Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 06:06 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,177,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
False.

Hospitals are not being overrun. ICUs are. And with 3 beds for every 10,000 people, that shouldn't be much of a surprise.
ICU's for the most part are stable with average census. Certain parts of the country are being impacted.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:08 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,805,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
You must have missed what's been said over the last few pages. No need for everyone to repeat what's been said. Front line workers are apparently "typhoid mary" (talk about a lack of respect). And of course, back to the same false narrative. I understand though. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of you.

We've been advocating for them to NOT be fired for their vaccine choice. Whether it is a nurse, doctor, hospital janitor, police officer, grocery store clerk, warehouse worker...whoever. Each of them worked through the pandemic, and rather than 'thank you' they get "take the shot or get out." And then the hospitals and businesses complain about staff shortages? Not firing people would be a start.

People are not being realistic. Millions of Americans worked through the pandemic. They interacted with the public every day. In non-medical settings, all they had was a useless cloth mask between them and the cloud of virus. Many got sick and recovered--- so they don't want the shots. Society can't even cut them a break and give them a choice.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:08 AM

2,335 posts, read 820,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
ICU's for the most part are stable with average census. Certain parts of the country are being impacted.
Yes, but "hospitals" are fine. In fact, during the heart of the pandemic, many healthcare workers were actually out of work.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:10 AM

2,927 posts, read 3,116,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
The antivaxxers are all going to be miserably inconvenienced at best, or die at worst.

https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-po...c94361d92.html
First, I could care less if someone wants to get or doesn't want to get the vaccine.

But your poll. If you do not see how ludicrous it is to try to lay blame for controlyavirus cases on human beings, then I feel real real sorry for you.

As I said in another thread, when you/I/we can build from scratch a fully functioning human being ourselves, then humans can be the blame. But not until.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:14 AM

2,927 posts, read 3,116,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Does the GMO food alter human genes ? I don't get the connection here.
Just as a layman, no expert, but my understanding is that GMO means genetically altered, correct? And this vaccine is made from altered genes too, right?

Old 08-04-2021, 06:27 AM

7,186 posts, read 4,776,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
But that is what you are doing. There is only a couple reasons a anti vaxx person would be opining here.

1. To convince themselves they are making the right decision.
2. Trying to persuade others not to get the vaccine.

And #2 can be done in a passive aggressive manner. Simply posting endless links from others who claim the vaccine is dangerous or so called data from dubious sources. Why do that at all unless you are either trying to convince yourself you are making the right decision or trying to persuade others not to get the vaccine? You are planting doubt and confusion in some peoples minds. That is not any different than just directly saying don't get the vaccine. Its actually more effective. At least the pro vaccine folks on here are more direct with their intentions.

All the stories I have read about people who opted out of getting vaccinated then ending up in the hospital sick with covid say they read stuff online that planted doubt in their head about getting vaccinated. They were trying to wait it out for a while and decide. The kind of thing the anti vaxx folks do on here. Someone gets confused and is not sure what to believe and they opt out of the vaccine. Sometimes with tragic results.
Most people are intelligent enough to make up their own minds.
The squelching of free speech is abhorrent.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:38 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,805,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not just in Florida, unfortunately. I know antivaxxers who are laughing about pretending to be vaccinated and going into stores unmasked. They think it's hilarious that they can do it without being detected.

Yeah, this latest surge is just hilarious.

No honor indeed.
The vaccinated are also walking around without a mask, possibly spewing virus everywhere they go. No honor! It is a fact that any person, regardless of vaccine status, can have the virus and transmit it by breathing.

The whole issue of making ONLY unvaccinated people wear masks was not based in science. It was very likely a behaviorist psychological tool. They wanted to reward the vaccinated with freedoms, like a little treat they give rats in the lab. They wanted to punish the unvaccinated, like a tiny electric shock they give a rat in a lab. That would 'motivate' the unvaccinated to get the jabs, and stigmatize them. And it is the un-vaxxed who have 'no honor' for calling their bluff?

If you want to protect yourself, even though you have the vaccine, wear a tight fitting n95 mask. That's what I do in indoor crowded spaces, because the delta variant is all over. It's a personal choice.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:40 AM

17,792 posts, read 14,860,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Yes, yours.
Tell me what my concerns are.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:42 AM

8,434 posts, read 4,609,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Getting the vaccine is all about trusting your immune system.

All you're doing is giving your immune system a heads-up on what to be ready for. And then letting it do the rest.

It's like if you hire a handy man to fix your appliances, and you give them the instruction manual. That doesn't mean you don't trust your handyman, rather, you're trying to make his job easier by keeping him informed.

Only if in a certain (non-researched) number of cases the manual bursts into flames and engulfs the worker and your kitchen.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:45 AM

8,434 posts, read 4,609,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
Hopefully no one who is sane, is claiming that sick people should be denied medical treatment. Relax. But some here don't seem to know what is happening in hospitals, in communities, states and countries. The larger impact of that during a world pandemic, on society. And heaven forbid their own families, if there is inadequate care. It comes down to that.

I'm for the "side" of people staying healthy. While we uncomfortably wait to see what's next with this virus, I hope we can try to think through our options carefully. Let's all try to make truly informed decisions.

So about 1/3 of the people who are posting here are either insane, lying or are trolls. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.