Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 08:32 AM

18,837 posts, read 8,492,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This is fake news. We already covered that.
How is it fake?

Old 07-30-2021, 08:33 AM

17,446 posts, read 14,686,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I've been saying this since the Pandemic started. And why Trump is out. When the Pubs turn and finally agree stay on point with the Pandemic as Job #1, they may come back into favor.
Translation: "as soon as everyone agrees with the Democrats, things will be better."

Old 07-30-2021, 08:35 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,512,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
People not going back into the office is a HUGE problem. (I'm not blaming you or your wife by the way.)

So many businesses in city centers are dependent on the 9-5 office population - restaurants, retail businesses, etc. If we transition to a mostly work-from-home society, our urban centers are going to be gutted.
I see what you are saying and we discussed this a lot on the Work & Employment threads.

For many people downtowns were dying PRE Covid. WFH isn't the problem. I work downtown (small town no less) and refuse to shop there. Haven't for years. Due to no enforcement of laws anymore, drug addicts and their needles are everywhere. One of my coworkers was attacked too. No thank you.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:36 AM

18,837 posts, read 8,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
One study was for four months, and I think the second was for a shorter period (14 weeks?). With the vaccines waning, combined with the delta, it could end up being different at six, nine, or 12 months. We're now approaching six months past when many got the vaccines.

At this point, when someone announces they are 'fully vaccinated' to me, that only means they are protected from hospitalization and death... for the time being. We really don't know much beyond that. I don't assume they are less likely to infect me.
It is revealing itself as a potential major Pandemic complication. Next step IMO is jab #3 starting soon for the higher risks. Pfizer plans no change with #3. Others may look at editing the mRNA, but that may take longer.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
Quote:
I've been saying this since the Pandemic started. And why Trump is out. When the Pubs turn and finally agree stay on point with the Pandemic as Job #1, they may come back into favor.
Biden is doing such a great job.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:37 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,584,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Education is the biggest factor. People who lack a college education of all races are more likely to say no to the vaccine. So its white Trump voters and blacks and Hispanics who lack a college degree. Asians are by far more vaccinated than other races.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
Good point.
I have many Republican friends and every one of them got vaccinated, but they also are all college educated.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:38 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,915,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you don't trust Johns Hopkins who do you trust? Do your own work.

https://www.jhsph.edu/faculty/direct.../sabra-l-klein
Its not research on that particular topic published by John Hopkins. Its from a professor at the university whose three publications are not on that particular subject.

I'm not saying I don't trust any accredited research, I'm saying I have yet to see it. Did you happen to see the publication anywhere on her bio. I did not.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:39 AM

17,446 posts, read 14,686,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I see what you are saying and we discussed this a lot on the Work & Employment threads.

For many people downtowns were dying PRE Covid. WFH isn't the problem. I work downtown (small town no less) and refuse to shop there. Haven't for years. Due to no enforcement of laws anymore, drug addicts and their needles are everywhere. One of my coworkers was attacked too. No thank you.
The lack of people is definitely a crime issue as well.

My own kid has been assaulted in NYC. Once, punched in the face.

The second time was a couple of weeks ago - and it was a near miss. Crazy man swung. My kid ducked and ran like hell.

And both instances were in previously very safe parts of Manhattan.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:43 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times
Quote:
Trump was 'out' in November if memory serves me correctly. Wasn't there an election or something like that at that time?
I do believe that was before the onset of the pandemic.
The only ones Republications are out of favor with is Democrats.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:43 AM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
All medicine, medical treatment has risk. Right now being unvaccinated and unmasked is the most dangerous Covid related risk there is. The average rates of hospitalizations (something like 96%) are unvaccinated people.
So sad.
Dying from spite really makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.