Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2021, 03:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,969,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The Cancer-Vaccine Atrocity More to look for down the road.???

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-10-...ten-years.html
Nothing more than the mad ramblings of a conspiracy theorist of his rocker.

Old 10-29-2021, 03:53 PM

15,158 posts, read 8,713,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Good gosh, Mike Adams goes off the rails even worse than Alex Jones in his far right conspiracy theory hysteria. No, not everything in the media is brought to you by Pfizer.

As he did on Thursday, Adams sometimes gets with Alex Jones to spread his hysterical and bizarre nonsense. They are for entertainment at best. Adams even admitted that people take him that way.
Talk about cognitive dissonance, lord.

The compilation of an extraordinary amount of “brought to you by Pfizer” references shows how prolific Pfizer is in pumping out big $$$ to mainstream media, with particular favoritism for news networks. And your response is “not everything is brought to you by Pfizer”? LOL. No, not everything … but there sure seems to be a lot that is!!!

Its always the same lame game with you guys about right wing conspiracy theories, because to you, apparently conspiracies don’t exist. And nobody bribes anyone either. And donations to election campaigns don’t expect political favors in return. No, everything is like Mayberry and Sheriff Andy Taylor!

This kind of non-thinking is why we’re in such deep crap …. the inconceivable level of disconnect with reality and child-like naiveté makes it so easy for these criminals to literally get away with murder. And it doesn’t matter how obvious it is, you’ll be sure to miss it.

Reminds me of this:

Old 10-29-2021, 03:57 PM

39,177 posts, read 51,485,323 times
Default New study: Vaccination is better than natural immunity in preventing recurrent infections

This has been a topic of much speculation and little data. But today, the CDC released a study showing that unvaccinated people who had gotten a covid infection were 5.49 times more likely to get another than those who were only vaccinated (and did not get covid). They did not address the question of what are the odds if one has had covid and then gets vaccinated or vice versa. This study is further evidence in favor of vaccination over hoping for durable immunity from a prior infection with covid.

Quote:
Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7044e1_w

Old 10-29-2021, 04:27 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,130,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This has been a topic of much speculation and little data. But today, the CDC released a study showing that unvaccinated people who had gotten a covid infection were 5.49 times more likely to get another than those who were only vaccinated (and did not get covid). They did not address the question of what are the odds if one has had covid and then gets vaccinated or vice versa. This study is further evidence in favor of vaccination over hoping for durable immunity from a prior infection with covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7044e1_w
It's a bogus study, flies in the face of what we're seeing and also data from Israel and many other places. Of course, I see CDC sponsored this study, so explains a lot.

Also such wonderful disclosures:

Quote:
Stephanie A. Irving reports support from Westat to Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research. Nicola P. Klein reports support from Pfizer to Kaiser Permanente, Northern California for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials, and institutional support from Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, and Sanofi Pasteur outside the current study. Charlene McEvoy reports support from AstraZeneca to HealthPartners Institute for COVID-19 vaccine trials. Allison L. Naleway reports Pfizer Research funding to Kaiser Permanente Northwest for unrelated study of meningococcal B vaccine safety during pregnancy. Suchitra Rao reports grants from GlaxoSmithKline and Biofire Diagnostics. No other potential conflicts of interest were disclosed.
With such a whose of whose of big pharma shills, how you cannot trust such obviously cooked results?

Quote:
Medical events with a discharge code consistent with COVID-19–like illness were included. COVID-19–like illness diagnoses included acute respiratory illness (e.g., COVID-19, respiratory failure, or pneumonia) or related signs or symptoms (cough, fever, dyspnea, vomiting, or diarrhea) using diagnosis codes from the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision and International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision.
Cooking the books too. COVID-like illness. LOL.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:30 PM

43,671 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Gee..CDC internal study ? No thanks.

Previous CDC "internal study" also said we didn't need boosters.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:31 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,130,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Gee..CDC internal study ? No thanks.

Previous CDC "internal study" also said we didn't need boosters.
This study was funded by big pharma, look at their disclosures.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:34 PM

43,671 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
This study was funded by big pharma, look at their disclosures.
The mere fact that it was not put out for peer review says it all to me.
I will disregard it.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:35 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,017,673 times
CDC has become politicized at this point . They have been compromised by big pharma. Thow FDA in that club as well.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:37 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,955,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

The vast majority of people get the flu during their lifetime.
I'm 49 and am at influenza twice in my lifetime. First time was in college where I was in a rough enough training block with the swim team that my immune system was probably somewhat suppressed and second time was 3-4 years back. My influenza experience has been that I sleep for like 40 out of 48 hours and then things are pretty much back to normal. Not pleasant but no big deal. Spousal Unit got the flu at the same time I got the second round and was out with it hard for 8-9 days.

The thing is that I realize that I'm results not typical with the flu compared to many and I don't try to tell others it's no big deal for everyone just because I have a pretty easy time with it.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:38 PM

2,367 posts, read 916,996 times
Pretty simple to understand. They compared with people who had no previous infection.

People who have already gotten covid are more likely to get it again, because of lifestyle risks (exposure on the job, or social, masking and hand washing habits). And those who have never gotten covid are less likely to get it for the same reason.

Of course the vaccinated people WITH previous infection would acquire some immunity from the infection as well as from the vaccine. So that group isn't comparable either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.