Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 08:47 AM

43,539 posts, read 18,611,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Why would this document have to be "leaked"? First of all, it's pretty much common knowledge. Second, it's the CDC's job to disseminate this sort of information, not hide it until it is "leaked". Sheesh. Maybe because they believe data that is "leaked" it is more believable? I'm starting to think these agencies are doing everything in their power to appear untrustworthy or they are the most incompetent people on earth.
Well let's see if they "submit" this study.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:47 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,520,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The lack of people is definitely a crime issue as well.

My own kid has been assaulted in NYC. Once, punched in the face.

The second time was a couple of weeks ago - and it was a near miss. Crazy man swung. My kid ducked and ran like hell.

And both instances were in previously very safe parts of Manhattan.
Wow. So sorry to hear that. Can't elaborate much as OT, but just noting that (at least in my case) until the downtown business owners stand up to the woke mob that have taken over city council and allows this I won't venture out of my office and shop anywhere. I have to look out for myself. BTW, more people walking around don't help IME. Pre Covid they were shooting up at noon out in the open. (SMH)

Old 07-30-2021, 08:48 AM

47,052 posts, read 26,155,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
However - it's been well established that the CDC, following the WHO, decided to count people as covid deaths that did NOT die from covid.
"It's been well established" is a weasel term. But nice use of the passive.

Quote:
It's been discussed by many on this forum.
A very low bar to clear. I could make a list longer than my arm covering the idiotic theories that have been discussed on this forum.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
we are also footing the bill for people who eat or drink too much, what is your point?
No, we aren't. If you're hospitalized from alcohol-related causes, you and your estate gets the bill. If you're hospitalized from Covid, the taxpayer gets the bill. Is this difficult?

I guess you can look at it as a way to get your taxes back - having Uncle Sam covering a self-inflicted ICU stay probably counts as a win in the heads of some.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:54 AM

12,067 posts, read 6,617,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
She’s already censured/blocked by Twitter and the Dems.
Can you tell us what she said in her post?

Old 07-30-2021, 09:00 AM

12,993 posts, read 9,720,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I know people that have been obsessed with wearing masks and not being close to anybody and getting the vaccines and THEY are the ones getting sick. Then people like me who are not doing those things are staying healthy.
This seem to be a universal saying by all anti vaccine people, I hear almost the exact same thing all the time from those against the vaccine.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:03 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,344,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
She’s already censured/blocked by Twitter and the Dems.
Can you tell us what she said in her post?
Bitchute has it - this is the exact same video.

For all lovers of truth, regardless of your background.... race, age, creed, party affiliation, it does not matter! pastedownload(dot)com works to download/save videos from almost any platform, including Twitter!

Old 07-30-2021, 09:06 AM

3,535 posts, read 1,450,482 times
This whole forcing people to get vaccinated is getting out of hand. Look, I'm in favor of people getting vaccinated, but the Democrats are taking it too far by literally forcing them to get vaccinated if they want to keep their jobs.

The crazy thing is that these people think we're going to end this pandemic if everyone in the country gets vaccinated. Lets look at the best case scenario where 90% or so of Americans get vaccinated, what about other countries?? Our borders are still open, so even if Americans are vaccinated, this virus is still lingering and mutating outside the US. And it can mutate, evade our vaccines and pour into our country.

So forcing vaccines to Americans is not the answer. We need to get everyone vaccinated GLOBALLY to put this pandemic to end. So we need to work with other countries too; not just force it on Americans.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I know people that have been obsessed with wearing masks and not being close to anybody and getting the vaccines and THEY are the ones getting sick. Then people like me who are not doing those things are staying healthy.
And today we learn why anecdotes aren't data. I do hope you wash your hands, though.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:17 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,150,362 times
The CDC needs to stop saying that breakthrough is rare & that they are "unclear" about how common it is.

By April, they KNEW there had been 10,262 breakthrough cases with a 2% mortality rate which is HIGHER than the national mortality rate for covid. And this was when people's vaccines hadn't started waning, like they are now & when the Beta variant, which is less transmissible than Delta is, was predominant:

Quote:
A total of 10,262 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections had been reported from 46 U.S. states and territories as of April 30, 2021. Among these cases, 6,446 (63%) occurred in females, and the median patient age was 58 years (interquartile range = 40–74 years). Based on preliminary data, 2,725 (27%) vaccine breakthrough infections were asymptomatic, 995 (10%) patients were known to be hospitalized, and 160 (2%) patients died.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7021e3_w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.