Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 08:38 PM

8,188 posts, read 3,746,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I asked for a specific example, not more vague and embellished attacks.
Nah, it was specific enough. I'm not going to waste any more time to deal with nonsense.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:42 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,833,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Nah, it was specific enough. I'm not going to waste any more time to deal with nonsense.
If you can’t provide a specific example than please stop with the accusations.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:58 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,980,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Can you elaborate? The fox article says it cuts infection by 70%, but the study they link to is done in a petri dish. Did I miss something on this one?
Why do I need to elaborate? I don't know if you missed something or not. Clinical trials are underway. Stay tuned, or don't.

Quote:
Yeah, if everything done in a dish worked in vivo we would be free of all major diseases by now
And if nothing was done in a dish, we'd have nothing to help any except what nature gives us. Clinical trials are underway.

Quote:
Oh, just read your posts. Start with the imaginary 10s if thousands of deaths caused by the vaccine. Then continue with the nonsensical statement that Covid is ok, since only 1% of the infected die. Then proceed with the " vaccines don't work" when the hospitals are getting filled up with unvaccinated and almost all deaths are in that population. Then advertise treatments that are not proven to do anything for Covid patients. Etc.

I can continue for a long time, but what's the point.
You're right. There is no point, so.....why hang around?

Not "advertising" treatments, I was sharing an interesting article on the possibility of another therapy to help in the HORRENDOUS virus. With your sarcastic comment saying people think "Covid is ok....." YOU should be happy there are some interesting, promising possible therapies in trials. That's how it's done.

The beauty here, is you don't have to be here.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:14 PM

8,188 posts, read 3,746,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Why do I need to elaborate? I don't know if you missed something or not. Clinical trials are underway. Stay tuned, or don't.

And if nothing was done in a dish, we'd have nothing to help any except what nature gives us. Clinical trials are underway.

You're right. There is no point, so.....why hang around?

Not "advertising" treatments, I was sharing an interesting article on the possibility of another therapy to help in the HORRENDOUS virus. With your sarcastic comment saying people think "Covid is ok....." YOU should be happy there are some interesting, promising possible therapies in trials. That's how it's done.

The beauty here, is you don't have to be here.
Lol, what? Advertising treatments and "Covid is ok" was not addressed to you at all. Pay attention.

Yes, basic research is extremely important but the road to a successful treatment in vivo is very long and often dead ends.

Right now, we have vaccines that tremendously reduce the chance of hospitalization or death. That's a fact.

And we have some treatments that work in certain cases. Very expensive, and definitely not cure all.

Last edited by serger; 08-13-2021 at 09:26 PM..

Old 08-13-2021, 10:05 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,980,699 times
Quote:
Lol, what? Advertising treatments and "Covid is ok" was not addressed to you at all. Pay attention.

Yes, basic research is extremely important but the road to a successful treatment in vivo is very long and often dead ends.

Right now, we have vaccines that tremendously reduce the chance of hospitalization or death. That's a fact.

And we have some treatments that work in certain cases. Very expensive, and definitely not cure all.

I didn't ask you about vaccines. Pay attention.

Old 08-14-2021, 03:45 AM

18,566 posts, read 15,679,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No one is “spewing false information” we are discussing concerns. Just because you don’t understand our concerns and want to dismiss them as misinformation doesn’t mean that they are misinformation or not real. I personally find a lot of what you and a few others post to be very dangerous considering you would be happy to trade away our freedom to lead normal lives for potentially a little bit more safety from covid.
There are people on social media spewing false information, including both some "news" outlets and Facebook and Twitter.

Concerned people such as myself are being brushed aside by those who believe in some sort of "absolute right" to act contrary to basic health measures in a worldwide pandemic.

Just because you don't understand the importance of the vaccines doesn't mean it isn't real.

And the people refusing vaccines are indirectly prolonging public health restrictions. Officials wouldn't be doing these things (for example, bring mask mandates back) if they were not necessary to keep people from getting sick. Encouraging people to refuse vaccines is actually delaying our return to freedom, whether you realize it or not.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:26 AM

11,983 posts, read 5,921,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
There are people on social media spewing false information, including both some "news" outlets and Facebook and Twitter.

Concerned people such as myself are being brushed aside by those who believe in some sort of "absolute right" to act contrary to basic health measures in a worldwide pandemic.

Just because you don't understand the importance of the vaccines doesn't mean it isn't real.

And the people refusing vaccines are indirectly prolonging public health restrictions. Officials wouldn't be doing these things (for example, bring mask mandates back) if they were not necessary to keep people from getting sick. Encouraging people to refuse vaccines is actually delaying our return to freedom, whether you realize it or not.
Nicole time for you to do some research. The "professionals" have been flip flopping the past 18 months on this virus and why the mistrust. Don't wear masks, wear masks. It survives on surfaces - disinfect - no need to disinfect, it will takes years to make a vaccine - now get the fully untested vaccine.

This virus, like the flu, exists and will continue to exist because of animal reservoirs which is something Polio, Measles, Mumps ect does not have. Each year the virus will mutate as does the flu and we'll have people die - just as they do when they get the flu and it develops into pneumonia. The flu vaccine only reduces the risk of the illness by 40 - 60% and yet they are saying this vaccine which did not go through the rigorous trials other medication has to go through is 94% effective.

I'm hoping they get lucky and 5, 10 yrs down the road, we don't discover that a large portion of the population isn't suffering from x,y,z due to the vaccine. There will be no one to sue because the drug companies were given immunity. Our hospitals may again be overflowing and those that decided not to get the vaccine will be saying I told you so.

I'm vaccinated and sorry I got it after doing more research on these mRNAs. They began development back in the 80's - 40 yrs ago - and to date none have passed the 1st clinical trials. The majority didn't make it through the animal trials. An mRNA for treating cancer developed in 2009 is still in the clinical testing phase on humans and has not been approved and yet you are telling people - nothing to fear - get vaccinated?

You may be concerned but are not basing your opinion on science. These studies are unbiased - not from left or right leaning periodicals. Politics plays no part in the actual scientific data that can be researched and read by everyone. It is not edited as articles presented by left and right leaning media outlets.

Right now media is scaring everyone saying that the hospitals are at 70% capacity - guess what before Covid hospitals were at 68-80% capacity every day of the week. It's the hospital manager's job to keep them full (less some margin for emergencies) by controlling the amount of elective work that the hospital undertakes. If they find themselves never going over 50% utilization, it means they built too big a hospital... Please start actually researching instead of fear mongering which is exactly what the liberals want you to do.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:38 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,715,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Right now media is scaring everyone saying that the hospitals are at 70% capacity - guess what before Covid hospitals were at 68-80% capacity every day of the week. It's the hospital manager's job to keep them full (less some margin for emergencies) by controlling the amount of elective work that the hospital undertakes. If they find themselves never going over 50% utilization, it means they built too big a hospital... Please start actually researching instead of fear mongering which is exactly what the liberals want you to do.
I wouldn't downplay the hospital situation too much. I belong to an online community for support for a surgical procedure I had done in March of this year. Still recovering. There's been two members of the group who have had some of the hardware fail on their surgeries, so they've got screws starting to "surface" in their foot and ankle. One lives in Texas and one is in Alabama. Neither of them are allowed to have this issue taken care of because the hospitals that their surgeon is aligned with have put a hold on "elective" surgeries. Personally, I don't consider screws coming undone and you not being able to really walk as "elective" but that's what they are up against.

Now, I'm in Virginia and, so far, if that happens to me, I'm good. Our hospitals are doing fine. We have an increase there, but it's manageable so far. I think it's disingenuous of you to say that hospital capacity in these areas is normal and you're basically asserting that it's being reported on as something different. The cessations of elective surgeries is fairly telling that the hospital cannot accommodate you if something goes wrong during your surgery, so they won't take that risk. Doing that is certainly bad for their business and the surgeon too.

Old 08-14-2021, 05:33 AM

43,597 posts, read 18,669,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I wouldn't downplay the hospital situation too much. I belong to an online community for support for a surgical procedure I had done in March of this year. Still recovering. There's been two members of the group who have had some of the hardware fail on their surgeries, so they've got screws starting to "surface" in their foot and ankle. One lives in Texas and one is in Alabama. Neither of them are allowed to have this issue taken care of because the hospitals that their surgeon is aligned with have put a hold on "elective" surgeries. Personally, I don't consider screws coming undone and you not being able to really walk as "elective" but that's what they are up against.

Now, I'm in Virginia and, so far, if that happens to me, I'm good. Our hospitals are doing fine. We have an increase there, but it's manageable so far. I think it's disingenuous of you to say that hospital capacity in these areas is normal and you're basically asserting that it's being reported on as something different. The cessations of elective surgeries is fairly telling that the hospital cannot accommodate you if something goes wrong during your surgery, so they won't take that risk. Doing that is certainly bad for their business and the surgeon too.
sure ICU beds are near capacity but what percentage are covid ?
The MSM makes it out to be that all the ICU beds are full of covid patients.

Here in SC ICU beds are at 77% capacity...1303 occupied ICU beds. Of that 317 are covid and the other 986 are something else.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/hospital-...acity-covid-19

Old 08-14-2021, 05:35 AM

30,372 posts, read 11,981,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
I can live with that too, if I had to. But, the hammer is coming down in some places. And, you wait - you will see MORE of that, not less.

Where I am it will never happen. We have had no mandates since the pandemic began. If it happens elsewhere I am almost certainly not going to those places so I really don't care. If a majority of people there do not approve they can vote out those out who push this stuff or recall them like Newsome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.