Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2021, 11:36 AM

18,566 posts, read 15,668,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
What part of "Infection is breaking through the fully vaccinated NOW" do people not get? The vaccinated who are continuing with this blind and selfish attitude may cause the virus to spread and mutate in worse ways than we can imagine. Not "me" saying this, but virologists have been trying to warn of it for a long time now. They have been criticized too.

Whatever, I give up. Y'all have fun at your super spreader parties...

https://i.imgflip.com/54sj0h.jpg
A vaccinated person is still more likely to get covid from an unvaccinated person than from another vaccinated person. The effect of the vaccines is cumulative and stronger when a higher % of the population gets the shot(s). Not 100% of course.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:36 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,920,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Rumble AND bitchute.

Can I get an Infowars for the trifecta?

Or a pinch of NY Times?

Oh wait, I forgot....Russiagate was totally real, Iraq really did have weapons of mass destruction, the Covington kids actually did harass that poor Indian dude...

It's amusing Lefties still think they are the ones who must police the "Fake News"....

Old 08-01-2021, 11:37 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,822,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
No one is claiming they are close to 99.5%. Pfizer started at 94% or 95% and said it dropped to 84% after 6 months. Still a lot better than the 0% protection you get as an unvaccinated person.
Israel and UK data show it dropped to 88% at six months and 16% to 39% at six months. Many unknowns with this vaccine both in terms of safety and efficacy.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
No, they don't. But you have to distinguish between deaths due to the vaccine and those due to other causes. Failure to even attempt this is spreading dangerous disinformation, or at least misleading information.
It doesn’t seem anyone is trying to determine if the deaths are related or not. No transparency, that is for sure. It doesn’t help that the CDC deleted reports by half either. Who is spreading dangerous disinformation? Not me.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:40 AM

7,254 posts, read 4,589,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Israel and UK data show it dropped to 88% at six months and 16% to 39% at six months. Many unknowns with this vaccine both in terms of safety and efficacy.
Yes check out Israel.. they have an 80% vaccination rate and the virus is spreading like wildfire there...

16,912 posts, read 10,638,278 times
As the saying goes, the world needs to poop or get off the pot. If we want to vanquish the virus we all vaccinate, mask up, and lock down hard for several months. Otherwise, we need to just go back to the way things were before Covid.
Moderators for US and World Forums

18,566 posts, read 15,668,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
That was never a concern when determining the number of people killed by covid. Failure to even attempt this is spreading dangerous disinformation, or at least misleading information.
False.

Death certificates will distinguish among causes of death and there are different protocols. The CDC has looked into these distinctions already.

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/h...-s-complicated

Quote:
A vaccinated person is still more likely to get covid from an unvaccinated person than from another vaccinated person. The effect of the vaccines is cumulative and stronger when a higher % of the population gets the shot(s). Not 100% of course.
Keep telling yourself that.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:41 AM

7,254 posts, read 4,589,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It doesn’t seem anyone is trying to determine if the deaths are related or not. No transparency, that is for sure. It doesn’t help that the CDC deleted reports by half either. Who is spreading dangerous disinformation? Not me.
I love how it is always "dangerous" disinformation.

Until the CDC takes these deaths from the vaccine seriously the unvaccinated are not going to get the vaccination.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:42 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,677,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So - we're not footing the bill?

A month in hospital due to Covid: Taxpayer pays.
A month in hospital due to alcoholism-related health problems: Insurance, or patient pays.
Let me start by saying i am pro vaccination, have received it in Dec 2020 and am a healthcare provider

The reality is that it does not matter what diagnosis you have. If you have insurance, the hospital will submit the claims to the insurance. Either private, but in many cases of alcohol / drug related issues it is usually Medicaid or Medicare + Medicaid or having no insurance.

Less than 1% of this group have assets worth the time and money for the hospital to go after the patient. It is like getting blood from a turnip. They write it off and sometimes get a small sum from the state for providing "uncompensated care". The people who get screwed are private practice health care providers who don't get this money from the state and billing the patient and sending to collections is a wasted effort. So just provide the services and consider it charity ( you cannot even claim it in your business taxes).

COVID-19 patients are no different. The same rules apply. If anything, the anti vaxxers are more likely to carry insurance than the chronic drug taking patient.

The tax payers pays in the end but the main group that will get hit are the private insured patients the next time around as the hospitals will charge the insurers more during the next round of negotiations and if they are the only game in town the insurers have no choice. They may have no choice but to accept it and pass it along to their insured customers in increased premiums, higher copays and higher deductibles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.