.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:40 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,352,541 times
Quote:
Yes, that's right, they look for patterns. They don't crack each case individually. The report that Suzy linked to had them take all VAERs reports from 1997-2013 and crunch patterns and report "nothing is alarming."

If anyone is thinking they're doing a postmortem on these reports, they're sadly mistaken. Which is why I keep asking for the individual reports. I know they don't exist and will never exist.

Comparing incidences of blood clots in the vaccinated vs overall population will mean we will have to wait until the pandemic is over for that data. That's simply unacceptable.
From what I've seen the medical community has not been waiting until the pandemic is over to investigate with the JnJ temporary hold an example. That allowed the issue to be publicized and for information to be disseminated on how best to treat those specific clots. The casual nexus if one exists may remain undiscovered but that hold was a reasonable and even necessary step.

Not clear to me how one would wait for the pandemic to be over to have better data. Most, in theory, would prefer to have multiple years of data before personally vaccinating (HPV vaccine. comes to mind) or trying any new medical procedure or intervention. For others "to go first" if only for proven efficacy.

I, for one, would not have wanted to wait in this situation for this disease. If these case-specific reports will "never exist" then why focus on the covid vaccines during this pandemic?

It sounds like some are trying to say the absence of this type of reporting is an attempt to manipulate the public or to benefit the vaccine industry. My guess is it's a totally unrealistic demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.