Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2022, 01:58 PM

20,097 posts, read 20,903,532 times

Advertisements

Everyone remembers when the Dunce in Chief announced on one of his rare national pressers that the “vaccine” would prevent you from getting the virus. That was a fact, the video has been replayed a gajillion times of him saying it.
Just some people refuse to acknowledge it, or they defend it with some off the wall nonsensical reasoning.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:05 PM

17,687 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
There is a serious misunderstanding of "preventing" and "percentage" no clue about "mutation", "breakthrough" and "immune compromise" not to mention lack of knowledge of science, scientific method and virology.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein
LOL. You liberal rubber-stamps for the nonsense of the past two years haven't learned one single thing from the data and facts that we have compiled since this started.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:17 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
This is insane.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...fice-confirms/

Quote:
A mother has been charged after authorities said a child was found in the trunk of a car at a Cy-Fair ISD drive-thru COVID testing site, Harris County District Attorney’s Office confirmed.

Sarah Beam has since been charged with endangering a child. Cy-Fair ISD Police Department said a warrant has been issued for her arrest.

According to reports, Beam pulled into the drive-thru COVID testing site located at 11355 Falcon Road in northwest Harris County and that’s when an officer heard something in the trunk. When Beam opened the trunk, officials said the 14-year-old was found.

Officials said the mom explained that the child tested positive for COVID and had to be quarantined.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:20 PM

2,025 posts, read 874,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yep, it's all BS! I am so glad I never got that stupid vaccine.
Yep, it's all bs, it's all political. That's what the unvaccinated 42 yr old told my fiance when he entered the ICU last month. 4 days later he was dead.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:21 PM

4,677 posts, read 4,996,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Thanks for honoring my posts. So long as someone is semi-technical enough to understand WHY booster(s) were proposed, then all they need to do is listen to scientists who study this topic for a living. I don't think I'm brilliant. Rather, I am technical enough to understand what they said and I parroted it accordingly in layman's terms.

When you have people debating if a vaccine is a vaccine or if a lot of people actually died from COVID or if masks help SOME. Well, I enjoy debating with them for the benefit of the lurkers. I mean, it's like taking candy from a baby. You can drive a freight train through their logic train.

Dude or Dudette, specifically with Omicron, you are preaching to the choir! The masks are NOW far less effective (and I'd argue that cloth masks are too close to worthless to even matter). I've never been a fan of mandating a vaccine. We agree that NOW, decision-makers haven't figured out how to pivot when we have a far less harmful variant. And NOW with Omicron the net-net is more harm than good. Long ago, the messenger should have been fired. I mean, if 1/2 the team despises the coach (in this case Fauci), you are going to lose the game. And without question, there is no way COVID is going to get squashed with vaccines but they still do help.

So let's embrace the Omicron variant and move on. Maybe slow it down so the hospitals can keep up. Discuss the truth that this Omicron is pretty mild and this might be a blessing in disguise.

That doesn't mean that people get off the hook for spreading misinformation galore. It's rampant on this forum. And if you want to harp about "booster after booster", at least try and understand what happened along the way. So yea, the RNA sequencing from Jan 2020 is less than ideal for Omicron. See, that wasn't too hard to admit.
What do you think of the opinion that the worst "misinformation" is that these vaccines were going to end Covid, and thus, it made sense to shame and terrify people into putting their lives on hold for a year (with a not-so-thinly-veiled exception for the George Floyd protests) until they became available? Should we be doing anything to not let people "get off the hook" for that "misinformation?"

Old 01-07-2022, 02:25 PM

1,440 posts, read 672,225 times
I decided I will get a shot a year if needed for covid .
That seems reasonable to me.
I did hear the annual flu shot I recieved isn't very effective this year either.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:26 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,800,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
That doesn't mean that people get off the hook for spreading misinformation galore. It's rampant on this forum. And if you want to harp about "booster after booster", at least try and understand what happened along the way. So yea, the RNA sequencing from Jan 2020 is less than ideal for Omicron. See, that wasn't too hard to admit.
The truth on the vaccines is that they can't even figure out what the correct dosage is.

Forgive me for not trusting a word they say.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:26 PM

3,131 posts, read 1,025,470 times
We are all living in these times where craziness and insanity, being lied to and manipulated is considered now a virtue, a moral and a noble thing.

I imagine in 100 years from now, in the future...people will look back and think:"What in the world was going on? How was this even possible?"

Old 01-07-2022, 02:41 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,756,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I started off watching videos from Wuhan with thousands getting sick and many dying , so it was never a political football for me.This was when the virus was only in Wuhan and the dems were too busy impeaching Trump to even notice

I don't believe in mandates. Biden never took into account the natural antibodies of getting Covid or talked about prevention of getting hospitalized with therapeutics. Biden is a one trick pony and a very narrow way to deal with a complex issue of this virus. Biden is not qualified to even know anything. This virus was produced as a bio-weapon. No one wants to hold Communist China accountable . China also is making another killer called Fentanyl killing our young people . No one focuses on that either.

If one gets Delta covid and has no shots they can get regeneron or other therapeutics, but now I hear Biden is not buying any of them. It is as if Biden wants those unvaccinated people to die if the get really sick... Trump took therapeutics and many others which had them up and around in a few days. Biden doesn't talk about that. He is so political , he doesn't want to save lives, he wants to rule lives . This is why Biden is a disgusting human being.
Biden said he is buying the Pfizer pill so maybe regeneron won't be needed.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:43 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,351,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
What do you think of the opinion that the worst "misinformation" is that these vaccines were going to end Covid, and thus, it made sense to shame and terrify people into putting their lives on hold for a year (with a not-so-thinly-veiled exception for the George Floyd protests) until they became available? Should we be doing anything to not let people "get off the hook" for that "misinformation?"
By the spring of 2020, no one but no one believed Covid could be "ended" meaning not become endemic - that is outside the confused, who no doubt are pervasive in both the MSM and social media.

The mRNA vaccines, in particular, did result in a level of neutralizing antibodies high enough to create a sterilizing immunity even when given as an intra-muscular injection. Duration unknown (for nAbs decline varies depending on the disease). Therefore, never fully assessed before the virus mutated into Delta although nAbs were waning. Blame the so-called misinformation on: SARS-CoV-2 for it was not following the playbook the world would have wanted.

The reasonable goals now appear to be: (1) use public health measures (like better ventilation in enclosed spaces) to reduce the level of disease within the community and (2) continue to prevent severe disease for those infected.

Some so-called high-efficacy vaccines are, in part, effective in the community because disease levels are reasonably low. As a novel very highly infectious disease, Covid will not fall into that pattern for probably many years to come.

More, vaccine efficacy depends both on vaccine design and on viral biology. Measles (that results from another RNA virus and, as such, frequently mutates) also behaves much better than covid. Apparently any mutation to the measles virus means it can no longer infect humans. That makes designing a vaccine for it easy-peasy. SARS-CoV-2 is not so cooperative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.